Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It's funny how Marvel editorial didn't feelm it necessary to apply this level of guidance and oversight when they let Coates loose on the BP mythos.
    I though the same thing when I read the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Semper View Post
    He looks more like Zawavari for me.

He could go for Zawavari too. Dual roles in the same movie.

BANNED

BP #170 made for a mildly entertaining read due to the fact that I've always been a sucker for "Lord Of The Rings" type end of the world type battles featuring a diverse ensemble brought together to battle a dire threat.

Other than that, it featured T'Challa in his now, all to familiar back of the bus character almost totally reliant on supporting characters to actually do all the heavy lifting whilst T'Challa waxes loquacious whilst flinging spirit spears around occasionally.

Princess Shuri is now for all intents and purposes everything T'Challa should have been as envisioned by Jonathan Hickman.

Her ability to reach back into Wakandan race knowledge/history and draw from the past to invoke spirits of the dead to do battle with threats to Wakanda is what most of us expected from T'Challa as the King Of The dead.

Alas, like many of the attributes various writers have given T'Challa over many decades, the current writer believes that these are better utilsed on every other member of T'Challa's support cast other than himself.

It will be interesting to see whether Coates will have Storm and Steve Rogers buried under a ton of supporting characters when he finally starts penning their respective books in the near future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I though the same thing when I read the interview.
    The irony was pretty hard to miss.

Where is Ta-Neh... OOPS I mean Harsh Lesson?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Damn ! Avengers a week early!
    Yeah, shocking.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    That's Mr. Chokes to you!

I am super thrilled to have you back here, Flex. Hectic, thy name is Levity.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Is that what that was?
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Using my "world's greatest detective" Batman tech... My bad wrong thread I meant using my Shuri Wakanda Design Group "Technology" and all my years of extensive training playing the hit board game Clue I deduced that anyone who joined CBR so recently with so few posts must have a super secret identity they want concealed!

That and the "Harsh" name was a giveaway... This is a comic book based forum where people choose avatar names associated with their favorite characters, movies or video games!

Dude made a beeline straight here and went to work defending Coates at all costs with an unstoppable agenda!

That or he is a really really diehard Coates fan...

If he is not Coates I think Coates himself should start mingling with fans and unfans just for the sake of being a good sport it's only comics after all nothing to get too upset about!

Anyway... A while back I ran into Hudlin at AAU basketball games for small kids and teens he was leaving and I was coming to my son's game so we spoke for a quick second!

I may start TROLLING again at his site if the money is right...

First page of Rise of the Black Panther #3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXDTJIxUQAcz-9M?format=jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    First page of Rise of the Black Panther #3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXDTJIxUQAcz-9M?format=jpg
    I see your first page and raise you three more.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...requel-origin/

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Brilliant theory that actually makes a lot of sense.

It's pretty unfortunate that Coates has thus far, shown ZERO aptitude for writing anything even half as good as this.
    It especially works considering the Skrulls shown in Secret Invasion were zealots.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    How do YOU feel about the film now? Care to shed light on how this article changed your perception of the film?
    Before the article I held the belief that the film treats its main character as a plot device/prop for world building and the movie is ultimately about the tale of killmonger. T'Challa is given so little depth and spends most of his screentime highlighting the supporting cast to the point that comedic reliefs are more notable than the titular character.

I still hold that belief but the article also tells me that the writers wrote a script that consolidates the crab-in-a-bucket mentality and resentment some viewers may have seeing a fully realized T'Challa who is not African American. No other MCU character is treated this way. And it reinforces the idea that the story is about killmonger/diaspora.

T'Challa may have ended the movie as a better character but he spent the majority of it as a glorified microphone.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 03-02-2018 at 07:05 AM.