Page 134 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 34841241301311321331341351361371381441842346341134 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 77781
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I mean do they have their own names? Because Dora Milaje is like a a general term for them.
    Oh, they've only given a few of them names in the past. And when the story required it. Like Aneka, QDJ (Queen Divine Justice), Nareema, and Malice. But there are hundreds of them, so they've remained pretty unnamed.
    Last edited by Ajala; 07-21-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Finally, talk turned to why exactly Marvel have yet to head to Africa for Black Panther or have put the spotlight on a female superhero, but Feige remains open to the idea of introducing both of these in the near future. "I think we could, it’s a matter of when. It’s a matter of what are those dates, it’s a matter of juggling multiple, successful franchises. Is there a downside to managing multiple, successful franchises? I believe we’re figuring out that there is, which is having the time to do them all. So, at what point do we hold back a franchise or have three or four years between parts of a franchise in order to introduce new ones? Or do you introduce new ones within the body of the films? We’re looking at all those things right now." This is a lot of information to digest, but what do you guys think of Kevin Feige's comments?

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...EIziovwpXYX.99

Kevin Fergie seemed alot less dodgy about the Black Panther movie happening or not. This is positive news

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    his art is ok he pushed it a little to the abstract for she hulk... he writes prince of cats
    I just want a writer and artist that would get people to try a BP book his art my turn people away from the book
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ajala View Post
    Oh, they've only given a few of them names in the past. And when the story required it. Like Aneka, QDJ (Queen Divine Justice), Nareema, and Malice. But there are hundreds of them, so they've remained pretty unnamed.
    There used to be only a couple of dozen, to represent the Wakandan tribes... and then I think it was around Hudlin or Doomwar that people started getting thrown in and a sub-elite unit called the Midnight Angels was made up on the spot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    There used to be only a couple of dozen, to represent the Wakandan tribes... and then I think it was around Hudlin or Doomwar that people started getting thrown in and a sub-elite unit called the Midnight Angels was made up on the spot.
    Yea, it was Doomwar when they suddenly became an army.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Silver Surfer is owned by fox
    Really? I was under the impression that the rights had reverted back? Oh well...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Obscure properties have LESS baggage and red tape.

Lets say you wanted to do Eli Bradley, Rocket Racer or Vibraxas-you can do them and not mention Captain America, Spider-Man or Black Panther. Nor have battles over what to do in their films. You can cast whoever you want and not have a battle.

Now try that with say Wonder Woman and you see the results.

Animated wise they have too many weapons-they could do Masterpiece Theater and showcase one character an episode.

Could you make a case for Martha Washington or was that a mini series? If we are talking all comics?

Marvel
    Monica (Proton) is the first one to get a one shot
    Shuri is really the first
    Storm is the second but first Non legacy one and would be the first black female to have a mini
    Misty Knight would be the second one

True. If I was a movie exec wanting to do a licensed superhero movie, I'd definitely look at 2nd tier or B-characters. More freedom creatively. Less judgement from over zealous fans. General public willing to go in with an open mind...

Martha Washington was a series of mini's and a one shot. I've criticized Frank Miller before, but I think he sometimes gets a bum rap over his depictions of women. People become fixated on the sex workers in Sin City, they forget he's created female heroes like Martha and Casey (Ronin) who are WoC and other interesting female characters.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Finally, talk turned to why exactly Marvel have yet to head to Africa for Black Panther or have put the spotlight on a female superhero, but Feige remains open to the idea of introducing both of these in the near future. "I think we could, it’s a matter of when. It’s a matter of what are those dates, it’s a matter of juggling multiple, successful franchises. Is there a downside to managing multiple, successful franchises? I believe we’re figuring out that there is, which is having the time to do them all. So, at what point do we hold back a franchise or have three or four years between parts of a franchise in order to introduce new ones? Or do you introduce new ones within the body of the films? We’re looking at all those things right now." This is a lot of information to digest, but what do you guys think of Kevin Feige's comments?

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...EIziovwpXYX.99

Kevin Fergie seemed alot less dodgy about the Black Panther movie happening or not. This is positive news

I'm not hatin' on the guy, but he's simply gotten better at public speaking. This is the statement he should've given a couple of years ago which is, "There are no immediate plans...But who knows what might happen tomorrow."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Martha Washington was a series of mini's and a one shot. I've criticized Frank Miller before, but I think he sometimes gets a bum rap over his depictions of women. People become fixated on the sex workers in Sin City, they forget he's created female heroes like Martha and Casey (Ronin) who are WoC and other interesting female characters.
    Holy Terror.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    Holy Terror.
    I haven't read it, but I've read about it. The impression I got was that it goes beyond anti-terrorism into Islamophobia territory. I wasn't trying to give him a pass for that or the other unfortunate stuff he's said though...More commenting on the "Frank Miler is obsessed with whores!" thing you used to see lot. Once upon a time Miller was capable of doing non-cliched female characters.

Press conference 101...

Kevin Feige: "FRAK IT... We threw in the towel and we now hand the Black Panther franchise over to the newly appointed Point Man!"

Point Man: "Thanks Kevin, the Black Panther will be commandeering one of those movie slots ASAP!"

Intrigued Reporter: "Uhm Mister Point Man... Tell us your plans for the Black Panther!"

Point Man: "First thing we are going to do is stop this musical chairs 'Architect' thang that peep think will work and go all in and then we will initiate a separate Manhattan Project office for all things Black Panther thus eliminating his involvement in events that keep chumping him out repeatedly!"

Reporter Seated Next to Intrigued Reporter: "WTF does that mean?"

Point Man: "Insanity is when you keep doing the exact same thing while expecting a different result!"

Cute Female Reporter With Mad Dimples: "Hey!"

Point Man: "Hey there yourself!"

Cute Female Reporter With Mad Dimples: "Mister Point Man..."

Point Man: "You can call me Point!"

Cute Female Reporter With Mad Dimples: "Will there be a love interest for Black Panther?"

Point Man: "HECK YEAH... In addition to fleshing his own rogues gallery with female foils we will have some suitable prospects locked into the Black Panther intellectual property and unavailable for usage outside of his world so that Wolverine and them won't be TROLLING his bedroom with they hairy butts!"

Fanbratti Reporter: "You're totally racist man... TOTALLY!"

Point Man: "Sit down and stop hating... Next question!"

Mickey Mouse: "Yeah, when will I see a return on my investment?"

Point Man: "Mickey chill that noise you're the one who sat back all this time and let peeps run roughshod over your ownership rights!"

Mickey Mouse: "Whatevs just make me dat money!"

Little Girl With A Random Disney Princess T-shirt On and A Sad Face Frown: "Mister Point Man in your fan fiction you killed Shuri... Will you kill her off in the solo comic?"

Point Man: "Naw... The former queen of Wakanda 'Princess' Shuri will be retconned going to Dora school to help flesh out her BFF's Nakia and Okoye and they will be made a bit younger as we go after that little girl market in Wakanda Manga style!"

Little Girl With A Random Disney Princess T-shirt On and A Gleeful Happy Face: "DUH... I want some toys!"

Point Man: "Here have a cute stuffed Black Panther bear and some Wakanda chocolates the toys are being 3D printed up as we speak so grab your soccer mom's pocket book and let's do this!"

Kevin Feige: "That will be all for now so if you could all form a single file line..."

Point Man: "Excuse you... I aint done here! When I said Point Man I meant Point Man! I'm going all in until the job is finished this aint Spiderman where you can phone it in with a household name that sells no matter what! Are there any more questions before I start my power POINT presentation for the sales and marketing plan?"

Kevin Feige: "Uhm we don't own the rights to Spiderman..."

Point Man: "DUDE... Can I finish?"

Kevin Feige: "My bad... Carry on!"

Some nice T'Challa fan art:

The first one is my favorite but the second and third are both done very well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Danai Gurira as Shuri:

Thoughts?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Danai Gurira as Shuri:

Thoughts?
    Whoa! Good eye!