Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Why not have him master the device so that it's HIS tool, not Spyral's?
    That would make the most sense. He seems to be a natural with it. Why get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    That would make the most sense. He seems to be a natural with it. Why get rid of it.
    Oh, I actually quite like it. It gives Dick something unique (well, other than the other members of Spyral, who don't have a comic that they headline), and backed up by his own natural and trained abilities it becomes a useful additional weapon in his hands. Also, it's technology rather than a superpower, and fairly subtle. It'd fit quite well into the Bat-universe in general.

But it does seem to me that some of the tension and drama of this first arc of stories has to come from the fact that at the moment Spyral can override it and take away control from him. At the very least he needs to disable that aspect of the device.

That plus battle computer = DickGod

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Why not have him master the device so that it's HIS tool, not Spyral's?
    That's because Dick has already mastered the use of HIS tool, heyo

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    At the very least, he is getting practice. Evidently, the upcoming issue will address what happens when you put Dick Grayson in an isolated school full of teenage femme fatales. On Twitter Chris Burnham, who has read it, said:

@HackinTimSeeley Manty raid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    At the very least, he is getting practice. Evidently, the upcoming issue will address what happens when you put Dick Grayson in an isolated school full of teenage femme fatales. On Twitter Chris Burnham, who has read it, said:
    SO CLOSE.

Need.

Burnham would be a great choice if Janin ever needs fill-in work, BTW, Tim&Tom.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Spectacular Member AgentGrayson1114's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    That he has. Now he'll have to tools mastered.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Oh, I actually quite like it. It gives Dick something unique (well, other than the other members of Spyral, who don't have a comic that they headline), and backed up by his own natural and trained abilities it becomes a useful additional weapon in his hands. Also, it's technology rather than a superpower, and fairly subtle. It'd fit quite well into the Bat-universe in general.

But it does seem to me that some of the tension and drama of this first arc of stories has to come from the fact that at the moment Spyral can override it and take away control from him. At the very least he needs to disable that aspect of the device.
    like i said dick now has the dc verison of the sharingan! so please keep it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post

I agree with this. If he can tinker around with radios and make communication devices, he isn't REALLY the moron DC relegates him to in order to make Tim Drake look smart. Why couldn't he mess around with the hypnos device and use it to take out his Spyral superiors instead of vice versa? And may be the hypnos device could eventually be his ticket back into the DC Universe, what with the warm hypnos fuzzies replacing memories that might linger in the pea-sized brains of people inhabiting Earth DC (the ones who who don't connect that Superman is Clark Kent because of one little curl on his forehead).