Page 1 of 5186 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Default Black Panther Appreciation: Wakanda Forever!

Welcome, one and all, to the BLACK PANTHER Appreciation to celebrate T'Challa (and/or his sister Shuri)!

Let the appreciation and celebrations continue!

Black Panther's Theme Song:

Black Panther's official logo:

T'Challa is a brilliant tactician, strategist, scientist, tracker and a master of all forms of unarmed combat whose unique hybrid fighting style incorporates acrobatics and aspects of animal mimicry. T'Challa, being a royal descendent of a warrior race, is also a master of armed combat, able to use a variety of weapons but prefers unarmed combat. He is a master planner who always thinks several steps ahead of his enemies as well as his friends and will go to extreme measures to achieve his goals and protect the kingdom of Wakanda.

T'Challa's senses and physical attributes have been enhanced to superhuman levels by the heart-shaped herb. Recently he received an upgrade from Bast the Panther God and is now known as the King of the Dead, essentially making him the king of all the deceased monarchs that ruled before him and also giving him a whole new range of powers (which are to be slowly revealed over time). Bast now considers T'Challa to be her personal champion and HER Black Panther.

T'Challa's Vibranium-weave uniform absorbs the kinetic force of impacts, rendering him bulletproof. His costume's gloves can generate energy daggers and house anti-metal claws that dissolve other metals on contact. His Kimoyo Card enables global communication, picks up satellite signals, and can block most radio transmissions. His boot soles are thick Vibranium alloy pads which can vibrate at various frequencies, allowing him to run up the sides of buildings, land soundlessly and without injury from a height of 50 feet, walk on water, or slice through metal. His costume is fitted with cloaking technology, allowing it to pass as normal street clothes. He also has access to the many specialized weapons and vehicles of Wakanda. The extent of technology T'Challa has access to is believed to be limitless.

Black Panther Concepts:

Wakanda
    Vibranium
    King of the Dead powers
    Nowhere Room
    Shadow Physics
    Caves of Bast
    Technojungle
    Kimoyo Card
    Dora Milaje
    Bast
    Heart-shaped herb
    Midnight Angels
    Hatut Zeraze
    Energy daggers
    Necropolis
    Wakandan Space Program
    N'Yami-class battlecruiser
    Skybikes
    Wakandan flying cars
    Black Panther's stretch limo
    Force Push
    Vibranium microweave
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 04-13-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Honor the The King of Wakanda T'Challa's NEW CBR Thread!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I love new beginnings...
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

No matter what, Wakanda still stands!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Who is the Black Panther? What can he do? You've entered the right place. Welcome to Wakanda.

The Ultimate Black Panther Feats List:

Strength:

Broke a gun with his raw strength. (Jungle Action)
    Subdued and snapped the neck of a rhino. (Jungle Action)
    Able to jump *at least* ten feet in the air. (Jungle Action)
    Punched Namor with enough force to knock him back several feet into a wall. (Priest)
    Scaled a building in less than ten seconds, while dragging a man by his hair. (Priest)
    Broke Red Skull's jaw (Avengers: Red Zone - Geoff Johns)
    Has repeatedly been considered a peer to Captain America physically, even when not powered by the heart shaped herb. (Priest, Hudlin, Liss).

Durability:

Has displayed the ability to project an energy shield to defend himself. (New Avengers V.3 #1)
    Vibranium mesh suit steals momentum from bullets, negates electricity, and renders knives and swords useless. (Priest)
    Able to call upon thrice blessed armor which offers additional protection. (Hudlin)
    Black Panther has repeatedly shown the ability to ignore massive bodily harm through extended periods of time, including blunt trauma, immolation, severe blood loss, tendon and ligament damage, and broken bones. (Jungle Action, Priest, Hudlin, Maberry)
    The heart shaped herb Panther ingested gives him accelerated healing ability. (Jungle Action, Priest, Hudlin)
    Withstood a point blank blast from a Phoenix powered Namor. (Avenergers Vs. X-Men)

Speed:

Is stated to throw three punches in the time it takes a normal man to throw one. (Jungle Action)
    Jumped through the window of a moving bus to attack Iron Fist. (Priest)
    Has limited short range teleportation ability. (New Avengers V.3 #1)
    Was able to mount Silver Surfer's board mid flight. (Fantastic Four - McDuffie)
    Oh multiple occasions has been shown to be faster than Spider-Man (Spider-Man - Hudlin)

Intellect:

Has the ability to call upon the collective knowledge and experience of all previous Black Panthers. (Fantastic Four #608)
    Extensive knowledge of anatomy and pressure points allowed him to immobilize Luke Cage, who has impenetrable skin (Black Panther: The Man Without Fear)
    Black Panther is one of the ten smartest people on Earth 616 (Black Panther: The Man Without Fear)
    Black Panther has developed Shadow Physics which facilitates short range teleportation (Maberry), and has since apparently miniaturized and rendered the process safe for standard use. (New Avenger V.3)
    Has built protocols to deal with Galactus. (Priest)
    Has reverse engineered and adapted tech (originally pioneered by Dr. Doom) to battle two of Galactus' heralds. (Fantastic Four - McDuffie)
    Developed the Kimono Card and his Energy Daggers.
    Developed and supplied the Avengers with the Quinjet, their primary group mode of transportation.
    Was able to defeat Vlad the Impaler and various incapacitation gadgets using simple parts from a hardware store. (Liss)
    With the aid of Reed Richards, Black Panther developed Antimatter bombs cabable of destroying entire planets. (New Avengers V.3)
    Black Panther's mind is so well guarded Emma Frost described it as "A bear trap wrapped in barbed wire... that someone set on fire" and received feedback shock while trying and failing to read his mind. (Original Sin #4 - Jason Aaron).

Guile:

Black Panther uses Storm, Nick Fury, and Wolverine's to eliminate rogues elements from Wakanda. (Wolverine V.5 #8)
    Has the ability to use active camouflage to blend into his surroundings. (New Avengers V.3 #1)
    Was able to temporarily subdue Silver Surfer. (Fantastic Four - McDuffie)
    Took down the entire FF in his first appearance. (FF #52.)
    Was able to trick Mephisto by giving up his soul, ultimately this resulted in Mephisto being overwhelmed by souls of every Black Panther. (Priest)

Luck: He don't need no luck!!!!!!

Additional Feats:

Anti-metal vibranium claws shred any metal. (Preist)
    Vibraium soled boots allow Panther to move completely silently, scale walls, and even walk on water. (Priest)
    Defeated Super-Skrulls and the Skrull armada. (See Wakanda ands Die - Aaron)
    Black Panther has employed the use of various vehicles including; a fleet of N'Yami Class Battlecruisers (Priest), a Sky-Bike (Hudlin, Aaron), and a Panther themed battlemech/"Zord". (EotS I - Priest, Black Panther Annual #1 - Hudlin)
    Panther employs an elite honor guard comprised of warrior women called the Dora Milaje (Priest, Hudlin, Maberry, Hickman).
    Panther can call upon the Wakandan secret police force/elite soldiers known as the Hatut Zeraze, this is in addition to the Wakandan regular military which has shown the ability to repel even the most deadly threats. (Priest, Hickman)
    As a Wakandan King/Royal, T'challa has access to the vast resources of Wakanda, one of the most prosperous nations on the planet. (Jungle Action, Kirby, Priest, Hudlin, Maberry, Liss).
    Black Panther(s) have extreme heightened senses including the ability to track by smell, keen night vision, and exceptional hearing.
    Stalled and sent Black Dwarf away in retreat in a single combat confrontation (for comparrison Black Dwarf was later defeated by the combined efforts of Ronan, Super Skrull, Annihilus, and Gladiator.) (New Avengers 9; Avengers 23)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special thanks to all the Panther fans you'll find in this thread. This type of list wouldn't be possible without the combined knowledge contained within.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 10-12-2016 at 06:40 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Amandla! We're back!

Crap. I'm not positive but I think i stole someone's name. Sorry if it was yours, whoever sees this.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BP related stuff to checkout (Amazon links)

The Essential Black Panther Vol. One - Don McGregor
    Marvel Masterworks: The Black Panther - Don McGregor
    Black Panther Vol. One - Jack Kirby
    Black Panther Vol. Two - Jack Kirby
    The Black Panther Vol. 1: The Client - Christopher Priest
    The Black Panther Vol. 2: Enemy of the State - Christopher Priest
    Black Panther: Who Is The Black Panther - Reginald Hudlin
    X-Men: Wild Kingdom - Reginald Hudlin & Peter Milligan
    Black Panther: Bad Mutha - Reginald Hudlin
    Black Panther: The Bride - Reginald Hudlin
    Black Panther: Civil War- Reginald Hudlin
    Black Panther: Four the Hard Way - Reginald Hudlin
    Fantastic Four: The New Fantastic Four - Dwayne McDuffie
    Black Panther: Little Green Men - Reginald Hudlin
    Black Panther: Back To Africa - Reginald Hudlin
    Black Panther: Secret Invasion - Jason Aaron
    Captain America & Black Panther: Flags of Our Fathers - Reginald Hudlin
    Black Panther: Deadliest of the Species - Reginald Hudlin & Jonathan Maberry
    Black Panther: Power - Jonathan Maberry
    Doomwar - Jonathan Maberry
    Klaws of the Panther - Jonathan Maberry
    Black Panther: The Man Without Fear - David Liss
    Black Panther: The Man Without Fear: Fear Itself - David Liss
    Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive - David Liss

Am I missing anything?

Pre-order

Black Panther by Christopher Priest: The Complete Collection Volume 1

Black Panther by Christopher Priest: The Complete Collection Vol. 2

Black Panther by Christopher Priest: The Complete Collection Vol. 3

Black Panther by Christopher Priest: The Complete Collection Vol. 4

Marvel Masterworks: The Black Panther Vol. 2

Black Panther Epic Collection: Panther's Rage

Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Book 1
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 03-21-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    i think its great that the reboot happened.
    As am I. It feels almost like a rebirth of sorts lol. I get to use a new signature, honoring the great warrior herself, Mistress Aneka, fighting mistress of the Dora Milaje. Perhaps this is a sign from the Panther God.

Last edited by nj06; 05-03-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I started a new "issues" thread in the community forum called "Minorities In Comics and Related Media". I know it was born from this thread so i figured it was easier to post then attempting to track down new names and PMing everyone. Mods: I promise this will be the only "self promoting" from me.
    Pull List:

AMANDLA BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Attachment 47

I approve of this reboot!

Carry on...

Black Panther baby

First page!
    The J-man

BANNED

Thought something bad happened. But it was just a massive reboot of the forums.

Last edited by Ajala; 04-30-2014 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

Umbra can come back if he wants to and so can Maj.

o