Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

Why does T'Challa have 2 love interests in 50 years?

I... I feel Hudlin may have talked about this concept before... or maybe it was McDuffie.
    Its a problem, but you will only get excuses. Its pure b.s.

He should be able to date and have interest just like Stark, Wolverine, etc.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Black Panther vs. Black Manta YouTube analysis:

I agree that BP's energy projection is rather weak. Even though he has the energy daggers that can cut through anything, they don't have the range to cover long distances in general

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Its a problem, but you will only get excuses. Its pure b.s.

He should be able to date and have interest just like Stark, Wolverine, etc.

There's some quote or saying about discussing ____ when you can't even get people to admit _____ exists. lol. You gotta humor every other excuse and hyperbole known to man first. Just don't, in your courteousness, humor the deflections for too long... otherwise: "OMG you spend too much time on this topic! Why can't we talk about something else!??"

But thank you for your simple, honest, straight-to-the-point and very agreeable (imo) answer. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I agree that BP's energy projection is rather weak. Even though he has the energy daggers that can cut through anything, they don't have the range to cover long distances in general
    I agree with his overall assessment. It's still a thing that people who do these videos don't know much about Panther and though they don't mean anything by it. They keep saying he is Marvel's Batman when Batman became prep king after Panther already had that role himself.

Also the guy kept referring back to the KoTD power in terms of strength, fighting prowess and intellence. When really we saw a slight strength increase but overall it's been almost T'Challa still. It's like they use that KotD as a reason for T'Challas power set when realistically, it hasn't done anything at all

KotD didnt change his baseline stats at all.

Dude be throwin haymakers at namor since priest lol

Aint nothin but a cool name.

Ancestor thing could be cool if he didnt get treated like am red headed step child
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Black Panther owns everyone. #Facts

BP vs Batman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nosi4seTquE&t=849s

BP vs Deathstroke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqx_-wwHrs4

BP vs Batman by a lowkey Batman fanboy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nosi4seTquE

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Does anyone know the issue where T'Challa became KotD? I kinda want to see if I can read it. I just really dislike how the potential for it as been dropped.

Also, I've been thinking of reading Secret Wars. Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Does anyone know the issue where T'Challa became KotD? I kinda want to see if I can read it. I just really dislike how the potential for it as been dropped.

Fantastic Four #608(2012). Future Foundation #19 is a minor tie-in, but has no bearing on what your looking for. Just takes place in Wakanda.

Read the SW trade. It was a fun storyline.
    You'll need Hickman's New Avengers and "Time Runs Out" as a setup. Don't really need Infinity as long as you have the New Avengers part.
    Last edited by Cville; 12-11-2016 at 06:55 PM.

#608 is the issue it happens but #607 is partof the same story and sets up why tchalla goes in front of bast and why the f4 and ff are there in the first place

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

Let's see...

At least we're not Carol Danvers? :P

I wish they did something good with Carol. Because it's like... they failed to make her the greatest hero in her previous failed runs, then they just... started calling her that. Like, her fans and her respect don't feel real. It's not like a kid praising Spider-Man, it's Carol. Smh.

And while Carol does have a little more positivity in her book, T'Challa's status in guest books seems earned. He's actually done all of the crazy things to warrant the hype. That will also make it easier for movies and video games to translate.

...How long is Coates on this for?

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    Let's see...

I wish they did something good with Carol. Because it's like... they failed to make her the greatest hero in her previous failed runs, then they just... started calling her that. Like, her fans and her respect don't feel real. It's not like a kid praising Spider-Man, it's Carol. Smh.

And while Carol does have a little more positivity in her book, T'Challa's status in guest books seems earned. He's actually done all of the crazy things to warrant the hype. That will also make it easier for movies and video games to translate.

For as long as his run sells. He's already signed on for season 2, and already turned in the script for issue 13.

If he has it his way, he'll be writing the book for five seasons, thus a total of five years.

Let's see...

He wants to be on the book for about 60 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    He wants to be on the book for about 60 issues.
    Yea, this was his original plan. Only thing that would've stopped it would've been cancellation. But assuming BP can stay above 20k a month (lol) or whatever Carol is pulling... I reckon we have about 51 more issues to go...

BANNED

It is glaring but how did we even get on the LI issue.

Carol is afloat thanks to editorial fiat. I mean sheesh isn't she getting outsold by her legacy character?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I want to say yes.

I want to say Hickman's whole run from Avenger to SW was good.

But then... I start involuntarily twitching and convulsing and want to start talking about Namor again lol.

But... if you JUST read it for the story (the whole story)... then yes, it is a very good story if you can accept some of Hickman's.... Hickman like stuff he loves to do. IE... bad characterizations to create the drama he wants, stuff happenning off panel that really really really should be on panel, hand waving things that he built up for 4 years in a panel, love of Doom and Val and Reed, deux ex machina type characters he created. But over all, despite the flaws, I've read it more than once, which is more than I can say about a lot of story lines.

Let's see...

I feel Carol is just too generic to stand out but this isn't a Carol thread so... i'll pretty much stop there.

IF the MCU does something interesting with her, it will be adapted real quick into the MU (unlike T'challa who can't even get is damn costume to transfer over)

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    It is glaring but how did we even get on the LI issue.

Carol is afloat thanks to editorial fiat. I mean sheesh isn't she getting outsold by her legacy character?
    LI got started because of the Legend of T'nique!! or at least morphed into that quickly once it started. I think someone mentioned something about a queen and a heir, then morphed into "you can't make babies at Marvel because they won't ever age and will just be a plot device, killed, or there future selves with show up here and there" which quickly morphed into fanficting how we can get a Damien Wayne aged kid int eh mythos, into Monica Lynne discussion on how Beyonce she should be, then legend of T'NIQUE!!! and multiple fan theories from baby mamma drama to inhumans to his power set

and then someone said all we talk about is love interests which dragged it into justification land and then a "wish fullfillment" post so more justification land and the extent of Love interests in the much more important MCU then Victor just came in and dropped real **** in a sentence and rumble expanded the the various fill in the blank justifications for things that never need justified in any of appreciation thrad on CBR

that about covers it I think