Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Bro McGregor shared my post!
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Don McGregor has a twitter?!?!?!!?
    The J-man

As for this issue the art was great. And Coates can actually write a protagonist who kicks but.

I'm not sure Coates ever liked the original concept of Black Panther or Wakanda, from what I've read of his articles and his prior comics that seems to be the case. I feel like he grew up reading X-men and he'd probably be more comfortable writing X-men, Spidey or even Captain America (to the chagrin of some fans).

In a vacuum this was a very solid issue, but holy cow way to flip the concept of Wakanda on its head.

Edit-

He really isn't a fan of championing monarchies, empires, kingdoms or nobility. I understand that especially when you're applying real world rationale and analogies to it, but his narratives don't jive with the prior canon to me. This feels more like the story he wanted to write. An underdog story, because everyone loves an underdog story.
    Last edited by Jabare; 05-23-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    The J-man

The J-man

Okay I read the Issue.. better then I was expecting to be honest but it's still pretty generic in the sense that, you could tell me the entire cast with a different franchise and nothing would Change. It would cool seeing T'Challa kick ass and have that silent but deadly attitude.
    Not so fond of the slave trade of course. And it's a disappointment that we got this whole shtick and more Wakandans are bad. But the art is gorgeous. The action is on point and I like the looks of Nakia and M'Baku. Especially M'Baku. And the armor the maroons Wear would look cool as the hatute zeraze new look.
    I'll give it a Solid 6.5/10

Had this not been throwing Wakanda under the bus Again, I would rank it higher. As Said previously, of this was an image comic, I would like it Alot more. And would rank it at a 7.5-8/10, but being it's using Wakandas name.. nah
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-23-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    What do you guys think if T'Challa & co were to remain cosmic and fully leave Earth behind?

Is that an absolute "No" or would you be down with it?
    I know it can't happen but I would love it if there was another book based on Wakanda fully in space. I mainly read cosmic books anyway this would just make me even more happy.

Now i wonder how i would have felt about Coates if this was the first arc after of SW.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-23-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Thankfully Ryan Coogler opinion is the only one that matters and he's great friends with MBJ. If he wants him back he will be back. Most people loves him more then T'challa anyway.

No, clearly everyone outside of this thread DON'T want Killmonger to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Its hillarious when ppl think the writer/actor/director are bigger than the movie.

Marvel pays Coogler not the other way around.
    Black Panther 2...and one....were gonna happen with or without "insert director/actor/writer"
    Coogler clearly had a lot of freedom with this movie. He literally handpicked the main cast. Letitia was the only one who had to audition fot her role.
    Last edited by N'Jadaka; 05-24-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    I know this is a joke, but i'll bite. Brian Stelfreeze.
    Stelfreeze makes pretty art, but it's also fairly stiff. I don't think Coates was good at writing action (until the recent silent issue, I still would have argued that), but I don't think Stelfreeze helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    [B]Okay I read the Issue.. better then I was expecting to be honest but it's still pretty generic in the sense that, you could tell me the entire cast with a different franchise and nothing would Change.
    It honestly reminded me a lot of the Kasper Cole issues of Black Panther - something completely different and you had to ask yourself what made a Black Panther comic.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It honestly reminded me a lot of the Kasper Cole issues of Black Panther - something completely different and you had to ask yourself what made a Black Panther comic.
    Really only name dropping Vibranium.

BoG basically said it... this is just a generic slave revolt type comic with BP mytho names thrown in without context. Like dropping in the middle of the John Carter movie.

The end page with the editor talking seemingly confirms that that is 616T'challa at least.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Really only name dropping Vibranium.

BoG basically said it... this is just a generic slave revolt type comic with BP mytho names thrown in without context. Like dropping in the middle of the John Carter movie.

The end page with the editor talking seemingly confirms that that is 616T'challa at least.
    It reminds me a little of BP man without fear. The character is in a different status quo, and stripped away of a lot of his supporting cast and trademark elememts. I know back in the day people capped on the premise, but it ended up being my personal fave BP run since Priest.

I think on moderation this sort of thing can be fun. But we'll see how it works out.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-24-2018 at 05:12 AM.

I thought this issue wasn't too bad, why didn't they just make this issue one in the first place?

Secret Wars ended with T'challa sending three adventurers out into space.

Due to time compression they could have ended up inadvertently starting this galactic empire and then we just pick up with T'challa for some reason in space. That would have been so much better than two years of BS.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It reminds me a little of BP man without fear. The character is in a different status quo, and stripped away of a lot of his supporting cast and trademark elememts. I know back in the day people capped on the premise, but it ended up being my personal fave BP run since Priest.

I think on moderation this sort of thing can be fun. But we'll see how it works out.
    Somewhat the same. But at least Hell's Kitchen is known, he knew his own name, his own history, ect. This is like a really extreme version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I thought this issue wasn't too bad, why didn't they just make this issue one in the first place?

Secret Wars ended with T'challa sending three adventurers out into space.

Due to time compression they could have ended up inadvertently starting this galactic empire and then we just pick up with T'challa for some reason in space. That would have been so much better than two years of BS.
    Yupppppppppppp

Hell, you can even have T'challa "wake up" from the reality gem manipulation by going, "where am I?"

You would get a double mystery... where is T'challa and then T'challa's internal mystery of "did I fix Wakanda?"

Also would have allowed Coates to have a year working on his comic writing ability without having to worry too much about continuity and such
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Don McGregor has a twitter?!?!?!!?
    Facebook
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator