Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    After IW I have to say that MCU T'Challa is a bit of a disappointment. I REALLY hate that damn force push and how it's his primary offense. Not giving him the daggers was a mistake.
    Thing is this. The daggers aren't going to make an appearance until the sequel. Marvel is smart for not giving him all us Tech because that means more toys to sell with each movie. Also unlike in the comics, the force push in the MCU gives him an actual tool that allows him to tangle with beings above his weight class and not get flung around (see Cap vs Loki and Cap vs Ultron)

In sure the daggers will appear in some form, or he will get Vibranium Daggers. Either way, it's not smart to introduce new BP tech like that in movies that aren't his solos

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh

He spoilers:
    beat up the outriders with a combination of claws, normal kung fu, and force push
    end of spoilers

and without the force push, he isn't

spoilers:
    knocking Black Dwarf on his ass. not even close
    end of spoilers

they are using it to enhance his feats, they ain't using it to take away, so far.

plus, he didn't need in in CW. He didn't need it to beat M'baku. He didn't need it to put a spear in Killmonger's gut. He was already tanking bullets wthout the added absorption thing.

It hasn't been like the comics where he is purposefully taking damage from goons just to hurt one of them.

I understand the apprehension of the force push and I hated it in season one of coates run (slightly better in season 2) but I think its been a positive in the movies so far.
    Pretty much issue 171 was the best use of the Force push (as well as all his other tech) from Coates ever. Luckily MCU has a better understanding of how to use cool tech

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is this. The daggers aren't going to make an appearance until the sequel. Marvel is smart for not giving him all us Tech because that means more toys to sell with each movie. Also unlike in the comics, the force push in the MCU gives him an actual tool that allows him to tangle with beings above his weight class and not get flung around (see Cap vs Loki and Cap vs Ultron)

In sure the daggers will appear in some form, or he will get Vibranium Daggers. Either way, it's not smart to introduce new BP tech like that in movies that aren't his solos
    Yeah, but at least show that he has armored vehicles ... Something other than force push that will display the diversity of tech a place like this would developed. This ain't Killmonger! We are talking about the fate of the universe here. Now would have been the time to put it allout on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm not, there were plenty of things that, given how critics have tended to react to previous films, that they might have had an issue with.
    I was stunned its that high. Figured it be below cw
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I think most Black Panther and Marvel fans shouldn't hesitate to see the Infinity War movie. T'Challa's not the star, but then no one is except Josh Brolin.
    Black Panther fans should not see IW. Save your money and wait until they show more respect to their biggest solo hero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh

He spoilers:
    beat up the outriders with a combination of claws, normal kung fu, and force push
    end of spoilers

and without the force push, he isn't

spoilers:
    knocking Black Dwarf on his ass. not even close
    end of spoilers

they are using it to enhance his feats, they ain't using it to take away, so far.

plus, he didn't need in in CW. He didn't need it to beat M'baku. He didn't need it to put a spear in Killmonger's gut. He was already tanking bullets wthout the added absorption thing.

It hasn't been like the comics where he is purposefully taking damage from goons just to hurt one of them.

I understand the apprehension of the force push and I hated it in season one of coates run (slightly better in season 2) but I think its been a positive in the movies so far.
    Nice try, but this makes no sense. Black panther needs more feats.

I liked it. I put around Guardians 2 or Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Black Panther fans should not see IW. Save your money and wait until they show more respect to their biggest solo hero.
    Don't be ridiculous. Plenty of "respect" — I'm not sure how you "disrespect" a fictional character — is shown to Black Panther. It's not a Black Panther sequel. It's not a Cap sequel, not an Iron Man sequel nor a Thor sequel. It's an Avengers sequel, and it is barely that. I'm sure a Black Panther sequel is in the offing, but this isn't it. If your point is there needs to be more people of color in prominent positions in this particular movie, then I'm not sure how you do that. Gamora, played by an African-American woman, is the most prominent character in the film and story after Brolin and Thanos. It's a Thanos movie. If you're a Marvel fan and a Black Panther fan, this is the only new movie to see at the moment with the MCU in it. So, you may as well buy the ticket and enjoy it.

BANNED

SPOILERS WARNING

Don't be ridiculous. Plenty of "respect" — I'm not sure how you "disrespect" a fictional character — is shown to Black Panther. It's not a Black Panther sequel. It's not a Cap sequel, not an Iron Man sequel nor a Thor sequel. It's an Avengers sequel, and it is barely that. I'm sure a Black Panther sequel is in the offing, but this isn't it. If your point is there needs to be more people of color in prominent positions in this particular movie, then I'm not sure how you do that. Gamora, played by an African-American woman, is the most prominent character in the film and story after Brolin and Thanos. It's a Thanos movie. If you're a Marvel fan and a Black Panther fan, this is the only new movie to see at the moment with the MCU in it. So, you may as well buy the ticket and enjoy it.
    This "African-American" woman had to be killed to get a backstory. Black panther should have got more feats. Black panther was disrespect big time. Black panther fans should not see it.

SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    This "African-American" woman had to be killed to get a backstory. Black panther should have got more feats. Black panther was disrespect big time. Black panther fans should not see it.
    In a movie with like 2 dozen super heroes, not every character will get as many feats as their fan base might want. That's simply the logistical reality of the situation.

Ultimate Member

The Gamora plotline was actually the thing that I disliked the most. In fact, I hated everything that they did with her in the film, so disrespectful.

Compared to that, T'Challa got off rather well (if a bit underused).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In a movie with like 2 dozen super heroes, not every character will get as many feats as their fan base might want. That's simply the logistical reality of the situation.
    Black panther still should have got more feats.

it wasn't a Dr. Strange sequel either, but this guy was a center of the entire story. They were on Black Panther's home turf and that franchise did not have one defining feat throughout the movie exceptspoilers:
    the force field. The universe's fate was left in the hands of Wakanda and not one bugatti spaceship was in sight. They literally only fought with spears and had to be rescued by the Avengers. The source material has Black Panther working Black Dwarf by himself (even if done off panel), not only was this taken away from him, but it was given to Bruce Banner. Not the Hulk mind you, Bruce Banner. Meanwhile Twirl-girl Black Widow is fighting way above her class and Coachella finger wave Scarlet Witch is top tier here.

The two characters from Guardians played by Asians have been complete jokes including in this movie. One of them has a personal connection with Thanos and was barely explored at all. The other was neutered from a top tier martial artists to a indentured servant hypnotist. The most dangerous woman in the universe (played by a black woman) was taken out like Anna Mae.

On top of that when the snap happens, only two POCs are left. Even in the original cast of Avengers the only non white character who wasn't even in the movie got eliminated. I get that they are bringing it back to Avengers Assemble, but I think that was a copout.
    end of spoilers

This movie was an excellent film. Thanos was excellent. Thor really showed up this time around. Dr. Strange was getting busy, but this movie was a complete disservice to POCs. Especially since they toured around the world talking about how important it was to show kids that there are heroes that look like them. I'm not declaring a protest or anything of that nature, but it is what it is. Business as usual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    it wasn't a Dr. Strange sequel either, but this guy was a center of the entire story. They were on Black Panther's home turf and that franchise did not have one defining feat throughout the movie exceptspoilers:
    the force field. The universe's fate was left in the hands of Wakanda and not one bugatti spaceship was in sight. They literally only fought with spears and had to be rescued by the Avengers. The source material has Black Panther working Black Dwarf by himself (even if done off panel), not only was this taken away from him, but it was given to Bruce Banner. Not the Hulk mind you, Bruce Banner. Meanwhile Twirl-girl Black Widow is fighting way above her class and Coachella finger wave Scarlet Witch is top tier here.

The two characters from Guardians played by Asians have been complete jokes including in this movie. One of them has a personal connection with Thanos and was barely explored at all. The other was neutered from a top tier martial artists to a indentured servant hypnotist. The most dangerous woman in the universe (played by a black woman) was taken out like Anna Mae.

On top of that when the snap happens, only two POCs are left. Even in the original cast of Avengers the only non white character who wasn't even in the movie got eliminated. I get that they are bringing it back to Avengers Assemble, but I think that was a copout.
    end of spoilers

This movie was an excellent film. Thanos was excellent. Thor really showed up this time around. Dr. Strange was getting busy, but this movie was a complete disservice to POCs. Especially since they toured around the world talking about how important it was to show kids that there are heroes that look like them. I'm not declaring a protest or anything of that nature, but it is what it is. Business as usual.
    Someone with sense. Thank god someone is not scared to call it like it is. Lets just hope they don't disrespect Wakanda after his SOLO film became bigger then Ironman 3 and Cap 3. Cap 3 is not even a solo film and Black panther is much bigger. If WAKANDA looks this weak again you know it 100% bias.

The black panther movie was bigger but I wouldn't say the black panther character is. I am a little surprised that spoilers:
    they killed him off without getting a big moment and considerably less screentime than Doctor strange and Spider-Man who looked like bosses. Especially since he'll probably have an even smaller role in Avengers 4.
    end of spoilers