Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Wonder who could be the villain for an enemy of the state adaptation. Any ideas?
    Completely drawing a blank lol unless they used another heroes villain, unfortunately most of T'Challas rogues are upsurpers. Bur right now all I can think is Maybe Hunter or a revamped version of hon who wants Wakanda to be isolated, Because they believe Wakanda is best when it Looks out for itself. Or Achebe could work that angle

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    Tbh Me to
    I had no idea BP would basically be a world wide sensation\phenomenon.
    Not me, it would take a ton of digging, but early on I said that BP 1 was going to do IM 3/ CW numbers based on the hype that T'chadwick received and how people were losing their minds on his debut. Folks thought o was shooting too high.. Turns out I was in the right ball park

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In terms of logical narrative, there's no way they didn't have the genome mapped and a bunch of seeds stored elsewhere.

In terms of the movies, I doubt we'll see them again. Like Cap, T'Challa's herb can be easily mass produced and this, dilutes his character. So they removed the ability to mass produce his powers
    Well, I don't believe anyone can just mass produce and become empowered like Panther. The herb still kills those who aren't worthy does it not? Then again, other tribes could've fought and had a fraction of a chance to become the Panther so maybe it lost the killing the unworthy ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I for one, remain quite pleased that the overwhelming success of the BP movie will forever be unfan bane from here on out.

No matter what stuff Koatesmonger pushes in the faux BP solo, fans of the actual BP mythos will always have this glorious movie to celebrate to moving forward.
    And to think some believe this doesn't put him as A List.
    This movie easily out him as a household name, we got communities coming together to help children are the movie, kids and adults crying when seeing the first part of the movie. A new handshake for people to use and of course "Wakanda Forever!"

With the other good things happening for BP all Koatesmonger can do is try desperately to leech off the power of this movie, and unless his Tchalla undergoes some serious revamps his run will come to an end finally so that we can get a true enthusiast (Evans, Redjack) and take him to the next level

As an example to follow up on the first movie, they could do the Gillis arc. Leave out the first half of the story since it was covered already and focus on the fake apartheid country and the Supremacists
    Last edited by Cville; 02-24-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Just got back from another screening and I may need intervention to stop this addictive behavior....

(Must catch Rumble... Must catch Rumble...)

So I came to this conclusion...

The bus driver drives along a stretch of highway and feels yet another familiar bump beneath his vehicle.

Groaning to himself he pulls over to the side of the road and gets out and looks under the rear tires shaking his head knowingly...

Bus Driver: "T'chaka is that you?"

T'chaka: "Yes, they just keep throwing me under here time and again... I mean I'm just trying to protect Wakanda why can't they understand this!"

Bus Driver: "I know right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Well, I don't believe anyone can just mass produce and become empowered like Panther. The herb still kills those who aren't worthy does it not? Then again, other tribes could've fought and had a fraction of a chance to become the Panther so maybe it lost the killing the unworthy ability.
    I don't believe that they established that it's lethal to those outside the bloodline, and killing the unworthy? Killmonger did just fine, so...

Incredible Member

I don't believe that they established that it's lethal to those outside the bloodline, and killing the unworthy? Killmonger did just fine, so...
    Killmonger is of the bloodline....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Killmonger is of the bloodline....
    True, but he's gotta be unworthy

At any rate, after Nakia swiped one, the group was discussing to whom to give it to. At no time was a bloodline issue brought up, as a possible obstacle. So I think it would have empowered anyone.

True, but he's gotta be unworthy

At any rate, after Nakia swiped one, the group was discussing to whom to give it to. At no time was a bloodline issue brought up, as a possible obstacle. So I think it would have empowered anyone.
    I think it's tied to the bloodline, but as we saw when T'Challa fought M'Baku, the tribes are all of Royal bloodline. So maybe outsiders can't take it like Priest's run difference being Wakandans are of the same bloodline that can take it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Wonder who could be the villain for an enemy of the state adaptation. Any ideas?
    The actual villains of the story were White Wolf and Achebe if I'm not mistaken. Not sure we're going to ever see a comic version of White Wolf after the way the BP movie ended, but Achebe works I guess.

I also wonder if Captain America will be around when the next BP movie is made, because I think he was a fairly big part of Enemy of the State. I guess they could sort of swap him with Bucky.

Excuse me, guys.

I have read Priest's run and read some of Hudlin's but didn't like it much. Are there any series you can recommend to get my BP fix?
    Superhero shows are trash

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The actual villains of the story were White Wolf and Achebe if I'm not mistaken. Not sure we're going to ever see a comic version of White Wolf after the way the BP movie ended, but Achebe works I guess.

I also wonder if Captain America will be around when the next BP movie is made, because I think he was a fairly big part of Enemy of the State. I guess they could sort of swap him with Bucky.
    Achebe might work, but I dunno. He needed the backing of Mephisto to do what he did.

I wonder who's gonna be the heavy. They need someone to match T'Challa in a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Excuse me, guys.

I have read Priest's run and read some of Hudlin's but didn't like it much. Are there any series you can recommend to get my BP fix?
    See Wakanda and Die (Secret Invasion)
    Peter Gillis has a good four parter.
    Mcgregor 6-18 (it's older so there is a lot of reading)
    David Liss (Man without fear(skip "fear itself" tie in)and Most Dagerous man alive)

Achebe might work, but I dunno. He needed the backing of Mephisto to do what he did.

I wonder who's gonna be the heavy. They need someone to match T'Challa in a fight
    Kraven was in the first part of that story.

But yeah... if we don't even have a solid villain for Enemy of the State, maybe that's not the best story to translate on the big screen for the second movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    I agree brother Majestic.

Black Panther's success as an expression of a beautiful and powerful depiction of Africa cannot be denied!

Only creators lacking in imagination or fools, will think stories about the degradation of Black Panther and/or Wakanda are interesting or 'cool'.

As an aside, I also want to say welcome back and that I continue to appreciate your presence on this forum.

Excelsior!

Daoud
    Agreed 100% brother Daoud.

T'Challa was always A-list to me just off of his pedigree as a character created by Kirby and Lee.

The massive success of the BP movie shows what happens when the BP mythos is exposed to a wider audience than notoriously fickle comic book fans.

We've heard time and time again how insular the online forums can be as regards appreciating or denigrating some characters who when exposed to a wider audience, garner much untainted and unapologetic praise.

If anything, Black Panther the movie and its attendant Box Office success has merely proven what anyone with a lick of sense already knew from day one.

T'Challa and Wakanda were always destined to be winners.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-24-2018 at 07:03 PM.