Black Panther isn’t just coming to rule the box office, he’s coming to top the Billboard charts.

The official soundtrack for Marvel’s latest, which was produced and curated by multi-Grammy winner Kendrick Lamar, is heading towards a No. 1 debut atop next week’s Billboard 200 album chart. Released on Feb. 9, Black Panther: The Album could end the week of Feb. 15 with more than 100,000 album units sold, according to forecasts.

Should this prediction prove true, the release will be only the second movie soundtrack to lead the charts in 2018 after The Greatest Showman.

Hype for the Black Panther soundtrack was fueled by the film’s official trailers, which tapped songs from Vince Staples, Run the Jewels, and Lamar. The full track list was revealed at the end of January with titles from Lamar, SZA, The Weeknd, ScHoolboy Q, Jorja Smith, and more.
    http://ew.com/music/2018/02/13/black...rd-chart-no-1/

That's the fun thing about this movie... marvel doesn't even need to promote it anymore (though obviously they will continue to do so and should) because it's taking a life on all it's own. It's breaking records and making news without even being out yet. Even if the movie doesn't do well (and from every indicator it obviously will do well), marvel almost has to do more black panther stuff because of the buzz it generates.

I think the interesting question now will be whether or not it can be sustained. The first BP movie is a hit... we can safely say that without it even debuting yet. But would a second and third BP movie be able to recapture this level of hype and excitement. And can that hype trickle down to other things (toys, books, video games, etc). But right now at least it looks like marvel has succeeded in creating another cash cow for themselves. They just need to milk it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    If he ends up doing this well (early tracking can sometimes be misleading, so I'm not 100% going by it YET), I wonder if he'll be pushed as the "new Tony Stark" in the MCU going forward. You know, the cash cow character that they really like to build the universe around.
    Generally, these trackings are usually LOWER then the actual numbers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

IMO this has been the best LEGO game to come out but I’m bias as they in the game’s story had three of my favs( Parker, Kamala & Jen )specifically go to Wakanda and team with T’Challa to take down Klaw

Priest expanded on his views on the movie before it returns to his original review. It's too long to quote.

http://lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=651

He was on set of Infinity War.
    http://lamerciepark.com/wp/wp-conten.../IMAG0177R.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Priest expanded on his views on the movie before it returns to his original review. It's too long to quote.

I've already said this a bunch of times in this thread, but I really HOPE this movie helps McGregor get the credit he deserves with the BP mythos. So much of what we see is because of him, but it seems as though his contribution is rarely acknowledged.

Incredible Member

Yall need to hurry and see this damn movie I want to talk about it so bad.

I've been reflecting how funny Shuri was. She clowned errbody!

spoilers:
    Also the way they used the heart shaped herb in the movie was very creative. I've always wondered how someone can challenged the Black Panther AFTER he has already eaten the herb because there would seem to be an unfair advantage.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Priest had an issue with T'Challa CW because he was not his BP and I agreed. For this movie:

Quote Originally Posted by Priest
    This is not my Black Panther– it is a young king who is still learning and thus still growing and thus capable of being surprised in ways my T’Challa never could.
    I also agree with that as well. I was concerned in CA:CW only because it was his first entry and so much had been taken from him before he even came on the scene but after this movie it will be fun to watch T'Challa grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post

spoilers:
    Also the way they used the heart shaped herb in the movie was very creative. I've always wondered how someone can challenged the Black Panther AFTER he has already eaten the herb because there would seem to be an unfair advantage.
    end of spoilers
    I wanted to go to London to watch it early. But the job was talking about cash problems and cut backs so I thought it was smart to save my money. lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I actually won't be watching the movie until mid-Spring Break because I'm filling in for a friend at a volunteer organization that's taking some kids to see it. It was strongly suggested we don't watch the movie until then

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I actually won't be watching the movie until mid-Spring Break because I'm filling in for a friend at a volunteer organization that's taking some kids to see it. It was strongly suggested we don't watch the movie until then
    My organization is taking the teenagers that we work with to see it on Monday. I just bought the tickets yesterday. I'm also going to see it on Friday with some friends.

Not sure if this has been posted here but WTF!!! https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-new-power/
    “‎There's no way to cheat a sensualist like me, somebody who can die laughing for hours over the pattern of the carpet in a hotel lobby.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's the fun thing about this movie... marvel doesn't even need to promote it anymore (though obviously they will continue to do so and should) because it's taking a life on all it's own. It's breaking records and making news without even being out yet. Even if the movie doesn't do well (and from every indicator it obviously will do well), marvel almost has to do more black panther stuff because of the buzz it generates.

I think the interesting question now will be whether or not it can be sustained. The first BP movie is a hit... we can safely say that without it even debuting yet. But would a second and third BP movie be able to recapture this level of hype and excitement. And can that hype trickle down to other things (toys, books, video games, etc). But right now at least it looks like marvel has succeeded in creating another cash cow for themselves. They just need to milk it properly.
    Marvel created this cash cow with the help of Stan and Jack 50 years ago, X-Pac. They just never tried milking it until now. The hype is just starting.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.