Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's what I've been thinking too. "Can't wait to see your improvements". If they were the WDGs, they would have copies or the design on file that she could update instead of needing his. They might be the only set and belong to him. Must theory though.
    If he made the CW suit, it certainly stands to reason he made other stuff. But regardless, the suit itself established pretty clearly that MCU T'Challa is a tech genius (even if he's perhaps a notch behind his sister in that one specific regard), and that's the important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's what I've been thinking too. "Can't wait to see your improvements". If they were the WDGs, they would have copies or the design on file that she could update instead of needing his. They might be the only set and belong to him. Must theory though.
    Exactly, the scenes doesn't make sense of she made them because she wouldn't of needed his
    She would of just given him been ones

What's in a name...

I finally figured it out why so many think the Black Panther's lead character is so de-powered!

It has to be the name T'challa... Something about that name the way it is pronounced doesn't get the juices flowing or the energy level up!

(Except when Nakia said it while he was in a coma all seductive like but I aint saying nothing)

So we bypassed Marvel going above their heads and spoke with the licensing department directly at Disney for a full name change!

Since Shaka Zulu was already taken and sounds too close to T'chaka we settled on T'mufasa...

Speak it with an ever so slightly silent T and lots of bass in your voice and watch the power and majesty rise naturally!

With that said let's redo that epic scene...

Erik Killmonger: "I'm standing in your house delivering justice to a man who..."

King T'mufasa: "Stop right there... Hey everybody this is N'jadaka son N'jobu coming up in here trying to catch a brotha off guard because he killed Klaw who worked with his daddy to commit treason against Wakanda stealing vibranium! This dude right here with all that bass in a voice from listening to one too many Public Enemy albums and Malcolm X mix tapes has a big reveal that I just exposed before he even got started!"

Killmonger begins taking off his shirt...

Erik Killmonger: "I lied... I killed..."

King T'mufasa: "Nice abs... I read your file you killed people in IRAQ... AFGHANISTAN... And some random black folks on this continent... I get it but all them people tried to invade Wakanda too and got sent home with their nuts in a bag we aint impressed what else you got?"

Suddenly Queen Nakia appears and sits right on King T'mufasa's lap and starts feeding him vibranium enriched grapes.

Queen Nakia: "See Wakanda and Die baby!"

King T'mufasa: "Now that's what I call outreach right there... Yeah, you're staying your king has spoken!"

Erik Killmonger: "Hey, don't ignore me I'm still standing here... I found panther claws in my daddy's chest!"

King T'mufasa: "Your daddy should have ducked or come correct which shows that if he had exercised his blood right for the throne he would have gotten pimp slapped day one... You want some of this get that waterfall running so I can handle my business real quick this is light work! After I toss this fool off the cliff set the waterfall to Hot Tub mode we in there!"

Queen Nakia: "You're sooooo bad T'cha... I mean T'mufasa!"

King T'mufasa all up on his game real airtight like slaps Queen Nakia on the butt ever so gently as she giggles and shakes her head agreeably.

Princess Shuri: "GEEZ, Get a room you two."

Erik Killmonger: "Look man... I... I just... I just wanna be held... Can't we all just get along?"

King T'mufasa: "Two steps ahead of your enemies, three steps ahead of your friends, four steps ahead of hating @$$ cousins... Now ask me what's my name!"

Just then Christopher Priest breaks the fourth wall, rushes into the room and falls too his knees at the feet of King T'mufasa and...

Priest: "I knew you still existed I knew it... All praise due to Bast!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
    Last edited by FLEX HECTIC; 03-24-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Fantastic Member

Double post

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Priest had a problem with the Russo's Black Panther and I agreed with him. I remember arguing on this very board that so far the movie Black Panther is not Priest's Panther. MCU Panther is a nOOb. Priest's Panther is way more confident and calculating. This was evident in CA: CW. BP shined in that movie for the most part because he had a small role. The Busan mission in BP was akin to his entire role in CA:CW. The rest of the movie explicitly addressed him finding his confidence and purpose as a leader. I'm actually fine with how he was presented because THAT IS HOW HE WAS SET UP. Many on the board argued against that but I don't think most of you all read the fine print from the beginning.

T'Challa is a nOOb. Plain and simple. I'm fine with what we got because I think that was really the purpose of the movie. I wish Killmonger was saved for later (I wanted to the waterfall scene, just not in the first movie) but now I better get a fully confident and calculating T'Challa in future movies. I am fine with it because IMO this allowed the building up of a stellar supporting cast and fully realized Wakanda. Compared to Thor, the story was more driven by him but his supporting cast and Asgard suffer for it. Seriously noone is checking for Asgard but they are checking. Not to say that it will happen but Wakanda is way ready for a side TV series than Asgard.

Going forward there has to be more of a balance between T'Challa and Wakanda (Supporting Cast). In this first movie, I would say its 35-40% for T'Challa and 60-65% for Wakanda (entire supporting cast) where in the first Thor, Thor= 70%, Midgard (Jane foster and friends) = 15% and Asgard= 15% (I'm just making this up on opinion but you get the picture). I'm cool with T'Challa being 50-60% based on the story line because I feel as though the Black Panther franchise will excel financially and narratively with T'Challa looking cooler and his supporting cast still getting significant shine.
    I didnt know Priest felt that way about CA:CW. Interesting.

Even though those are hypothetical percentages, thats more or less where I would scale it as well. Our introduction to MCU BP is through a film with a dominating assembled cast, which given the nature of that film, was to to be expected. I wasn’t expecting Tchalla’s first solo movie to be the same. Admittedly, I got lulled to sleep by Marvel’s copy/paste formula for films up until now and got with the Hesi-Crossover by Coogler. Ultimately, he (& Michael B Killmonger) did what they do best, make a damn good movie . Coogler constructs a number of different plot lines with a bevy of characters for world building; Theres Shuri and the WDG, Nakia and Tchalla’s romance, Okoye and Wakabi relationship, Tchalla and Wakabi, Mbaku an Tchalla, etc. It will be interesting to see how fans of said characters react if BP2 scales the percentages more towards Tchalla.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Attachment 63714

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Why isn't anyone crediting Nakia? T'Challa's plan was basically hers. She was the healthy median between the two viewpoints.
    Lupita’s electric super spy social activist was my favorite character. I didn’t really see her as a median between viewpoints, but actually as the other viewpoint. Tchalla was essentially the physical proxy of her ideology.
    As others have noted, I wouldn’t mind seeing Malaika return from limbo as Nakia’s MU/comic doppelgänger.
    Attachment 63715
    Last edited by Maverick; 03-24-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If he made the CW suit, it certainly stands to reason he made other stuff. But regardless, the suit itself established pretty clearly that MCU T'Challa is a tech genius (even if he's perhaps a notch behind his sister in that one specific regard), and that's the important thing.
    Tchaka’s suit looked almost identical to Tchalla’s, its not that much of a reach to credit him for its creation as well.

Whatever the case may be T'Challa needs to be treated better going forward and he needs to start acting like T'Challa. Better lines and action scenes are a must. Infinity war will be the litmus test.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

Even though those are hypothetical percentages, thats more or less where I would scale it as well. Our introduction to MCU BP is through a film with a dominating assembled cast, which given the nature of that film, was to to be expected. I wasn’t expecting Tchalla’s first solo movie to be the same. Admittedly, I got lulled to sleep by Marvel’s copy/paste formula for films up until now and got with the Hesi-Crossover by Coogler. Ultimately, he (& Michael B Killmonger) did what they do best, make a damn good movie . Coogler constructs a number of different plot lines with a bevy of characters for world building; Theres Shuri and the WDG, Nakia and Tchalla’s romance, Okoye and Wakabi relationship, Tchalla and Wakabi, Mbaku an Tchalla, etc. It will be interesting to see how fans of said characters react if BP2 scales the percentages more towards Tchalla.

Attachment 63714

Lupita’s electric super spy social activist was my favorite character. I didn’t really see her as a median between viewpoints, but actually as the other viewpoint. Tchalla was essentially the physical proxy of her ideology.
    As others have noted, I wouldn’t mind seeing Malaika return from limbo as Nakia’s MU/comic doppelgänger.
    Attachment 63715
    Yaaaassss. I need Queen Malaika in the comics.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

Attachment 63714

Attachment 63715
    Eh it was more of T'Challa was 65-70% and Wakanda and supporting cast was like 30-35%. It's just that other Marvel movies is like 80% hero, 15% supporting/any world building and 5% for the villain.

As for ideals. T'Challa did Nakias idea (social outreach) plus his own (scientific outreach with Shuri on charge) While paying respect to his uncle and cousin

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Whatever the case may be T'Challa needs to be treated better going forward and he needs to start acting like T'Challa. Better lines and action scenes are a must. Infinity war will be the litmus test.
    Treated better? He was treated with respect. It's just also that Coogler also treated his supporting cast with respect as well because this mythos has alot of dynamic Characters to play with. It's jarring seeing so much care going into the supporting cast but that's a Marvel problem not a BP problem. They caused it, just like weak villains. Lines and action.. I dunno what to tell you. I watched it again last night and the only action piece that was "weak" was the first and that was because it's dark and harder to follow. Car chase scene and the fight with border tribe is simply amazing (warrior falls fights still hosm the rank as best I. The movie and arguably best fight choreographed in the MCU.

And again like I said earlier I think Tchalla created the EMP beads just based on the conversation and how Shuri talks about it and Tchallas response. It comes off like it's hos design she is updating in which he asks what does she think she can teach him

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Hahahahahaha
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    What's in a name...

I finally figured it out why so many think the Black Panther's lead character is so de-powered!

It has to be the name T'challa... Something about that name the way it is pronounced doesn't get the juices flowing or the energy level up!

(Except when Nakia said it while he was in a coma all seductive like but I aint saying nothing)

So we bypassed Marvel going above their heads and spoke with the licensing department directly at Disney for a full name change!

Since Shaka Zulu was already taken and sounds too close to T'chaka we settled on T'mufasa...

Speak it with an ever so slightly silent T and lots of bass in your voice and watch the power and majesty rise naturally!

With that said let's redo that epic scene...

Erik Killmonger: "I'm standing in your house delivering justice to a man who..."

King T'mufasa: "Stop right there... Hey everybody this is N'jadaka son N'jobu coming up in here trying to catch a brotha off guard because he killed Klaw who worked with his daddy to commit treason against Wakanda stealing vibranium! This dude right here with all that bass in a voice from listening to one too many Public Enemy albums and Malcolm X mix tapes has a big reveal that I just exposed before he even got started!"

Killmonger begins taking off his shirt...

Erik Killmonger: "I lied... I killed..."

King T'mufasa: "Nice abs... I read your file you killed people in IRAQ... AFGHANISTAN... And some random black folks on this continent... I get it but all them people tried to invade Wakanda too and got sent home with their nuts in a bag we aint impressed what else you got?"

Suddenly Queen Nakia appears and sits right on King T'mufasa's lap and starts feeding him vibranium enriched grapes.

Queen Nakia: "See Wakanda and Die baby!"

King T'mufasa: "Now that's what I call outreach right there... Yeah, you're staying your king has spoken!"

Erik Killmonger: "Hey, don't ignore me I'm still standing here... I found panther claws in my daddy's chest!"

King T'mufasa: "Your daddy should have ducked or come correct which shows that if he had exercised his blood right for the throne he would have gotten pimp slapped day one... You want some of this get that waterfall running so I can handle my business real quick this is light work! After I toss this fool off the cliff set the waterfall to Hot Tub mode we in there!"

Queen Nakia: "You're sooooo bad T'cha... I mean T'mufasa!"

King T'mufasa all up on his game real airtight like slaps Queen Nakia on the butt ever so gently as she giggles and shakes her head agreeably.

Princess Shuri: "GEEZ, Get a room you two."

Erik Killmonger: "Look man... I... I just... I just wanna be held... Can't we all just get along?"

King T'mufasa: "Two steps ahead of your enemies, three steps ahead of your friends, four steps ahead of hating @$$ cousins... Now ask me what's my name!"

Just then Christopher Priest breaks the fourth wall, rushes into the room and falls too his knees at the feet of King T'mufasa and...

Priest: "I knew you still existed I knew it... All praise due to Bast!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Hahahahahaha
    I don't know why you're laughing. I still very much think T'Challa felt like a prop

T'mufasa is not a prop... Your own poll has spoken!

Voice cast and plot description for the Lego special:
    he LEGO special comes after the massive success of Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, which just passed The Avengers to become the highest-grossing comic book ever stateside, and will feature various characters from the blockbuster film. Returning to voice T’Challa is James Mathis III (Marvel’s Avengers Assemble), joining him are Keston John (Bosch) as Killmonger, Daisy Lightfoot (Horizon: Zero Dawn) as Shuri, Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) as Okoye, Trevor Devall (Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy) as Klaue, Mick Wingert (Kung Fu Panda) as Iron Man, Travis Willingham (Sonic Boom) as Thor, Roger Craig Smith (Marvel’s Avengers Assemble) as Captain America, Laura Bailey (Marvel’s Spider-Man) as Black Widow, Fred Tatasciore (Family Guy) as Hulk, Liam O’Brien (Critical Role) as Doctor Strange, and Issac C. Singleton Jr. (Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy) as Thanos.

The special is set to premiere on Disney XD this summer and will see the King of Wakanda endure some hardships on the throne. According to the synopsis, following Thanos’ arrival from outer space and his threat to destroy Earth, the Black Panther is forced to leap into action and try to bring him own alongside Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. However, it isn’t just Thanos they’re forced to take on; rogue villains Killmonger and Klaue will team up with the Mad Titan to bring the fight to Wakanda, and Black Panther and the Avengers will need to defeat them before Wakanda is destroyed.
    I'm guessing most of these VA's (specifically Killmonger, Okoye, and Klaue's new VA) will carry over into Black Panther's Quest since Lightfoot is confirmed to be playing Shuri there as well.