Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So you want Tchalla to be Storms: Q/Whistler/Microchip/Gambi
    I wonder if BP to some degree won't play that role when Coates writers his Storm book. This story perhaps acts as a backdoor pilot to the Storm solo book. Bp might be around to help explain,any power boost she's gotten.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I am wondering if they won't retcons the Wakandan God's to not be the Egyptian God's. It's a retcons, though it's a retcons of a retcons since the Panther god originally wasn't Bast.
    Heck they made Adversary masquerade as an African God.

If you want more of Black Panther and Storm going toe to toe and fist to fist with a Native Americanesque God, I suggest:

https://blackpantherfanstories.wordp...in-amerikanda/

https://blackpantherfanstories.wordp...rikanda-pt-ii/

Again, Storm is a character who has been thought of or referred to as a goddess since day one. This just makes that a little more literal. So it's not really that huge a step. If there was any character meant to become a goddess one day it likely would be her.
    Oh wow that makes perfect sense, "a guy made a offensive looking made up group of Africans refer to storm as a goddess, Wakanda actually has a goddess and uses the term loosely, do the obvious answer os to destroy said mythos history and insult the nation and the king by making a non Wakandan, and not franchise Character the new goddess of their nation by retconning their nations deities and asking a question thuy had no intention of answering and just fanfictioning crap into the mythos

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

The new Infinity War TV spot - Wakanda Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMn9xoxQxo
    Last edited by LastManStanding; 04-20-2018 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So you want Tchalla to be Storms: Q/Whistler/Microchip/Gambi
    If that's the role you feel BP played to this story, then yes. This is exactly the type of story I always wanted between these two. Granted, I never expected to have an African (Wakandan) Goddess out of the offer, but yes. This greatly reflects the types of stories I wanted for them. I know a lot will disagree, but I like. I'm aware that storylines like this should be reserved for a BP & Storm solo tho. I was just pointing out that this story fits the criteria that I laid out months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Lmao I will agree that this story isnt really appropriate for a BP solo, but my point still stands.
    I wonder if BP to some degree won't play that role when Coates writers his Storm book. This story perhaps acts as a backdoor pilot to the Storm solo book. Bp might be around to help explain,any power boost she's gotten.
    I'm truly hoping so. I see him as the type of man that would try and keep tabs on her missions just to be overprotective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Oh wow that makes perfect sense, "a guy made a offensive looking made up group of Africans refer to storm as a goddess, Wakanda actually has a goddess and uses the term loosely, do the obvious answer os to destroy said mythos history and insult the nation and the king by making a non Wakandan, and not franchise Character the new goddess of their nation by retconning their nations deities and asking a question thuy had no intention of answering and just fanfictioning crap into the mythos
    If he chooses to never answer the question of where the gods are I would agree that's a problem. But he's got at least another year, so if that issue is resolved later I don't think it's that big a deal.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-20-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    If that's the role you feel BP played to this story, then yes. This is exactly the type of story I always wanted between these two. Granted, I never expected to have an African (Wakandan) Goddess out of the offer, but yes. This greatly reflects the types of stories I wanted for them. I know a lot will disagree, but I like. I'm aware that storylines like this should be reserved for a BP & Storm solo tho. I was just pointing out that this story fits the criteria that I laid out months ago.

Lmao I will agree that this story isnt really appropriate for a BP solo, but my point still stands.

I'm truly hoping so. I see him as the type of man that would try and keep tabs on her missions just to be overprotective.
    Since they are dating again, and since Coates writes both books it makes sense for him to show up and help her out semi-regularly. Not unlike how she helped him out too.

I think it is disingenuous to call Storms upcoming book a solo.

It's likely 6 issues long, whether announced or otherwise lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Watch Coates retcon Bast to not being a real God and have Storm being more powerful than the Panther God. lol! The Black Panther mythos is freaking doomed! And Thor fans thought they had it bad?
    I am wondering if they won't retcons the Wakandan God's to not be the Egyptian God's. It's a retcons, though it's a retcons of a retcons since the Panther god originally wasn't Bast.
    He already has, with that "Orishas are humans powered up by prayer to defeat the Originators" BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

To be honest Storm should of never taken the title of deity period. Especially not for Wakanda. It adds insult to the mythos itself, Plus if anyone can become a deity by people having faith in them, then that further just drives the point that Tchalla should of been empowered rather then Storm.
    Oh, that gives me an idea of What Could Have Been™.

Imagine if, instead of recruiting Storm to play goddess, T'Challa had opened up that PokeBall and said "White Tiger God, I choose you!"

However, in order to get the WTG to fight for Wakanda (and wouldn't that have been a battle... primordial fear god vs ancient trickster spirit), BP has to agree act as _his_ champion, until such time as Bast returns. And because of this, T'Challa finds himself becoming more angry & violent, due to the Tiger God's influence. There could be an arc of T'challa wrestling with those feelings, finally confronting the WTG on the astral plane and proclaiming that he is champion of Wakanda, not of fear, and would rather have no powers at all than become what the Tiger God demanded.

And then it is revealed that the White Tiger God is, in fact, an aspect of the Panther God him/herself, and always has been, and the entire "disappearance" was merely a test to see if T'challa was worthy of becoming more than a merely a champion of the God, but an actual avatar.

My story would be that Gor was at their temple gates with his army, but to survive they had to cutoff contact with the human plane. To get back a mortal has to turn the keys in different areas of the spirit plane. Tchalla, the old man, and "insert youth he is mentoring"(Miles, new Power Man, or original WK metahuman).

I think it is disingenuous to call Storms upcoming book a solo.

It's likely 6 issues long, whether announced or otherwise lol.
    That's probably true. Most books Don't make it a year. It's a tough market. All marvel can so is keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    He already has, with that "Orishas are humans powered up by prayer to defeat the Originators" BS.
    So this goofy basically retconned a significant amount of Marvel's Egyptian God Pantheon too? Nice! And the Marvel editors ALLOWED this crap? They seems to be allowing anything these days. Because Marvel Gods are NOT the result of humans being powered by some silly prayer but are spawns of Elder Gods who existed outside of the universe iirc. Heck in Thanos recent run they further elaborate that Gods in Marvel are beyond what humans in comprehend with the Gods Quarry. Only hope is that the majority of writers flat out ignore what Coates has written.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I swear to god Storm is going to start acting like a mixed girl* in her first semester at an HBCU.

I expect to see her rocking an X-Clan medallion, beret, and a surplus jacket now**.

To be fair I am not a woman*, and I didn't go to an HBCU**, but otherwise that was totally me at 18.
    yooooooo I'm sending you my funeral expenses because I'm dead right now. (I went to an HBCU and that was hilariously spot on)

Most books Don't make it a year.
    That is false.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

That is false.
    You're certainly more optimistic that I am. But hopefully You're right and this next wave to newer marvel books stick around. It would be nice if newer stuff were given more of a chance. But because of how reliant data is based on prr- orders a lot of stuff are dead almost out of the gate.