Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As much as I loved T'Challa breaking Skulls jaw, I've always thought T'CHalla underperformed in that fight. You can argue Skull would have won if not for Falcon's birds. But that small issue aside, Red Zone was very fun and probably the best Avengers BP story.

I've said many times that no one can replicate Priests BP, but Johnns came as close as anyone ever has. He got that vibe where readers are almost a little scared of him. Almost.
    Was skull peak human then?

Yeah, u could argue that. But it ended in an ultra combo so its aiight lol.

And yeah, only few times outside priest that it felt like priest panther. But, i havent read a lot of avengers tchalla outside if some early stuff and the ultron event
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Was skull peak human then?

Yeah, u could argue that. But it ended in an ultra combo so its aiight lol.

And yeah, only few times outside priest that it felt like priest panther. But, i havent read a lot of avengers tchalla outside if some early stuff and the ultron event
    Skulls had a clone of Steve's body... so it shouldn't be an easy fight. It just shouldn't have been an even fight (or even one where Skull at one point was arguably winning). But again, that's just me being nitpicky. I understand from a story perspective how a villain is supposed to be threatening. And yeah.. it ended very cool.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Right now they are just calling for a change of the person. The changing of the whole government will likely be the result of the People being unable to remove T'Challa by force. You have to remember this is a monarchy... you effectively can't change the person without overthrowing the government. If you can't overthrow the government, chanign the system might be the only way to replace the person.

As far as Shuri being in charge yes... that's a valid point. For pretty much all the bad stuff Shuri was in charge, so you can certainly argue removing T'Challa from power doesn't change that. But I think the counter arguement is that even though Shuri was in charge, it seemed like T'Challa's decisions were what indirectly brought on a lot of the problems. It was likely T'CHalla who invited the Avengers to stay in Wakanda in AvX (though we don't know that for sure). It was T'Challa who invited the Illuminati to Wakanda at the start of Hickman's run and who imprisoned the Cabal in Wakanda. That brought about both invasions from Thanos. Shuri didn't know about any of that until it was too late. So while it's certainly fair to say Shuri should ultimately be accountable regardless since she's in charge, I can see why Wakandans would be unhappy with T'Challa.

For the record I'm not saying I agree with the Wakandans... just saying I understand their perspective.
    In issue 4 of coates run dora and jabri tribesman are calling for elections, writing new laws and such. That is a completely different style of government. Wakandans would know if they want a new Black Panther just challenge the current one, no need for all this revolt. Please explain there perspective compared to all the other stuff that has happened in the US (i.e. Civil War, World War Hulk, Red Zone, Kang destroying WHOLE cities, onsluaght, Namor flooding all of NYC in WW2,venom bomb,etc.). Also, Coates brings up Morlun coming to Wakanda, but that is a reason to even defend the monarch system, bc it was a Black Panther (Shuri) who stopped him. Coates acts as if Morlun just came to Wakanda, killed a bunch of people and left.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 02-05-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to CBR. I am actually a new fan of Black Panther. I used to collect comics and stopped for awhile. I just got back into them, due to my interest in T'Challa based on his portrayal in Captain America Civil War. I have read all of the Hudlin run, most of the Priest run (only stories I haven't read from Priest are the "Saddle Blazing", "Once and Future King", "Coming to America", and Kasper Cole's stories), the Kirby run, Stan Lee early stories, and Liss. I am not really into the current Coates run (the portrayal of T'Challa and Wakanda is terrible in Coates run) or Jungle Action. I started looking online for BP information and found these form. I have viewed it in the past but finally decided to join. I look forward to discussing BP with everyone here. Looks like a lot of BP knowledge is in this form.

welcome glad to see a new poster and BP fan. This is the place to be of your a fan and to get any knowledge on BP that you seek

In issue 4 of coates run dora and jabri tribesman are call for elections, writing new laws and such. That is a completely different style of government. Wakandans would know if they want a new Black Panther just challenge the current one, no need for all this revolt. Please explain there perspective compared to all the other stuff that has happened in the US (i.e. Civil War, World War Hulk, Red Zone, Kang destroying WHOLE cities, onsluaght, Namor flooding all of NYC in WW2,venom bomb,etc.). Also, Coates brings up Morlun coming to Wakanda, but that is a reason to even defend the monarch system, bc it was a Black Panther (Shuri) who stopped him. Coates acts as if Morlun just came to Wakanda, killed a bunch of people and left.
    At the bold: it is entirely possible that Wakanda changes to a new governing system, while keeping the BP mantle around (which I think is what will happen).

An end of the monarchy doesn't mean that the BP mantle or the rites affiliated with it will be dissolved or be deemed worthless. The BP tradition will most likely stick around.

In issue 4 of coates run dora and jabri tribesman are call for elections, writing new laws and such. That is a completely different style of government. Wakandans would know if they want a new Black Panther just challenge the current one, no need for all this revolt. Please explain there perspective compared to all the other stuff that has happened in the US (i.e. Civil War, World War Hulk, Red Zone, Kang destroying WHOLE cities, onsluaght, Namor flooding all of NYC in WW2,venom bomb,etc.). Also, Coates brings up Morlun coming to Wakanda, but that is a reason to even defend the monarch system, bc it was a Black Panther (Shuri) who stopped him. Coates acts as if Morlun just came to Wakanda, killed a bunch of people and left.
    If their only option of getting new leadership within the present system is to defeat T'Challa in straight one on one combat then yeah .... their only option is revolt. And that's ignoring the potential outcome of getting poisoned by the herb even if you do win.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    welcome glad to see a new poster and BP fan. This is the place to be of your a fan and to get any knowledge on BP that you seek
    Thank you.

I've been reading as much back issues of BP as I can find. I have heard a lot of negative stuff about Hickman's Run in New Avengers but I am actually intrigued by the frist 2 TPB. If Coates had stuck to Hickman's intended end in Secrete Wars, Hickman's New Avengers would be a pretty good showing of BP imo.

Incredible Member

I was under the assumption that Black Panther main was still still around 75,000 issues as the reason why they were launching a third book, but looking back at the December Sales that's actually not the case:

Black Panther: World of Wakanda (2)
    Black Panther (9) - 39,123

Working with the assumption that the two books are sharing many of their readers (and perhaps that WOW is attracting new or lapsed readers curious about the focus on the Dora Milaje), then this is a pretty bad (but somewhat typical) drop for Black Panther from the initial issue selling 253,259. Coates seems to be an office favorite but you don't get three books likely to sell under 50,000* for one franchise if they weren't looking at the long term.

I think they're doing all these books with an acceptance of declining sales with the hopes they can sell them on as "essential" TBPs when the movie comes out.

*First issue Panther sold 253,259 while first issue WOW sold 57,073 after 8 issues of Panther, so it's likely this third book will sell under 55,000 just based on Panther readership fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    At the bold: it is entirely possible that Wakanda changes to a new governing system, while keeping the BP mantle around (which I think is what will happen).

An end of the monarchy doesn't mean that the BP mantle or the rites affiliated with it will be dissolved or be deemed worthless. The BP tradition will most likely stick around.
    Of course it will still be around, but it's not going to mean the same thing it did before.. my biggest issue with this as well, is that when coming close to a movie debut, it's typical to bring the character back to status quo, yet for Tchalla the opposite had happened, he was returning to status quo and then Coates took an axe to that and by the end of S1, its damn near impossible to bring the monarch back before T'Chadwick comes in with another strong showing in the BP solo.. so people hyped up from the movie are gonna come looking for comics About Tchalla only to find he isn't a king but just a ceremonial guardian to Wakanda and Wakanda isn't the powerful advanced monarch, but a advanced republic.. that's garbage. And I feel that can turn Alot of potential fans off

Hello Everyone,

I am new to CBR. I am actually a new fan of Black Panther. I used to collect comics and stopped for awhile. I just got back into them, due to my interest in T'Challa based on his portrayal in Captain America Civil War. I have read all of the Hudlin run, most of the Priest run (only stories I haven't read from Priest are the "Saddle Blazing", "Once and Future King", "Coming to America", and Kasper Cole's stories), the Kirby run, Stan Lee early stories, and Liss. I am not really into the current Coates run (the portrayal of T'Challa and Wakanda is terrible in Coates run) or Jungle Action. I started looking online for BP information and found these form. I have viewed it in the past but finally decided to join. I look forward to discussing BP with everyone here. Looks like a lot of BP knowledge is in this form.
    Yeah, Coates run does not make sense to me a person who is a long time Marvel reader. Coates wants the readers to buy that since Wakanda got hit by morlun, doom, Thanos and Namur they need to change their whole government after 10k years of success. Man, in the context of Marvel U, you've got to be kidding me. Didn't Kang the conquer conquer the US?
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...rful+blast.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...2524-Conqu.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...8827-Conqu.jpg

How many times have the Skrulls infiltrate the us government? How much property destruction did morlun cause when he first fought spiderman? How about Osborn running shield/hammer? Or when Namor flooded New York in WW2? Or Civil War, World War Hulk, etc.? All theses and much more have happened to the US in Marvel and they did not over throw the government. Why does Wakanda after only 4 bad events? Coates says that since the monarch has failed to protect the people it needs to be replaced. What do you call all of this that has happened in the MU? What do you call what Kang did to multiple cities? Does that mean democracy needs to be replaced since "protecting the people" was not accomplished against Kang? Heck the avengers didn't even reset the events back, unlike T'Challa with one of the infinite stones.
    I like this guy. You're going to fit right in
    Be weary of the unfans and their gymnastic capabilities however

Thank you.

I've been reading as much back issues of BP as I can find. I have heard a lot of negative stuff about Hickman's Run in New Avengers but I am actually intrigued by the frist 2 TPB. If Coates had stuck to Hickman's intended end in Secrete Wars, Hickman's New Avengers would be a pretty good showing of BP imo.
    Hickman did do some good for Tchalla initially and really only some tweak's here and there could of made his overall portrayal very good. He got some nice feats but then Hickman started turning the event into a Reed vs Doom fest so that diminished it. Honestly Hickman should of just ended the event on a high note for Wakanda with no room for BS like what is happening. Taking away the monarch after 8 year's of not having it is just poor writing and shame of editorial for allowing it. It's a major aspect of BPs mythos and something he always used in his stories.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    I was under the assumption that Black Panther main was still still around 75,000 issues as the reason why they were launching a third book, but looking back at the December Sales that's actually not the case:

Working with the assumption that the two books are sharing many of their readers (and perhaps that WOW is attracting new or lapsed readers curious about the focus on the Dora Milaje), then this is a pretty bad (but somewhat typical) drop for Black Panther from the initial issue selling 253,259. Coates seems to be an office favorite but you don't get three books likely to sell under 50,000* for one franchise if they weren't looking at the long term.

I think they're doing all these books with an acceptance of declining sales with the hopes they can sell them on as "essential" TBPs when the movie comes out.

*First issue Panther sold 253,259 while first issue WOW sold 57,073 after 8 issues of Panther, so it's likely this third book will sell under 55,000 just based on Panther readership fatigue.
    Naw itll open far north of wow

Wow had a neophyte writer no one cared about coupledvwith being about a 2 characters no one but hardcore bp or MA fans care about at all. The might be the least known characters to get a book about them in a grip.

Crew has brand recognition, Coates, and is actually anchored by black panther, netflix cage and misty, and Storm. Its pulling from different population of fans.

Wow just pulled from tge same tnc run fans, but onlyba subset of them.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post

I was going to wait til mid-late next week when sales come out again to revisit this topic once more lol... but yea, we've been aware. Readership fatigue vs shear boredom vs fed up with continued subpar depictions of the titular character?

And cant forget about twitter follower fatigue...

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I was going to wait til mid-late next week when sales come out again to revisit this topic once more lol... but yea, we've been aware. Readership fatigue vs shear boredom vs fed up with continued subpar depictions of the titular character?

Lol speaking of twitter

He quit twitter, is writing another book, i think he is teaching atta college now

Wonder if hes gonna be able to do his various FB, YT, podcast promotional stuff for S2 and Crew? Let alone BP Atlantic articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

That's OK. Marvel will just over-ship issue #1 so it looks like a bonafide hit.