Shuri's going to appear in this Sunday's episode of Avengers Assemble:

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes and not very versed in BP lore which is what he was commissioned to write. Atleast Evans did his homework/ is a BP nerd and hit a ton of BP points that others haven't done to nearly the same extent so that is a plus, and he hasn't emasculated men to prop up the women in the mythos which is something Coates utterly failed at too. there is hope for Evans
    I really don't want to get into this silly and tired discussion about Coates emasculating men to prop up women because its not true. Coates has written tchalla as thoughtfully navigating through a changing Wakanda. You dont like that and thats ok but enough with this false narrative. Never knew being thoughtful was somehow emasculating. That's the craziest thing I've heard. Emasculation of this character, true emasculation would be him being shown as damsel as a distress awaiting salvation by the women you claim has emasculated him and that hasn't happened. I can think of another character that actually has happened to in fact to prop him up but I would be accused of derailing this thread so that can be saved for another day. So until tchalla is written like ororo was in dickeys book called Storm then save me with this emasculation mess.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-04-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    How y'all feel about Kendrick making the black panther soundtrack?
    Like it and I'm excited to listen to the whole album.

Right now I want to know what the music score is like.

All-New Member

I wasn't really planning to read Rise of the Black Panther. I've been loosely following Coate's run since it was released. I was excited when it was initially announced but my interest began to wane halfway through. After several months away, I finally went back and read conclusion to the first story arc and found it to be a little anti-climatic. The Priest run on the character is my favorite (and one of my all time favorite comic runs period for that matter). Coates take on the character thus far isn't quite as strong. So after A Nation Under Our Feet wrapped, I wasn't really looking forward to anything print wise that Marvel had to offer in terms of BP. After seeing positive feedback here I decided to give Rise a chance and I'm glad I did. There was so much content in the book and I felt the way they incorporated so many elements from T'challa's various origins was well done. I'm especially happy to see that they managed to include Hunter. I'm definitely excited for the subsequent issues.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    McGrogor is the only one who still holds on to that story. lol

Its like the clone saga, you kinda sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen. lol
    The Clone Saga is an odd analogy since there's an ongoing featuring a character from it and a recent event - so, obviously, no one is pretending it didn't happen.

Regardless, Ramonda wouldn't have existed but for that story. People are mentioning her South African heritage, which exists because of that story (seriously, did Hudlin ever mention that she wasn't Wakandan?). I'd argue two things: One, Panther's Quest is still a relevant story beyond Don McGregor and, two, if it hasn't been contradicted, it's still incredibly useful to explain any inconsistencies between Shuri's views on Wakandan foreign policy and her foreign mother.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    How y'all feel about Kendrick making the black panther soundtrack?
    It reminds me of when Prince did The Batman soundtrack. Hopefully it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I couldn't find scan for tchalla her but I'm pretty sure he was 16 I remember people being upset about that when the book was released. ororo was definitely 12:

Thanks for the scan. Going to have to bump that up a few years. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Thanks for the scan. Going to have to bump that up a few years. lol
    you are so welcome. and right??? I don't know if you recall the story but all the girls were trying to become women by getting pregnant. it was a tragic lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

you are so welcome. and right??? I don't know if you recall the story but all the girls were trying to become women by getting pregnant. it was a tragic lol
    He might have got that idea from America. I remember stories like that going on in high schools a few years back.

Might want to watch that guy. Seems like the type who is like the writer of Samurai X

I really don't want to get into this silly and tired discussion about Coates emasculating men to prop up women because its not true. Coates has written tchalla as thoughtfully navigating through a changing Wakanda. You dont like that and thats ok but enough with this false narrative. Never knew being thoughtful was somehow emasculating. That's the craziest thing I've heard. Emasculation of this character, true emasculation would be him being shown as damsel as a distress awaiting salvation by the women you claim has emasculated him and that hasn't happened. I can think of another character that actually has happened to in fact to prop him up but I would be accused of derailing this thread so that can be saved for another day. So until tchalla is written like ororo was in dickeys book called Storm then save me with this emasculation mess.
    Look if you like Coates take then whatever that's fine,
    but if you aren't well versed in BP please don't spread false information about how Coates didn't emasculate the men in his story, because he made it Blatantly obvious. Emasculated, deflated, inept, uncaring, or rapist's.

You like that has had Tchalla and storm rekindling their love, cool, but again, just because he is treating Storm with respect does NOT mean he has respected T'Challa at all. Emasculated doesn't just mean turning Tchalla into a damsel in distress. You like that they are together again and that's all you care about, and that's fine, but I'm not going to gloss over bullshit just because he is treating Storm in Character

That book was quite the disappointment. I was hoping marvel would retell the story of their first meeting and when marvel finally gives it to us, we get freaking that. A 12 year old damsel in distress hooking up with someone older she just met. They should have just asked Claremont to write the darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That book was quite the disappointment. I was hoping marvel would retell the story of their first meeting and when marvel finally gives it to us, we get freaking that. A 12 year old damsel in distress hooking up with someone older she just met. They should have just asked Claremont to write the darn thing.
    Isnt the Claremont version Tchalla as the damsel in distress and storm rescues him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Look if you like Coates take then whatever that's fine,
    but if you aren't well versed in BP please don't spread false information about how Coates didn't emasculate the men in his story, because he made it Blatantly obvious. Emasculated, deflated, inept, uncaring, or rapist's.

You like that has had Tchalla and storm rekindling their love, cool, but again, just because he is treating Storm with respect does NOT mean he has respected T'Challa at all. Emasculated doesn't just mean turning Tchalla into a damsel in distress. You like that they are together again and that's all you care about, and that's fine, but I'm not going to gloss over bullshit just because he is treating Storm in Character

I don't have to know anything about a characters history to get what emasculation is. you haven't listed one instance of tchalla being emasculated. not one. so just give a rest already. we get it you don't like Coates. you and many here say it like everyday 25x a day. So me acknowledging the good in this issue which Coates is managing what on the goddess green earth does that have to do with any of the stuff you keep talking about? absolutely nothing.

And Storm and my thoughts about coates has nothing to do with this exchange but your obsession with talking crap about Coates does. there was absolutely no reason for you to insert all that negativity about Coates. give it a rest.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-04-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Someone on 4chan said this. What do y'all think?