I think Chiwetel Ejiofor could have played a great T'Challa, but the outcome would have been the same imo. T'Challa was much more "badass" in CW because it wasn't necessarily about him, it was about Captain America. The protagonist has to have flaws and weaknesses because that's all apart of the hero journey. Black Panther is always going to be shown as vulnerable in his own movies because the lens is focused on him.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I think Chiwetel Ejiofor could have played a great T'Challa, but the outcome would have been the same imo. T'Challa was much more "badass" in CW because it wasn't necessarily about him, it was about Captain America. The protagonist has to have flaws and weaknesses because that's all apart of the hero journey. Black Panther is always going to be shown as vulnerable in his own movies because the lens is focused on him.
    Or for a similar comparison, Spider-Man in Civil War managed to hold his own against several Avengers but struggled against common thugs in his subsequent solo movie for 90% of the runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I feel guilty saying this, but I nearly died laughing when Chadwick uttered those lines to Killmonger in the movie.

No frak's were given by Erik and I was left remenbering all the empty threats T'Challa made to Namor during Hickman's New Avengers run.

Not a good look.

Moving forward, I sincerely hope the Russo's can bring the best out of Boseman in Avengers: Infinity War in much the same way as they did in CA:CW.

Ijs.
    Difference though is T'Challa actually followed through. I found that whole scene to be very powerful. And showing the quiet intimidation Tchalla has.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Difference though is T'Challa actually followed through. I found that whole scene to be very powerful. And showing the quiet intimidation Tchalla has.

Okoye was a lot more intimidating.

RoReedWrite absolutely got it when he pointed out the fact that Chiwetel Ejiofor exhudes the level of dark menace that T'Challa should have exhibited from AvX onwards.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 04-01-2018 at 07:28 PM.

During the curtain call for tonight's Jesus Christ Superstar Live In Concert on NBC, Brandon Victor Dixon (who played Judas) threw the Wakandan salute.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 04-01-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Okoye was a lot more intimidating.

RoReedWrite absolutely got it when he pointed out the fact that Chiwetel Ejiofor exhudes the level of dark menace that T'Challa should have exhibited from AvX onwards.
    On comic side? No doubt, I 100% agree. MCU? Chadwick Boseman is my Black Panther. His intimidation is calm and dangerous

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    During the curtain call for tonight's Jesus Christ Superstar Live In Concert on NBC, Brandon Victor Dixon (who played Judas) threw the Wakandan salute.

Welcome back my brother.

BANNED

On comic side? No doubt, I 100% agree. MCU? Chadwick Boseman is my Black Panther. His intimidation is calm and dangerous
    It's all good my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or for a similar comparison, Spider-Man in Civil War managed to hold his own against several Avengers but struggled against common thugs in his subsequent solo movie for 90% of the runtime.
    Winter Soldier was a pretty good example of that too. In his debut movie he was practically the Terminator at times. In Civil War he was still obviously formitable, but for a variety of reasons it just worked better storywise if he was in peril.

That aside, the hero vs hero fight in Civil War might not exactly be the best guage of any of these characters. In most instances at least one if not both parties are holding back and trying not to really hurt the other person. The major exception of course being T'Challa going after Winter Solider.

Black Panther 2: The Client

The J-man

Welcome back my brother.
    I'm not back for good. I'm just dropping a little trivia on a board where it might be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'm not back for good. I'm just dropping a little trivia on a board where it might be appreciated.
    Just letting you know BoG, I'm working on things on my end so that what happened doesn't happen again

BANNED

Just letting you know BoG, I'm working on things on my end so that what happened doesn't happen again
    Same here.

You should stay posting BoG especially as you're coming from a really genuine place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Black Panther 2: The Client

Tchalla romeing the alleys
    Peak Human
    Radio Shaq bombs

It's Black Panther Man without fear!!!

but on a serious note.
    I now agree with Maj on Bosemans lack of "menace". I didn't at first but then just saw this vifeo where he SHOULD look scary and pissed....and realized that it wasn't there. Just a serious face instead.

Still a Boseman fan tho.

New promotional banner for Avengers: Infinity War.