Page 422 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 3223724124184194204214224234244254264324725229221422 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 77781
    BANNED

Any excuse to post Oeming, Martinburough, Franco Panther Shuri art is alright with me!

YES!!!

That's the Black Panther fans that I know... What happened to you guys over the holiday this thread was often dead and quiet on page four sometimes longing for your energetic posts!

This is what I do people stir the pot until the pot starts to stir right back at me!

Now for some of you new peeps let me explain something first...

If you notice I don't copy posts and respond to them directly because sometimes it can lead to direct confrontations and it also throws the Mods off my tail to keep me from getting banned by not directly attacking anyone and it helps keep the peace particularly in this thread!

I will try to respond to each point and be as clear as possible but always keep in mind I got nothing but love for all my Wakandans regardless of different opinions okay!

Now ride with me for a good minute...

Hunter being a half brother is easy to work with because the dynamic sets up the conflict automatically at least the way Priest depicted it... Think of it like the black sheep of the family only it's the white dude playing that part in a black African family which makes Priest a genius in that aspect for doing so!

Unlike Shuri Hunter is not a blood relative and comes with baggage that makes him sort of a villain by the definition of his job... Shuri could be that way but that would make her mother and her brother failures at parenting her after the death of T'chaka!

Hunter has a name like Killmonger where the name defines what he was assigned to do at all costs... Think about it a white male is killing ruthlessly on behalf of an African nation which ups the ante on what Wakanda is capable of!

Hunter can kill a white person on behalf of Wakanda and keep it from becoming a race war which is a smart move if you played up that angle! properly

David Liss has all my respect with what he had to work with but that is the real problem... A very good writer was stuck with a lame premise but later Liss let slip in an interview that some of what happened was his idea OOPS!

At the end of the day he got cancelled out of business making him yet another casualty of the Black Panther Writers Association... Which brings me to my point of why so many Black Panther writers end on bad notes either in sales or unfulfilled promises!

Jason Aaron had a successful short story arc during the Skull invasion and then blew it up with the "Annulment of The Century" as if trying to correct something els wrong with Black Panther via marriage!

Whether all, some or none of theses things are mandated by Marvel editorial the best things that ever happened to Black Panther was Priest, Hudlin and Chadwick Boseman's casting... Anything else is a distant second if it does not make money or make the character better!

As it stands now Hickman who many here had faith in basically eliminated Wakanda from the equation... Sounds like a massive reboot leaving T'challa the last man standing for a reason!

Which writer is next to catch the heat in the Chadwick Boseman era?

I get the hate for Shuri since I'm not a very big fan of anything Hudlin or Maeberry wrote, but I find the insistence that she needs to be done away with to be a little silly. There are plenty of characters who have had bad tenures under multiple writers but finally found their footing under the right ones.

I sense that like certain other characters there is some lingering bitterness from people who thought she "stole" the identity from T'Challa and while I get that on some level, it's over and done with. T'Challa is the BP getting focused on right now so it's not like her reign did anything to seriously derail T'Challa as a character.
    Last edited by Holt; 01-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    YES!!!

That's the Black Panther fans that I know... What happened to you guys over the holiday this thread was often dead and quiet on page four sometimes longing for your energetic posts!

This is what I do people stir the pot until the pot starts to stir right back at me!

Now for some of you new peeps let me explain something first...

If you notice I don't copy posts and respond to them directly because sometimes it can lead to direct confrontations and it also throws the Mods off my tail to keep me from getting banned by not directly attacking anyone and it helps keep the peace particularly in this thread!

I will try to respond to each point and be as clear as possible but always keep in mind I got nothing but love for all my Wakandans regardless of different opinions okay!

Now ride with me for a good minute...

Hunter being a half brother is easy to work with because the dynamic sets up the conflict automatically at least the way Priest depicted it... Think of it like the black sheep of the family only it's the white dude playing that part in a black African family which makes Priest a genius in that aspect for doing so!

Unlike Shuri Hunter is not a blood relative and comes with baggage that makes him sort of a villain by the definition of his job... Shuri could be that way but that would make her mother and her brother failures at parenting her after the death of T'chaka!

Hunter has a name like Killmonger where the name defines what he was assigned to do at all costs... Think about it a white male is killing ruthlessly on behalf of an African nation which ups the ante on what Wakanda is capable of!

Hunter can kill a white person on behalf of Wakanda and keep it from becoming a race war which is a smart move if you played up that angle! properly

David Liss has all my respect with what he had to work with but that is the real problem... A very good writer was stuck with a lame premise but later Liss let slip in an interview that some of what happened was his idea OOPS!

At the end of the day he got cancelled out of business making him yet another casualty of the Black Panther Writers Association... Which brings me to my point of why so many Black Panther writers end on bad notes either in sales or unfulfilled promises!

Jason Aaron had a successful short story arc during the Skull invasion and then blew it up with the "Annulment of The Century" as if trying to correct something els wrong with Black Panther via marriage!

Whether all, some or none of theses things are mandated by Marvel editorial the best things that ever happened to Black Panther was Priest, Hudlin and Chadwick Boseman's casting... Anything else is a distant second if it does not make money or make the character better!

As it stands now Hickman who many here had faith in basically eliminated Wakanda from the equation... Sounds like a massive reboot leaving T'challa the last man standing for a reason!

Which writer is next to catch the heat in the Chadwick Boseman era?

You still talk a lot but I've been waiting for you to publish your own book.

You can copy my posts Flex. I will never get mad at you.

Doesn't BP have some mystic items to travel back to the past to stop Namor?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    You still talk a lot but I've been waiting for you to publish your own book.

You can copy my posts Flex. I will never get mad at you.

Doesn't BP have some mystic items to travel back to the past to stop Namor?
    Pretty good BP lore call up! He does use Solomon's frogs but they can be unreliable.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

A few things id like to see in MCU & aswell in the comics

King Of Kings T'Challa - The Black Panther : Ruler of the nation of Wakanda & all its Tribes.Cult

Queen Shuri - The Black Panther : Queen of The Panther Tribe, Wakandan most powerful & ruling tribe. Central Wakanda, Wakanda Golden City, T'Chaka Park & Path, The Hatut Zeraze & etc...

Gen.Zuri - Leader of Wakandan Army (made of citizens of all of Wakanda tribes)
    Gen.S'Yan - Leader of Panther Prowler Division
    Ramonda/Queen Mother - Head of the Wakanda School of Alternative Studies

Order of The Panther - T'Challa personal spy network
    Known Members : Malaika, Taku, D'Khanata/Derek Khanata, Kasper Cole, Sofija of Serbia & Junta

Malaika & or Okoye as love interests

The DM

Dora Milaje: QDJ- Gen.Aneka - Lion, Okoye- Panther, QDJ- Elephant, Nikia - Croc

The White Elephant

Queen Ce'Athauna Asira Davin : Avatar of The White Elephant, Ruler Jabari Village, The Domain of The WGs & The Crystal Forest.. Engaged to N'Kano III/Vibraxas.. Uneasy Alies with The Panther Tribes.

xQDJ would take leadership from her Uncle M'Baku, become engaged to N'Kano & the avatar of The White Elephant after T'Challa releases her from the DM

The Gold Lion Tribe

King Killmonger, Madam Slay & Prince N'Jadaka III (Son of Killmonger & Madam Slay) - The Avatar of Sekhmet, of The Lion Tribe, N'Jadaka village, Ressuection Altar, Chilling Mist Village & is Wakanda 2nd most powerful tribe.. Uneasy alies with the Croc Tribe

Grey Croc Tribe

King Solomon Prey & Queen Nakia - Nikia : Avatar of Sobek, They rule Serpent Valley, The Wetlands tribes, the Dinosaurs of Wakanda, The Lighting Lancer Army & the people of Serpent Valley.. Uneasy alies with the Lion Tribe

xNikia would become a Queen & Avatar of Sobek after her heel turn on Panther Tribe..

The Pride (The Pride of Wakanda) - A group of young leaders & super powered people of Wakanda
    Known Members : QDJ - WE, Shuri - Panther, Ashaa - Hyena, N'Jadaka III - Lion & N'Kano III - Central Wakanda

BANNED

I've never really had an issue responding to individual posts but like FLEX, I too have come to the realization that the catching of feelings on the parts of some, can oftentimes lead to derailments and all the chaos that usually leads on from that.

David Liss's Black Panther run though initially ill recieved by some BP/DD readers eventually became the book that many readers grew to love just of the sheer proffesionalism of Liss as a writer.

The fact that Liss was able to work with an odd premise that few readers liked and then turn that into a book that had me eagerly awaiting each issue as it came out, also spoke to the fact that he really cared about T'Challa as a character as well as the loyal fans who were left quite sceptical in the wake of Doomwar.

Liss's superb run came to an end so abrupt that the writer himself was caught unawares alongside the fans who'd thoroughly enjoyed the Kingpin of Wakanda arc.

David Liss delivered on all counts and even though there was some confusion as to why the book was cancelled, the events that served as the bedrock for AvX as regards the annulment of T'Challa and Ororo's union wouldn't have made much sense if Liss's book was still live and in play at the time.

So as far as what Hickman may or not be doing as regards a possible reboot, none of this changes the fact that Reginald Hudlin created a character that enriched the Black Panther mythos in much the same way that Priest and Liss did with their introduction of strong supporting cast members for T'Challa during their respective tenures as BP scribes.

I'm yet to see what Hickman has contributed to the BP mythos other than a drastically depopulated and thoroughly immolated Wakanda.

But hey I understand.

Everything dies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    A few things id like to see in MCU & aswell in the comics

King Of Kings T'Challa - The Black Panther : Ruler of the nation of Wakanda & all its Tribes.Cult

Queen Shuri - The Black Panther : Queen of The Panther Tribe, Wakandan most powerful & ruling tribe. Central Wakanda, Wakanda Golden City, T'Chaka Park & Path, The Hatut Zeraze & etc...

Gen.Zuri - Leader of Wakandan Army (made of citizens of all of Wakanda tribes)
    Gen.S'Yan - Leader of Panther Prowler Division
    Ramonda/Queen Mother - Head of the Wakanda School of Alternative Studies

Order of The Panther - T'Challa personal spy network
    Known Members : Malaika, Taku, D'Khanata/Derek Khanata, Kasper Cole, Sofija of Serbia & Junta

Malaika & or Okoye as love interests

The DM

Dora Milaje: QDJ- Gen.Aneka - Lion, Okoye- Panther, QDJ- Elephant, Nikia - Croc

The White Elephant

Queen Ce'Athauna Asira Davin : Avatar of The White Elephant, Ruler Jabari Village, The Domain of The WGs & The Crystal Forest.. Engaged to N'Kano III/Vibraxas.. Uneasy Alies with The Panther Tribes.

xQDJ would take leadership from her Uncle M'Baku, become engaged to N'Kano & the avatar of The White Elephant after T'Challa releases her from the DM

The Gold Lion Tribe

King Killmonger, Madam Slay & Prince N'Jadaka III (Son of Killmonger & Madam Slay) - The Avatar of Sekhmet, of The Lion Tribe, N'Jadaka village, Ressuection Altar, Chilling Mist Village & is Wakanda 2nd most powerful tribe.. Uneasy alies with the Croc Tribe

Grey Croc Tribe

King Solomon Prey & Queen Nakia - Nikia : Avatar of Sobek, They rule Serpent Valley, The Wetlands tribes, the Dinosaurs of Wakanda, The Lighting Lancer Army & the people of Serpent Valley.. Uneasy alies with the Lion Tribe

xNikia would become a Queen & Avatar of Sobek after her heel turn on Panther Tribe..

The Pride (The Pride of Wakanda) - A group of young leaders & super powered people of Wakanda
    Known Members : QDJ - WE, Shuri - Panther, Ashaa - Hyena, N'Jadaka III - Lion & N'Kano III - Central Wakanda
    I agree with this post.

BANNED

Liss saved Marvels ass on his run cause the premises for the book sounded straight garbage. His writing combined with the heavy hitter art team made the book awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGodKing View Post
    Liss saved Marvels ass on his run cause the premises for the book sounded straight garbage. His writing combined with the heavy hitter art team made the book awesome.
    You ain't never lied my bro.

BANNED

And get this...

Chiwetel Ejiofor Reportedly Up for Key "Doctor Strange" Role

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58698

The guy who should have been playing T'Challa in the BP movie may be getting a "key" role in the proposed Dr Strange flick.

Go figure. *Shrugs*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I've never really had an issue responding to individual posts but like FLEX, I too have come to the realization that the catching of feelings on the parts of some, can oftentimes lead to derailments and all the chaos that usually leads on from that.

David Liss's Black Panther run though initially ill recieved by some BP/DD readers eventually became the book that many readers grew to love just of the sheer proffesionalism of Liss as a writer.

The fact that Liss was able to work with an odd premise that few readers liked and then turn that into a book that had me eagerly awaiting each issue as it came out, also spoke to the fact that he really cared about T'Challa as a character as well as the loyal fans who were left quite sceptical in the wake of Doomwar.

Liss's superb run came to an end so abrupt that the writer himself was caught unawares alongside the fans who'd thoroughly enjoyed the Kingpin of Wakanda arc.

David Liss delivered on all counts and even though there was some confusion as to why the book was cancelled, the events that served as the bedrock for AvX as regards the annulment of T'Challa and Ororo's union wouldn't have made much sense if Liss's book was still live and in play at the time.

So as far as what Hickman may or not be doing as regards a possible reboot, none of this changes the fact that Reginald Hudlin created a character that enriched the Black Panther mythos in much the same way that Priest and Liss did with their introduction of strong supporting cast members for T'Challa during their respective tenures as BP scribes.

I'm yet to see what Hickman has contributed to the BP mythos other than a drastically depopulated and thoroughly immolated Wakanda.

But hey I understand.

Everything dies.
    This was good. :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGodKing View Post
    Im still kind of shocked he never got his shot at daredevil. not even a DD mini-series.

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 01-22-2015 at 07:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    This was good. :-)
    Thank you.

I'm with Majestic on the Chiwetel Ejiofor as Black Panther but Chadwick Boseman was the better choice going forward at this point so I have let it settle in and accepted it for what it is because at least they launched it after all these years!

After we run through this thread with this "Family Reunion" we have going on here we should probably discuss the pros and cons of Ejiofor versus Boseman for old times sake!

Anywho...

Chancellor RLAAMJR what are you doing up in here when you should have a collection plate gathering up cash to offset the lagging sales of Storm's solo comic book since she lost all those Black Panther consumers that would have gladly pitched in to help out moving them units sitting on the shelves collecting mad dust particles...

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-12.html

17,000... That's approaching Klawz of The Panther numbers right there!

The Pearly Gates of Wakanda...

King T'challa: "HARK WHO GOES THERE?"

Storm: "C'mon T'challa you know it's me!"

King T'challa: "I know you set off my anti-mutant radar detector... What do you want here?"

Storm: "A sandwich or something!"

King T'challa: "You look tore up from the floor up... I thought you were making money on your solo comic headmistress!"

Storm: "I have a crappy contract where they have to pay the writer, the artists and the editor off the top and after all the splash page persons get paid then I get what is left over!"

King T'challa: "DAYUM... You control weather why are you shivering over there?"

Storm: "Disney issued a freeze out on characters not available for movie merchandise so my powers are kind of on a hiatus right now at least in the comics!"

King T'challa: "WOW, sorry about Wolverine though I mean I told you not to..."

Storm: "LOOK... I frakked up can we talk about personal issues later a girl is kind of hungry over here and I know you got an advance on your new solo movie deal!"

King T'challa: "Yeah I'm caked up after the break up things are looking good for me... I hear FOX is casting a younger you for Age of Apocalypse!"

Storm: "I'm frightened right now Mickey Mouse is threatening to kill off all characters that he can't make money off ASAP... Could you please let me in for old times sake!"

King T'challa: "Yeah, just meet me out back by the service entrance I don't want your presence starting stuff up here in Wakanda... Is that Prada?"

Storm: "It's a knock off money is tight these days what's a girl to do!"

King T'challa: "17,000 units... How do you eat off of that?"

Carry on...