Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Part of me almost wishes Black Panther had a net flicks show rather than a movie. Obviously net flicks doesn't have the budget to do Wakame justice ... but with 13 hours of programing instead of 2 it allows the supporting cast and villains to really be fleshed out. Luke Cage did a great job with that.

Given how many villains are showing up as it is , I think character like Shuri are likely just going to be walk on cameos.

Showing Wakanda alone would make a BP Netflix series the most expensive television series of ALL TIME so they'd probably rather pour that money into a tent pole release that falls under the MCU banner of built in audience and box office success
    Last edited by Ziggiyy; 10-22-2016 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggiyy View Post
    Showing Wakandans alone would make a BP Netflix series the most expensive television series of ALL TIME so they'd probably rather pour that money into a tent pole release that falls under the MCU banner of built in audience and box office success
    Yeah, the idea of seeing a Black Panther Net Flicks show is PURELY rooted in me being a fan that would like to see that world more thoroughly explored.

Business wise it makes no sense whatsoever to make a Net Flicks show out of a property you're already making a movie out of. Since the movie is going to have a vastly largely audience than a Net Flicks show you're really gaining nothing in doing it. As far as building franchises, marvel is much better off building Net Flicks shows around characters that don't have movies, like say a Shang Chi, than to give a guy who already has a movie a TV show on top of that.

A BP Net Flicks show would be fun... but it really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Oh well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Did Changamire grow up in a different country? Wakanda(as far as I know) has always been about the sword. They just don't invade other countries(except Atlantis). When Nazi heads are piked in the 40s and Skrull heads are piked in the 2000s, one should know what to expect. Still looking for an explanation of the tyrannical acts committed by the crown.
    That's all on Coates's unimaginative and biased ass.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, the idea of seeing a Black Panther Net Flicks show is PURELY rooted in me being a fan that would like to see that world more thoroughly explored.

Business wise it makes no sense whatsoever to make a Net Flicks show out of a property you're already making a movie out of. Since the movie is going to have a vastly largely audience than a Net Flicks show you're really gaining nothing in doing it. As far as building franchises, marvel is much better off building Net Flicks shows around characters that don't have movies, like say a Shang Chi, than to give a guy who already has a movie a TV show on top of that.

A BP Net Flicks show would be fun... but it really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Oh well.
    The Netflix shows are just more entertaining. I could only imagine how bad a Jessica Jones or Luke Cage would be if they had to cater to movie audiences

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The Netflix shows are just more entertaining. I could only imagine how bad a Jessica Jones or Luke Cage would be if they had to cater to movie audiences
    I dont agree at all

I find the movies far more entertaining.

Netflix has great character moments, and can go relaly indepth into the hero, villain, and even supporting characters

but the action is so far below the big screen (there is a reason 99% of the stuff happens in the damn dark)

Sitting around and talking for 95% of the screen time works better on TV than movies
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-22-2016 at 06:41 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

BP would be terrible on Netflix. Netflix doesn't have the budget for it. Plus Black Panther doesn't especially benefit from the dark and gritty tone of the Netflix U for the most part.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    So a BP reader asked Coates who are his favorite BP character of the series, besides T'Challa. His answer:

"Tied between Shuri and Ramonda. Shockingly, I'm a royalist."

https://twitter.com/tanehisicoates/s...96283557847040

Wasn't expecting that.
    That he was a royalist or that he prefers women? I mean, 90% of the supporting characters are all women. It'd be a reach if he picked random Wakandan lieutenant No. 12132132.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    That he was a royalist or that he prefers women? I mean, 90% of the supporting characters are all women. It'd be a reach if he picked random Wakandan lieutenant No. 12132132.
    That he is a royalist. I expected Changamire to be his favorite, outside of T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    That he is a royalist. I expected Changamire to be his favorite, outside of T'Challa.
    We will judge whether he is full of shit or not when we get to the end I suppose

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    BP would be terrible on Netflix. Netflix doesn't have the budget for it. Plus Black Panther doesn't especially benefit from the dark and gritty tone of the Netflix U for the most part.
    Vic nailed the only story that would work.

It would be full T'challa sitting in the dark talking to himself or Sonya about his failures in Wakanda and his own self doubt.

Along with Vlad monologueing to his sons

That format would be perfect for that arc/story and that story only.

ain't gonna happen either lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We will judge whether he is full of shit or not when we get to the end I suppose

With Coates, I get the sense that, though he may indeed like certain characters, the narrative/story trumps all. If that makes sense.

He def could be telling the truth about which characters are his favorites. But it won't guarantee anything as far as what ending we'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I don't necessarily agree the Net Flicks shows are more entertaining... but I think there's more depth and complexity to them.

Those are the inherent upsides and downsides to a movie vs a tv show. A super hero movie has to be action packed and fast paced. And that leads to a lot more bang for your buck as far as excitement goes. But a TV show allows you to fully explore the universe you're in. 13 hours gives marvel plenty of time to flesh out the characters and settings history. It's a far more immsersive experience.

There's a definate appeal to both ways of doing things at least as far as storytelling goes (though obviously from a financial standpoint doing a movie is by far the better option).

Regardless of the ending, I think it's likely he's being honest about liking them.

He can do whatever he does and still personally like the characters. Hell, he had Ramonda blown up. But sometimes writers have bad things happen to characters they like... bad stuff happening is an inherent part of the genre.

Vic nailed the only story that would work.

It would be full T'challa sitting in the dark talking to himself or Sonya about his failures in Wakanda and his own self doubt.

Along with Vlad monologueing to his sons

That format would be perfect for that arc/story and that story only.

ain't gonna happen either lol
    There are a couple Priest stories which I do think would work as far as tone goes (budget may be a different story).

But yeah... it ain't gonna happen.

There are a couple Priest stories which I do think would work as far as tone goes (budget may be a different story).

But yeah... it ain't gonna happen.
    The first arc and the Kasper arc would work. The only thing you would need CG for would be the Mephisto parts.