1. #73336
    Spectacular Member Pulp Fiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Marvel studios are usually good with their approach and dedication to deliver great portrayals of their characters. I didn't get any of that with T'Challa. It's like they gave Coogler a lot of rope and he didn't understand the character and didn't want to, instead using him as a vehicle to tell a killmonger movie because that's what he personally relates to (what does it mean to be African as an African American) and its painfully blatant, even calling killmonger a "poor batman" all of this results in an easily redundant T'Challa.

    In fact, they can do whatever they like. I wash my hands off mcu T'Challa.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 05-17-2018 at 12:36 AM.

  2. #73337
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,838

    Default

    The KING is here

    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  3. #73338
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    Shuri did had good leadership role that led to a prosperous Wakanda.


    Or not lol.

  4. #73339
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Doomwar was terrible for her. She let Doom walk away with a don't do that again speech. Hickman Shuri would of picked his head. But note she had no problem snapping the rebel leaders neck.
    doomwar was terrible for everyone involved.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #73340
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,838

    Default

    guys I thought we all agreed at the last conference that Doomwar didn't happen.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  6. #73341
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    guys I thought we all agreed at the last conference that Doomwar didn't happen.
    lololol. sounds good to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #73342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Shuri did had good leadership role that led to a prosperous Wakanda.


    Or not lol.
    So we’re blaming Shuri for Thanos attacking Wakanda three times, despite her not being told why he’s attacking Wakanda?

    Or blaming her for Namor grossly overreacting about Transonic being in Wakanda (turns out he wanted to flood Wakanda anyway)?

    Or blaming her for Doom plotting to depose the Wakandan royal family during T’Challa’s reign?

    T’Challa may be the better ruler, but Shuri did what she could with the intel given to her. Especially during the Hickman run.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-17-2018 at 03:01 AM.

  8. #73343
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    So we’re blaming Shuri for Thanos attacking Wakanda three times, despite her not being told why he’s attacking Wakanda?

    Or blaming her for Namor grossly overreacting about Transonic being in Wakanda (turns out he wanted to flood Wakanda anyway)?

    Or blaming her for Doom plotting to depose the Wakandan royal family during T’Challa’s reign?

    T’Challa may be the better ruler, but Shuri did what she could with the intel given to her. Especially during the Hickman run.
    But some people are implicating that she should be the next BP when she hasn't earned the right to so I'm just pointing out some things from the comics. Nothing wrong with that

    Besides I was in the mixed with the Shuri after hudlin's run and wasn't a big fan who I found annoying sometimes especially when she and her Wakanda soldiers tried to kill Daredevil and his mom along with others.

    If there is one thing I will give Coates the credit is, that is by going with the Griot route which I am cool with.

  9. #73344
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N'Jadaka View Post
    They're contradicting themselves again. Notice they have opposite expectations of character when it comes to MCU T'challa.

    MCU T'challa being a reactionary generic blob is okay, but MU T'challa must always be alpha and gary stue to the core. MU T'challa must never cry, but MCU T'challa is on the verge of tears like 3 times in the enire movie and that's okay.
    You couldn't be more wrong. First off never said Tchalla must never cry or some ridiculous mess your trying to spin, I said that scene was stupid and weak. Tchalla has shown emotion plenty of times and it was done in a much better way then Hickman could do, Hickman made him look like a child being scolded. Whereas say Priest, was showing the weight of a King nand everything happening in his series showcased his hard decisions. No one ever said anything also about T'Challa being a Gary Stu, this is seriously the term unfans always use to try and made their case about something Tchalla can or can't do. "Oh you just want I'm to be a Gary Stu" like completely ridiculous.

    And mcu Tchalla for one is a different origin. I would fully expect to see mu T'Challa cry too if he saw his father in the anscestrial realm a week after he was killed too. But the difference again is that T'chadwicks scenes were actually powerful and Hickmans was not.

    I'm not going to bother with the other part of your quote because it's just not true and it's a waste of time getting into it again

  10. #73345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    But some people are implicating that she should be the next BP when she hasn't earned the right to so I'm just pointing out some things from the comics. Nothing wrong with that.

    Besides I was in the mixed with the Shuri after hudlin's run and wasn't a big fan who I found annoying sometimes especially when she and her Wakanda soldiers tried to kill Daredevil and his mom along with others.

    If there is one thing I will give Coates the credit is, that is by going with the Griot route which I am cool with.
    You were essentially pointing out things that she basically had no control over in the comics. How, for example, was she supposed to know Thanos was going to attack one time, let alone three times? She didn’t even know the Infinity gems were in Wakanda at that time.

    As for people implicating things or speculating...with much respect Dboi, that’s part of the game at this point. The BP franchise is now mainstream. People will speculate whether we like it or not.

    On top of that, there’s the current reality: at the moment, T’Challa is gone and Wakanda needs a leader for the time being. MCU fans remembered Shuri is the princess and wiki’d her. What happens? They find out she was a BP/ruler in the comics and now openly suggest it.

    That doesn’t mean it will happen nor does it mean it will be permanent. At best she or someone else will be the temp leader until T’Challa comes back in Avengers 4. And rest assured, he WILL come back in Avengers 4 and WILL be in charge in BP 2. T’Challa is too much of a money maker for that not to happen.

    I too prefer Shuri to go through an MCU-appropriate version of the Griot path, but who knows? Might happen, might not.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-17-2018 at 04:03 AM.

  11. #73346
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N'Jadaka View Post
    Hold on, you're crying about a variant cover?
    People are upset with the actual solicits and the preview Panel actually. Showing T'Challa is Indeed a slave on this new planet. This has been discussed here multiple times, but assuming is fine too

  12. #73347
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hold on what did I miss. where is tchalla crying and for what?
    Back in New Avengers during the Incursions. Everyone was pretty much an emotional wreck at that point in the story and T'Challa threw a tantrum when Namor blew up a planet knowing there were probably innocent people there.

  13. #73348
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N'Jadaka View Post
    Hold on, you're crying about a variant cover?
    More like laughing. There are those who were looking forward to this reboot as a continuation of the end of Secret War(mostly FB groups). This cover just confirms the solicits and the eventual bait and switch.

  14. #73349
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Marvel studios are usually good with their approach and dedication to deliver great portrayals of their characters. I didn't get any of that with T'Challa. It's like they gave Coogler a lot of rope and he didn't understand the character and didn't want to, instead using him as a vehicle to tell a killmonger movie because that's what he personally relates to (what does it mean to be African as an African American) and its painfully blatant, even calling killmonger a "poor batman" all of this results in an easily redundant T'Challa.

    In fact, they can do whatever they like. I wash my hands off mcu T'Challa.
    Yeah because of Erik became a Hero instead hos origin is kinda similar to Batman's. Coogler related Tchalla to James Bond.. if James Bond was a King and a ninja.. he also related him to a Shakespeare play and the godfather as well. And Coogler does get T'Challa, some Folks take a tiny snippet of a interview and take that snippet out of context to spin the idea that he doesn't which is inaccurate.

    People gotta realize there are Things that transfer easy to live action and things that don't, on top of that, this is Tchallas first Solo movie yet y'all expect him to be operating at a 3rd trilogy level experience and say "Cap, Tony and Thor all get this great treatment while forgetting that they are at post solo movie's, and their first solo movie's they were at a different place from now.

    But whatever, Tchalla, the brand new King of Wakanda who lost his father a week ago and was King for two whole days and still trying to figure out what type of king he was going to be as well as establish hos trusted group, should of had plans upon plans on how to stop Erik, a guy he didn't know existed until day 2 of his rule and the following day the dude shows up in Wakanda hours after Tchalla learns an ugly truth about his father who he worshipped and how he handled his uncle and cousin.. who dmhe did not know even existed.. makes logical sense

  15. #73350
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hold on what did I miss. where is tchalla crying and for what?
    He cried back in Hickman's New Avengers 21. An incursion was about to destroy 2 universes, but T'Challa could not bring himself to murder billions of innocent people in order to save everyone.

    New Avengers (2013-) 021-020.jpg

    I personally thought his reaction was understandable, given the circumstances.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •