Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    oh yeah. I've been twice. Once in 2015 for the full 4 days. I was working tho. Shooting an interest piece. I got the press passes for my team and was there coordinating the shots and helping with lighting so I didn't really get to enjoy too much. We were running around interviewing cosplayers and seeing what cool things we could shoot.

I did go again in 2016 too, but just for a day.

The parade is pretty awesome so many different creative costumes that people put a lot of time money and effort into. I thought I was super nerdy and than I went to Dragon Con and almost had my nerd card revoked. It is quite the event. If you love cosplay you'll love Dragon Con. They've got some pretty cool vendors from books to swords and other trinkets. They've got panels and wrestling events and a million other things etc. etc. etc. Also make sure to hang out for the late night events.

Definitely way more fan friendly than other conventions. Not corporatized like Comic Con.

I've been here for a lil ova 3 years now. I'm just north of the city. Hit traffic one day and decide to live close to work haha
    Cool, been here all my life..I'm in the East point/Hapeville area.. Yeah the traffic here is awful sadly

Ultimate Member

THe number one superhero trade on Amazon is Christoper Priest's Ultimate Black Panther collection volume 1

6 of the top 10 are Black Panther books.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...books_2_4_last

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    who complained about Chadwick's muscles?

I was happy with MBJ casting as soon as I saw Creed. Man can act
    Actually, it may have been his pecs... or both.

2.5 years ago, around the time Chadwick was cast.

He had naysayers here bc ppl wanted a "big" guy like Chris "big pecs" Evans.

Mind you, these were male posters.. not fangirls treating our poor guy like a piece of meat at Magic Mike

Don't underestimate the gutter'ness of this board, like BP's box office it can be phenomenal
    Last edited by Rumble; 02-23-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So how long till marvel comics dumb t'challa down and make shuri the one behind his suits lol
    Well, she's already been the Black Panther so probably no time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    THe number one superhero trade on Amazon is Christoper Priest's Ultimate Black Panther collection volume 1

6 of the top 10 are Black Panther books.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...books_2_4_last
    Hudlin's Run is criminally low on the list despite being on the top 30

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So how long till marvel comics dumb t'challa down and make shuri the one behind his suits lol
    A few pages back Nate Moore posted a tweet about Marvel trying that already, saying comic Shuri created the suit

And the hate for MBJ back then was rivaled only by Namor and Doom

How dare he go 1 for 2 against the GOAT superhero while establishing himself as GOAT villain

Incredible Member

A friend of mine won't see the movie because he thinks the lead looks like a weak Panther. Like any character could just run him over. I told him that Chadwick can act and sure he wasn't as "Big" as MBJ, but he does have the look and the acting chops to pull it off. I was pleased as I took it that this was a relatively new role for T'challa. He didn't seem to be King that long and maybe M'baku thought he could get him early on rather than later.

I wanted Killmonger to cheat to win that match though at the very least. He straight up took him down without to much trouble before he killed Zuri. To the point that Zuri needed to stop the match. I mean sure we don't what N'jobu taught a young Killmonger before he died, but his extent of knowledge about Wakanda and tradition was incredible.
    Last edited by Tmacaoni; 02-23-2018 at 06:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    A friend of mine won't see the movie because he thinks the lead looks like a weak Panther. Like any character could just run him over. I told him that Chadwick can act and sure he wasn't as "Big" as MBJ, but he does have the look and the acting chops to pull it off. I was pleased as I took it that this was a relatively new role for T'challa. He didn't seem to be King that long and maybe M'baku thought he could get him early on rather than later.

I wanted Killmonger to cheat to win that match though at the very least. He straight up took him down without to much trouble before he killed Zuri. To the point that Zuri needed to stop the match. I mean sure we don't what N'jobu taught a young Killmonger before he died, but his extent of knowledge about Wakanda and tradition was incredible.

The hero always loses the first fight, pop culture 101

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    A few pages back Nate Moore posted a tweet about Marvel trying that already, saying comic Shuri created the suit
    And that she had zero super powers in the same video lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hudlin's Run is criminally low on the list despite being on the top 30
    Sad but true & waaaayyy to much TNC trash on that list..

Lol @ not seeing the movie bc Chadwick's pecs aren't big enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post

MBJ and Chadwick were pretty much the same size. The scars make it seem like he has more mass. Go look at the b-roll footage
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    The hero always loses the first fight, pop culture 101
    T'Challa won the second fight without too much trouble.

To the point where he felt sorry for Erik and lil homie'd him up to see a sun set

Dude basically put a dagger in brehs chest then said, I'll do what your daddy could never do

Bbb-but his pecs!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Lol @ not seeing the movie bc Chadwick's pecs aren't big enough

I’m forever haunted because during my second viewing the lady sitting behind me got real excited during the scene where T’Challa walks up the ramp in Shuri’s lab to meet W’Kabi there’s a shot where it lingers on Chadwick’s ass and right behind me I hear “Mmmmmmm look at that suit ride that booty”

It was like that scene from The Simpson’s where Ned tells Homer about his ski suit and I’m Homer