Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because Tchalla would of stated his stance and told his father that with confidence, not acting like he was a child needing to be scolded by Daddy. Like you said he was unwilling to compromise hos beliefs, he would of acted like such. No one else cried like that when they came to the fact that they couldn't pull the trigger. Again it was a weak scene. Maybe of the art and dialogue was better it would of been less stupid but as it stands it was poor. Just as bad as the scene with Tchalla going to ororo too
    No one else cried, because no one else had to tell their father that they could not not save their loved ones. No one else cried because no one else even TRIED to pull the trigger, apart from Namor of course.

And he couldn't say his stance with confidence, because deep down he KNEW his father was right. That's why they mind wiped Cap in the first place. Because the Illuminati knew blowing up planets was necessary. It was what was needed to be done... he just couldn't bring himself to do it. And his family and loved ones were about to die because of that inability.

It is a COMPLETELY valid reason for him or anyone else to break down. He is human, believe it or not. An like all humans even he has limits. If this isn't a time where he can break down, really what is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly, had Tchalla killed Namor, sw wouldn't of changed have strange teleport everyone away, he goes with Tchalla to get the guantlet and gets killed by Doom.. same ending
    Except that the story ends with T'CHalla prioritizing his personal vendetta with Namor over saving the universe... which is the point of him failing in the first place. And to his credit, he actually LEARNED from his mistake. Revenge can wait. Sometimes being a hero means putting whats needed ahead of what you might want.

That's the point of showing Namor and T'Challa fighting side by side at the end of the story, in contrast to Steve and Tony. They chose to put aside their differences and work together rather than continue to try and needlessly kill each other because that's not only the smart thing to do but the right thing to do. And when he made the mistake of putting is own agenda ahead of the greater good, it blew up in his face... as it should. But he learned from that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I was more curious to why he asked form the trigger in the first place. Hickman was good pushing to the edge of a great feat. than pulling back by either moving it off panel or failing to deliver the goods.
    To his credit, he was at least willing to try. In hindsight perhaps Namor should have stepped up earlier to do the deed, and spare T'Challa doing it.

For what it's worth, I'm glad T'CHalla didn't pull the trigger even if I don't agree with how the Illuminati (minus Namor) flipped flopped the way they did. I wouldn't want the blood of billions of innocent people on his hands. Namor is already a mass murder, so he can sort of take it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah. Maeberrys first arc on the book. I thought it was pretty good. It made me actually like Shuri (I found her a little annoying honestly under Hudlin).
    Yeah, that book is great. Power and Doomwar is definitely where I was on the Shuri boat.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No one else cried, because no one else had to tell their father that they could not not save their loved ones. No one else cried because no one else even TRIED to pull the trigger, apart from Namor of course.

And he couldn't say his stance with confidence, because deep down he KNEW his father was right. That's why they mind wiped Cap in the first place. Because the Illuminati knew blowing up planets was necessary. It was what was needed to be done... he just couldn't bring himself to do it. And his family and loved ones were about to die because of that inability.

It is a COMPLETELY valid reason for him or anyone else to break down. He is human, believe it or not. An like all humans even he has limits. If this isn't a time where he can break down, really what is?

They're contradicting themselves again. Notice they have opposite expectations of character when it comes to MCU T'challa.

MCU T'challa being a reactionary generic blob is okay, but MU T'challa must always be alpha and gary stue to the core. MU T'challa must never cry, but MCU T'challa is on the verge of tears like 3 times in the enire movie and that's okay.
    Last edited by N'Jadaka; 05-16-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Jadaka View Post
    Yeah, that book is great. Power and Doomwar is definitely where I was on the Shuri boat.
    Doomwar was terrible for her. She let Doom walk away with a don't do that again speech. Hickman Shuri would of picked his head. But note she had no problem snapping the rebel leaders neck.

They're contradicting themselves again. Notice they have opposite expectations of character when it comes to MCU T'challa.

MCU T'challa being a reactionary generic blob is okay, but MU T'challa must always be alpha and gary stue to the core. MCU T'challa has tears in his eyes like 3 times the whole movie.
    There characters have two different histories. One has to become an adult at 10ish. The other got to grow up with his parents. Gotta expect some differences.

Doomwar was terrible for her. She let Doom walk away with a don't do that again speech. Hickman Shuri would of picked his head. But note she had no problem snapping the rebel leaders neck.
    I think it's fair to say the very ending of Doom War was anti-climactic. But other than that, I think Maeberry wrote a pretty good Shuri. I'll say again, I personally liked Maeberrys Shuri a bit better. Hudlins was a bit on the annoying side at times.

There characters have two different histories. One has to become an adult at 10ish. The other Got to grow up with his parents. Gotta expect some differences.

Is there a real argument in this sentiment? Doesn't make much sense. MU T'challa should be more emotionally scarred overall as an adult due to losing a parent a young age.

Is there a real argument in this sentiment? Doesn't make much sense. MU T'challa should be more emotionally scarred overall as an adult due to losing a parent a young age.
    He is scarred. That is why Priest made him an ass
    Last edited by Cville; 05-16-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpac View Post
    i think it's fair to say the very ending of doom war was anti-climactic. But other than that, i think maeberry wrote a pretty good shuri. I'll say again, i personally liked maeberrys shuri a bit better. Hudlins was a bit on the annoying side at times.
    ..................... Hudlin created the character
    The J-man

I wouldnt have any issues if Coogler and Nate wrote a genuine and satisfying T'Challa instead of a generic, vanilla plot device that's barely T'Challa

The J-man

From Ture over at the HEF. Lowering expectations for anyone who thought this was going to be good for WK. lol. He started Coates; first reboot on one knee. lol

Hold on, you're crying about a variant cover?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

hold on what did I miss. where is tchalla crying and for what?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!