Page 123 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 23731131191201211221231241251261271331732236231123 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 77781
    BANNED

Doomwar served no purpose. All it did was deconstruct. remove Vibranium. All Avx X did was kill Wakandans and Storm and Black Panther's marriage.

Jury's out to what Original Sins will accomplish.

"However, it's worth noting that IMDB has filled a couple intriguing background roles in the movie: an “Asgardian” that isn't Chris Hemsworth's God of Thunder, and a “Klaue Mercenary.” The latter role is most interesting given that it indicates the Nazi commander Colonel Fritz Klaue, from Marvel Comics, will appear in the movie. The villainous character not only has loose ties to Baron von Strucker (who is played by Andy Serkis' King Kong co-star Thomas Kretschmann), but his son Ulysses Klaw is a primary archenemy to Black Panther and his African nation of Wakanda, which is also said to pop up in Avengers: Age of Ultron. "

movie news
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    All Avx X did was kill Wakandans and Storm and Black Panther's marriage.
    No. Not even close. Storm/BP was one of the changes but AvX changed a bunch on the X side especially.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Doomwar served no purpose. All it did was deconstruct. remove Vibranium. All Avx X did was kill Wakandans and Storm and Black Panther's marriage.

All AvX did was just "be bad". Period.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    movie news
    Can't anyone put stuff in IMDB?

I won't get my hopes up until I see something concrete.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D. Strong View Post
    All AvX did was just "be bad". Period.
    When Ciopel, Hickman and Cho can't help you then you know things is all bad

It did deconstruct, but that pretty much WAS the purpose.

Deconstruction is the vehicle used to tell stories. Sometimes you need to break eggs to make an omlette. From Doom War we got Dlaws of the Panther and Liss' Man Without Fear BP run.

AvX was essentially closure for an entire era of Marvel. It was the opposing bookend to the era of marvel that began with Disassembled and House of M. They wanted to end a lot of those dangling issues and give a sort of fresh start for Marvel Now. AvX was the story which did that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It did deconstruct, but that pretty much WAS the purpose.

Deconstruction is the vehicle used to tell stories. Sometimes you need to break eggs to make an omlette. From Doom War we got Dlaws of the Panther and Liss' Man Without Fear BP run.

AvX was essentially closure for an entire era of Marvel. It was the opposing bookend to the era of marvel that began with Disassembled and House of M. They wanted to end a lot of those dangling issues and give a sort of fresh start for Marvel Now. AvX was the story which did that.
    It being intended deconstruction doesn't make it any less awful and unnecessary. Especially when said deconstruction comes about due to the writer's flawed perception of a character being "perfect", when in reality and historically he's been anything BUT that. It screams a case of "Did Not Do Research" combined with a case of just plain willful ignorance. Stop trying to find a silver line by making excuses for a poor decision that turned out to be a colossal blunder. One that has been slowly rectified. The whole thing was unnecessary. Especially when you look at how quickly other writers tried to ignore what happened.
    Last edited by Ajala; 07-14-2014 at 05:56 PM.

It being intended deconstruction doesn't make it any less awful and unnecessary. Especially when said deconstruction comes about due to the writer's flawed perception of a character being "perfect", when in reality and historically he's been anything BUT that. It screams a case of "Did Not Do Research" combined with a case of just plain willful ignorance.
    Whether or not it was aweful is obviously subjective (I personally thought Doom War was pretty good). I'm just addressing the issue that there was a purpose behind it. It was the vehicle used to tell stories about the characters.

When did the writer ever say the character was perfect?

BANNED

It being intended deconstruction doesn't make it any less awful and unnecessary. Especially when said deconstruction comes about due to the writer's flawed perception of a character being "perfect", when in reality and historically he's been anything BUT that. It screams a case of "Did Not Do Research" combined with a case of willful ignorance.
    lol. Deconstruction is usually done to rebuild or place something with something new and improved in its place.

BP was king of an advanced nation that owned the most rare metal on earth..what is he now by comparison?
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 07-14-2014 at 06:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Whether or not it was aweful is obviously subjective (I personally thought Doom War was pretty good). I'm just addressing the issue that there was a purpose behind it. It was the vehicle used to tell stories about the characters.

When did the writer ever say the character was perfect?
    I'll try to find the interview. He basically alluded to the fact that he felt that BP was too flawless, unsmudged, and squeaky-clean. Which was a major red flag, when I read it.

BANNED

@Xpac

Regardless of whether I agree with your perception of Maberry's Doomwar or not, you do for the most part, provide an alternative viewpoint that can be jarring to most but nonetheless remains relevant to this thread.

If everyone posted the same way, things would be boring.

I find your posting style interesting and would be sad to see you stop contributing to this thread.

Make of that what you will.

BANNED

Now I feel bad. I was trying to diss Doomwar and circular arguments more than anything else.

#failed/

BANNED

Now I feel bad. I was trying to diss Doomwar and circular arguments more than anything else.

#failed/
    But you overplayed your hand with the hypocrite/troll Gifs though.

Like I said previously, I don't always agree with dudes BP related viewpoints but I do enjoy reading (and responding to) them.