Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

I'm thinking we need to find out more about Paragon. Evidently, the tissues are important for tracing the identity of the heroes. After they got the stomach the identified Barry Allen (or confirmed it), they confirmed Arthur after getting the eyes, etc. Evidently, Paragon was assembled from tissues matching that of actual heroes. Maybe the tissues were cloned, or else they came from some alternate reality where the heroes were vivisected or something.

After this arc/season is over, I'm guessing the next one will be tracking down who assembled Paragon to start with, how they got the tissues samples, and what they are up to now.

Spectacular Member AgentGrayson1114's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I'm thinking we need to find out more about Paragon. Evidently, the tissues are important for tracing the identity of the heroes. After they got the stomach the identified Barry Allen (or confirmed it), they confirmed Arthur after getting the eyes, etc. Evidently, Paragon was assembled from tissues matching that of actual heroes. Maybe the tissues were cloned, or else they came from some alternate reality where the heroes were vivisected or something.

After this arc/season is over, I'm guessing the next one will be tracking down who assembled Paragon to start with, how they got the tissues samples, and what they are up to now.
    Gardener says that Midnighter destroyed that Paragon abomination in issue 2. I don't know a lot about Midnighter, I know who the character is and about his abilities, but not too much on his history. Definitely not familiar with the New52 version. Did they go up against a Paragon?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGrayson1114 View Post
    Gardener says that Midnighter destroyed that Paragon abomination in issue 2. I don't know a lot about Midnighter, I know who the character is and about his abilities, but not too much on his history. Definitely not familiar with the New52 version. Did they go up against a Paragon?
    There was a character in the past named Paragon, but I don't think Stormwatch ever had anything to do with him. In any case, Seeley says this is an entirely new character/creation/thing. Yes, evidently Midnighter did destroy what the Gardener called an "abomination."

That is actually one reason I think the second season may focus on Paragon and his creators. Seeley and King have said that they have come up with a good reason for Midnighter to stay around in Grayson. He is obviously interested in tracking down the organs, and having him and Dick join together to find Paragon's creators and foil their current plots would be very plausible.

More importantly, they need to come up with some excuse for Dick to keep up his current direction after Mr. Minos is defeated. Saying that Minos was only a secondary threat, with the real danger to the hero community and the world coming from whoever made Paragon, would be a good way to do that. Perhaps a post-Minos Spyral would make tracking down Paragon's creators one of its top priorities, with Dick and Helena being the agents in charge.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Do you think that Paragon could factor into next year's the "crisis" event or that perhaps the creators of Paragon might?
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

I hope not. Rather it just be its own thing.

I believe that Paragon is a new thing, but it's odd how similar and appropriate the previous Paragon, created by Kurt Busiek, would be here. A guy whose power was literally copying the powers and skills of anyone in his vicinity at a GREATER level than they; better martial artist than Black Canary, stronger than Superman, stronger will than GL, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Do you think that Paragon could factor into next year's the "crisis" event or that perhaps the creators of Paragon might?
    From the hints we have about the "crisis" so far I would not think so. Everything seems to be moving on two parallel tracks. Track One is Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor featured in Justice League and apparently the current Green Lantern/New Gods crossover (which I am not reading). Track Two is Braniac and bottled worlds, featured in Futures End, Superman Doomed, and Booster Gold. I suppose Paragon could turn out to be an Apokalyptian creation or some such, but from what we know at the moment it really doesn't seem to fit the developing crisis.

BANNED

How long until we see sales numbers for last month? I'm curious to see how well Futures End Grayson did.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I hope not. Rather it just be its own thing.

I believe that Paragon is a new thing, but it's odd how similar and appropriate the previous Paragon, created by Kurt Busiek, would be here. A guy whose power was literally copying the powers and skills of anyone in his vicinity at a GREATER level than they; better martial artist than Black Canary, stronger than Superman, stronger will than GL, etc.
    Yeah, I'd much rather this be it's own thing as well. I was only speculating a bit. My current theory on Paragon is that not only does Spyral plan to use it to identify the civilian IDs of heroes but that they may, in fact, be planning to try use a regenerated Paragon to attempt to eliminate them as well.

From the hints we have about the "crisis" so far I would not think so. Everything seems to be moving on two parallel tracks. Track One is Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor featured in Justice League and apparently the current Green Lantern/New Gods crossover (which I am not reading). Track Two is Braniac and bottled worlds, featured in Futures End, Superman Doomed, and Booster Gold. I suppose Paragon could turn out to be an Apokalyptian creation or some such, but from what we know at the moment it really doesn't seem to fit the developing crisis.
    And we have Paragon who may be a direct threat to the current heroes if Spyral should decide to do more than just use his organs to ID heroes. Holy to many irons in the fire, Batman.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Perhaps Paragon was a failed attempt to make an AMAZO. Using actual organic tissue to create an amalgamation of the major superheroes. AMAZO being the second attempt that doesn't require a Frankenstein-like patchwork or organs. Instead he just downloads the hero's DNA.
    Though Johns is about to unleash The AMAZO Virus over in Justice League.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Perhaps Paragon was a failed attempt to make an AMAZO. Using actual organic tissue to create an amalgamation of the major superheroes. AMAZO being the second attempt that doesn't require a Frankenstein-like patchwork or organs. Instead he just downloads the hero's DNA.
    Though Johns is about to unleash The AMAZO Virus over in Justice League.
    Yeah, Amazo was the first thing that came to mind. But isn't Amazo a robot and Paragon is like a Frankenstein monster?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Yeah, Amazo was the first thing that came to mind. But isn't Amazo a robot and Paragon is like a Frankenstein monster?
    Dual approaches to the same problem?

BANNED

Finally got around to reading this. Terrific comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    How long until we see sales numbers for last month? I'm curious to see how well Futures End Grayson did.
    Should be available on Monday

This was a great issue! Grayson is becoming a favorite book of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...yson-3-preview
    And now we return to our regularly schedule comic.
    Also, that last page...
    I agree that it was quite good, although I wouldn't call it fantastic. ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Janin's art was beautiful of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Dick as DC's Bond wasn't my favorite concept, but quality is quality and this was a good issue, fun and tragic in turns.
    'What he said.' x 4.