I just read the Avengers FCBD issue.

spoilers:
    Anyone else find it kinda funny how in the latest issue of BP T'Challa has this long speech about how he's just a man and can't kill a god but soon after a god is trying to convince him to kill another god?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by The Other SpiderMan; 05-07-2018 at 01:25 PM.

spoilers:
    if need be, I'd rather M'baku become king than Shuri touch the throne. They took away from T'Challa's character just to benefit hers and after killmonger, I don't want to see anyone else wear a BP suit until they establish his character (since the solo opted to establish wakanda instead) and he starts resembling comicbook T'Challa.

I hope the MCU's goal with T'Challa isn't to make him as redundant as possible
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 05-07-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It was only for 24 hours I do believe.

Star Wars fan are going to Star Wars. No matter how much they whine about TLJ... they will still show up lol.

It won't touch BP's opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly, I think given how BP is also benefitting from IW as well, BP will slightly edge out IW. It will be close but I think BP will hold it. Sharp drops like that usually stay consistent

Edit: what I find interesting right now, is how BP is the new standard for if something is doing good in terms of ticket sales. According to Fandango, Solo has outpaced BP for pretickets. However, I honestly don't see Solo outdoing BP's opening, too much competition and Folks have been Chopping at that movie since day one. It will do good, but it won't touch BP.
    Honestly, the BP comparison with Solo felt like they were trying to spin a positive. Star Wars presales are notoriously high. While we don't have the exact figures, we know that Infinity War only beat Rogue One's presales a little before Infinity War's release. Black Panther never beat Rogue One's presales, yet opened almost $50m higher. Infinity War never beat TLJ or TFA's presales yet had the highest opening weekend. The fact that Solo wasn't compared to Rogue One's presales suggests that the fervor isn't quite there for this one... yet. It'll still do good numbers, because General Audiences won't care and a lot of stubborn Star Wars fans are going to bite as we get closer to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    BP #1 variant covers

Jamal Campbell

Mike Deodato
    Dope covers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Same reason the Dora Milaje speak Hausa. Wakanda has always been very inconsistent with being nailed down to a specific area of Africa. I would argue Baast really doesn't make sense unless we have very little understanding of the distances involved. Although my biggest complaint about the second arc is we really didn't get to explore the Orishas much at all, so I can't comment on them very much.
    The Doras speaking Hausa never made much sense to me. But that is a good point. And considering how massive ancient Egypt was, Baast stll makes more sense than Orishas, with or without an understanding of distance.
    spoilers:
    if need be, I'd rather M'baku become king than Shuri touch the throne. They took away from T'Challa's character just to benefit hers and after killmonger, I don't want to see anyone else wear a BP suit until they establish his character (since the solo opted to establish wakanda instead) and he starts resembling comicbook T'Challa.

I hope the MCU's goal with T'Challa isn't to make him as redundant as possible
    end of spoilers
    I agree with everything you said.

spoilers:
    But this does seem like a prime opportunity to have two Black Panthers in the MCU as it once were in the MU proper. Even if its for brief moment, Tchalla being dusted could serve as the MCU’s equivalent to being comatosed allowing for Shuri to suit up. Not that I would want to see that happen but it could if IW has any impact on Tchalla’s ability to be Black Panther
    end of spoilers

BP #1 variant covers

Jamal Campbell

Mike Deodato
    They need to get rid of this necklace thingey Stelfreeze added to the suit

It never looks good. They should just go back to the regular beads
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Honestly, the BP comparison with Solo felt like they were trying to spin a positive. Star Wars presales are notoriously high. While we don't have the exact figures, we know that Infinity War only beat Rogue One's presales a little before Infinity War's release. Black Panther never beat Rogue One's presales, yet opened almost $50m higher. Infinity War never beat TLJ or TFA's presales yet had the highest opening weekend. The fact that Solo wasn't compared to Rogue One's presales suggests that the fervor isn't quite there for this one... yet. It'll still do good numbers, because General Audiences won't care and a lot of stubborn Star Wars fans are going to bite as we get closer to release.

Dope covers.
    Well considering BP knocked out TLJ for in total gross sales. Honestly They are probably trying to get any win they can.

I honestly feel underwhelmed by the movie all together. It just doesn't make sense to me considering Han was already young in the original trilogy.

They should of went with the Kenobi movie instead

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    They need to get rid of this necklace thingey Stelfreeze added to the suit

It never looks good. They should just go back to the regular beads
    look at my picture by my name that's what they need to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well considering BP knocked out TLJ for in total gross sales. Honestly They are probably trying to get any win they can.

I honestly feel underwhelmed by the movie all together. It just doesn't make sense to me considering Han was already young in the original trilogy.

They should of went with the Kenobi movie instead
    Completely agreed on the Kenobi movie, especially while Ewan McGregor is the right age for it. Han is supposedly 29 in the original film, and I think he's supposed to be about 22-24 here. I'm really only interested in it for Chewie, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton.

Yeah, dont think i ever said "i need a solo prequel"

Lando is actually a more interesting character prequel wise.

I might catch it on netflix lol

And yeah... id be all aboard a kenibo movie. All i care about are the force users anyway
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    The Doras speaking Hausa never made much sense to me. But that is a good point. And considering how massive ancient Egypt was, Baast stll makes more sense than Orishas, with or without an understanding of distance.

I agree with everything you said.

spoilers:
    But this does seem like a prime opportunity to have two Black Panthers in the MCU as it once were in the MU proper. Even if its for brief moment, Tchalla being dusted could serve as the MCU’s equivalent to being comatosed allowing for Shuri to suit up. Not that I would want to see that happen but it could if IW has any impact on Tchalla’s ability to be Black Panther
    end of spoilers
    The Doras spoke Hausa so that they and T'Challa could have privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, dont think i ever said "i need a solo prequel"

Lando is actually a more interesting character prequel wise.

I might catch it on netflix lol

And yeah... id be all aboard a kenibo movie. All i care about are the force users anyway
    Rogue one was alright, but that is about as far as j would go for non force user's.

Kenobi works because we have seen him as the hermit ben, we saw him. As the young teacher to Anakin, and now Ewan can match it up well

I don't think this thread title should change till BP 2 comes out
    The J-man

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    That was awesome. When they first fought did both of them have the herb?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark