Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Hell yea, that's what they should do lol. They gotta have fun with this movie. I'm a big proponent of fun.
    Well, luckily, that has become synonymous with Marvel Studios movies.

The last thing we have to worry about is fun
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I felt that way as soon as they replaced young justice with the teen titans show a few years back... b/c the YJ toys didn't sell toys, despite the show being a throw back to the mature-themed Batman/Superman/JLU TAS shows. Not to mention axing A:EMH with the stuff they got now on DisneyXD. Those were my wake up calls.

With the internet forum stuff... i personally prefer to just chime in on a serious topic once every few days and keep it moving, otherwise i'm lookin for some movie news, optimism, or at least fun(ny) musings on here.

...bc we already know where everyone stands on storm, doomwar, coates, ewing, hickman, hudlin, priest, shuri, bast, etc. So most of those retreads i avoid like dogeball. unless i want to just be an ass and talk about how action packed Blue Marvel's monthly adrenaline pumping encyclopedic dissertations are... the michael bay of verbs and nomenclatures overwhelming my senses
    New philosophy on life... hakuna t'challa

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Write now Coates could have written literal dog **** and he'd have the apologist umbrella of "well clearly dog **** sells well, so if it aint broke..." ... even tho those initial sales were a byproduct of a crazy -unprecedented, unexpected- marketing effort that got the comic industry bait hook and bit for issue 1.
    Why is it so hard to believe that even beyond Coates well earned reputation, that some people actually like the book? Ultimatum sold well, but that got trashed on from jump. Barely anyone defended it.

Sometimes, like Bendis Avengers, a drastic shift can be liked. From the other comic book circles I talk to, it's either getting good or mixed reviews. And yes, the mixed reviews tend to come from older BP fans.

Also, I get that Coates is in a different circle than most people in this thread interact with, but the man does have a following. Even his twitter account has twice as many followers than the amount of people who bought BP #1. For good reason; his non-fiction work has gotten critical praise the world over. Supreme Court Judge Sotomayor quoted him in a legendary dissent recently. His recent book was praised to the moon by legends like Toni Morrison. So yeah, my clear bias towards him comes from his work outside of comics.

The marketing was based around three things: a post-SW direction for one of SW's main characters, Civil War build up, and Coates' name. He literally is the biggest name on Marvel's writing roster, as Hudlin was before him. We'll see if sales last, and I get that the book isn't folks' cup of tea, but I think the downplaying is a bit extreme.
    Last edited by Double 0; 06-21-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

The marketing was based around three things: a post-SW direction for one of SW's main characters, Civil War build up, and Coates' name. He literally is the biggest name on Marvel's writing roster, as Hudlin was before him. We'll see if sales last, and I get that the book isn't folks' cup of tea, but I think the downplaying is a bit extreme.
    Yeah, I agree with this.

Sales WILL continue to decline because its comics and that is what happens.

But.... #2 sold better than all other#2's from solo heroes other than Amazing Spider-Man. More than Bendis Iron Man, movie push Strange... everyone.

And CA: CW likely didn't do much sales wise.

March Iron Man: 51.7K
    April Iron Man: 46.5K
    May Iron Man: 49.3

March Ant-Man: 20.3K
    April Ant-Man: 24.1K
    May Ant-Man: 20.7K

March Falcap: 54.8K
    April Falcap: 31K
    May Falcap: 27.4K

March Avengers: 52.6K
    April Avengers: 51.9K
    May Avengers: 52.2K

What are teh issues of Jungle Action with T'challa again? I think I found them.

And hell... does anyone mind posting T'challa's runs with the Avengers (or whatever team book)?

And the F4 run was just that one trade, The New Fantastic Four, right? (like 544-550 or something)?

Why is it so hard to believe that even beyond Coates well earned reputation, that some people actually like the book? Ultimatum sold well, but that got trashed on from jump. Barely anyone defended it.
    Hey now... i'm not sayin people don't like the book. I'm just sayin he could've wrote canine feces and people would've been IN for the first few issues b/c of the successful marketing campaign. And some would be sayin that canine feces is apparently hot in the streets, as a result.

I've been sayin this all this time...every single time lol. I just haven't been as carefully worded and nice about it. Partly b/c of boredom, partly b/c of this:

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    But I think I give BM's inner monologues and Zenzi's chances of true love a tougher time than i do Coates tho.. we all know she's just a place holder in bp's heart until black swan comes back. Coates at least has a chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And CA: CW likely didn't do much sales wise.

March Iron Man: 51.7K
    April Iron Man: 46.5K
    May Iron Man: 49.3

March Ant-Man: 20.3K
    April Ant-Man: 24.1K
    May Ant-Man: 20.7K

March Falcap: 54.8K
    April Falcap: 31K
    May Falcap: 27.4K

March Avengers: 52.6K
    April Avengers: 51.9K
    May Avengers: 52.2K
    I think BP and Cap: Steve Rogers benefited the most, since they were #1 issues and making a return to prominence as solo leads, all around the same time the movie train was putting them front and center in everyone's face to supplement the comic hype and ANAD creative direction. Throw in a 50th anniversary with more variant covers than a bag of skittles, and the comic book community loves to jump at such things.

Hey now... i'm not sayin people don't like the book. I'm just sayin he could've wrote canine feces and people would've been IN for the first few issues b/c of the successful marketing campaign. And some would be sayin that canine feces is apparently hot in the streets, as a result.

I've been sayin this all this time...every single time lol. I just haven't been as carefully worded and nice about it. Partly b/c of boredom, partly b/c of this:

But I think I give BM's inner monologues and Zenzi's chances of true love a tougher time than i do Coates tho.. we all know she's just a place holder in bp's heart until black swan comes back. Coates at least has a chance of success.

But seriously. I think th best thing we can do is wait for Ultimates to come out so we (hopefully) have something else to talk about. The whole conversation about Cotes run is going in circles and as its been said before, everyone has already taken a side, Some dislike it straight up, some are in the middle and trying to be positive, and some like it straight up. Neither side will probably budge until the arc gets past the build up stage and gets rolling.

Sometimes, like Bendis Avengers, a drastic shift can be liked. From the other comic book circles I talk to, it's either getting good or mixed reviews. And yes, the mixed reviews tend to come from older BP fans.

Also, I get that Coates is in a different circle than most people in this thread interact with, but the man does have a following. Even his twitter account has twice as many followers than the amount of people who bought BP #1. For good reason; his non-fiction work has gotten critical praise the world over. Supreme Court Judge Sotomayor quoted him in a legendary dissent recently. His recent book was praised to the moon by legends like Toni Morrison. So yeah, my clear bias towards him comes from his work outside of comics.

For what it's worth, I think the book so far us pretty good. The art and writing are as good if not better than anything on the shelf at the moment IMO. And I think critically at least it's been well received.

The books not bad. It's simply not what everyone necessarily wants. But no book can make everyone happy all the time. The most you can do is get enough people happy to generate solid sales. And thus far this book has done that and then some. Whether or not it can maintain that is a different matter.

unless i want to just be an ass and talk about how action packed Blue Marvel's monthly adrenaline pumping encyclopedic dissertations are... the michael bay of verbs and nomenclatures overwhelming my senses

But I think I give BM's inner monologues and Zenzi's chances of true love a tougher time than i do Coates tho..
    shhhhhhh, just relax and drift to your happy place as BM whispers sweet nothings to you...

Oh... Sorry, then. This defending stuff is starting to become reflexive.

LOL
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Black Panther #6

T’Challa’s failures as king are revealed to the UNITED NATIONS!
    • Ayo and Aneka, the Midnight Angels, are courted by Tetu and The People to raise Wakanda to glory, but at what price?
    • The storyline that has critics raving and retailers selling out continues!
    I can feel the storm coming on this thread based on the sypnosis
    Last edited by Dboi654; 06-21-2016 at 09:07 AM.