Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'd actually agree with this
    True, through I'd like to think W'kabi learned something, but I guess we'll find out in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think the most cathartic thing about this movies success (along with Wonder Woman) is that it’s just the biggest middle finger to Ike Perlmutter on what sells and what doesn’t. You gotta wonder how he’s reacting to all this.
    Chucking it up as if he was the genius behind it all along. For though Ike is on that Loki tip fakin' at being the hero knowing full well he settin up to snitch on you to Thanos.

The story thus far...

With the fall of Shield via secret Hydra operatives Nick Fury has fallen on hard times and finds himself out of a job (gainful employment) so he takes to the mean streets of Queens, NY and keeps it gangsta, gutter and gully!

Meanwhile King T'challa poses undercover at McDonalds... OOPS I mean 'McDowell's' to investigate the use of stolen vibranium in the secret sauce of "The Big Mick" hamburgers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if T'Challa is killed off in Infinity war and the sequel titled world of Wakanda. With his lack of character development, It would be nothing lost.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    So, I'm bored. So I'm going to talk awards.

Oscars
    Best Picture - I don't expect this, but it may get nominated depending on the field as the Academy looks to have a "See, we're not out of touch, nomination." It's possible that they may really dig it, but I just don't see them doing it, deserving though it may be.
    Best Director - Ryan Coogler - I just can't see the Academy doing this, especially since they can throw him a bone with the Best Adapted Screenplay.
    Best Supporting Actor - Michael B. Jordan - This really depends on how strong the field is. This is usually a very competitive category, and I don't think Heath Ledger would have gotten nominated, let alone won, had he not passed.
    Best Supporting Actress - Dania Gurira - Extremely unlikely, for reasons above.
    Best Adapted Screenplay - Ryan Coogler and Joe Robert Cole - With Logan getting nominated this year, I think this is a possibility depending on what else is released, and especially if the Academy wants to award Coogler. 2017 was a pretty weak year in this category, so we'll have to see how 2018 develops.
    Best Original Score - Ludwig Goransson - I think this is unlikely, but there's a slim chance.
    Best Original Song - "All the Stars" by Kendrick Lamar and SZA - Unless there's a really good musical that crowds the category, I think this has a good shot at getting nominated, if only to help boost ratings.
    Sound Editing/Mixing - I can never figure out what gets nominated here. It's got as good a chance as any blockbuster.
    Best Production Design - Hannah Beachler - I really hope this doesn't get snubbed. It might not win, but I think it should definitely get nominated.
    Best Cinematography - Rachel Morrison - I think this has a long shot at getting nominated, but I think whether or not Rachel wins this year for Mudbound will also affect its chances.
    Best Makeup and Hairstyling - There's an outside chance at this, but the category is so narrow that Shape of Water missed out this year in spite of being nominated for a bunch of other things.
    Best Costume Design - Ruth Carter - If it doesn't win here, I'll be shocked. I really can't see another film winning this unless something comes out of the blue and surprises.
    Best Visual Effects - Unlikely. If Marvel's going to get a nomination in this category, I figure it'll be Infinity War.

BP's not going to win anything. I'll believe it only after I've sen it and someone convinces me I'm not sleeping. The Academy might nominate it for Best Picture......might but it'll be a cold day in hell before it wins Best Picture.

BP might get nominated for visuals and sound. Still not expecting a win tho
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

BP's not going to win anything. I'll believe it only after I've sen it and someone convinces me I'm not sleeping. The Academy might nominate it for Best Picture......might but it'll be a cold day in hell before it wins Best Picture.

BP might get nominated for visuals and sound. Still not expecting a win tho
    I’m sure it’ll win best costume design. As for other predictions we’ll have to wait and see. Then again you never know, since Wonder Woman got no nominations whatsoever.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm not expecting BP to get nominated for anything and that is fine with me.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Lightbulb

Sooo anybody else want to give their ideas for a new thread name?
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I'm not expecting BP to get nominated for anything and that is fine with me.
    I think it would have to contend in 2019 at this point right?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Sooo anybody else want to give their ideas for a new thread name?
    I think at least 5 people have brought it up and I think we've all said "Wakanda Forever"

*cough* I was the first *cough* *cough* 20+ pages back *cough*
    The J-man

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think it would have to contend in 2019 at this point right?

I think at least 5 people have brought it up and I think we've all said "Wakanda Forever"

*cough* I was the first *cough* *cough* 20+ pages back *cough*
    I know I mean I wanted more than five before I contacted GH again yknow?

I was going to contact him and tell him that title. It's the only one lol
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

All-New Member

Without T'Challa, there is no movie, unless they want to center Shuri, and even then, she needs someone to bounce off of. Most chatter I've seen have called Chadwick Boseman's performance underrated and great, even if he doesn't get a lot of the "shinier" moments other characters do.
    I definitely think underrated is the best way to sum it up. I've seen the movie twice now. Admittedly, upon my first viewing I thought that Killmonger and the rest of the supporting cast overshadowed T'challa. But upon my second viewing I realized just how layer his performance was. He had a wide a lot of great scenes, many of which required a lot emotional range. For ex, I though the scene where he confronts his father/ancestors and tells them they were wrong was pretty powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    I’m pretty sure T’Challa is the only character in the movie who has character development by definition. Everyone else is the same character at the end as they were at the start.
    Exactly. He has growth throughout the course of the movie. His progression is further cemented with his decision to fully reveal the true capabilities of Wakanda to the rest of the world.

If they actually come through with a Wakanda expansion, I'll make a visit. I've never been to Disney.

If they actually come through with a Wakanda expansion, I'll make a visit. I've never been to Disney.
    you aren't missing too much. It's really for the kids once you're older than 9 it kind of loses its charm. Granted there are a lot of adults who still love Disney, but you get what I mean
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Best Original Song - "All the Stars" by Kendrick Lamar and SZA - Unless there's a really good musical that crowds the category, I think this has a good shot at getting nominated, if only to help boost ratings.
    Best Makeup and Hairstyling - There's an outside chance at this, but the category is so narrow that Shape of Water missed out this year in spite of being nominated for a bunch of other things.
    Best Costume Design - Ruth Carter - If it doesn't win here, I'll be shocked. I really can't see another film winning this unless something comes out of the blue and surprises.
    I agree with these. I'm a little less confident on Kendrick Lamar. I certainly think it's viable, but it's also very early so it's tough to tell. I also think makeup and hair styling is very much a viable category for this movie. It's only February, but it's certainly the frontrunner for costume design.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

I bolted n pre ordered the blu Ray, I even bought a blu Ray just for it