Page 133 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 33831231291301311321331341351361371431832336331133 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 77781
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ajala View Post
    She's held it since 2009, and still holds it. And "yes".
    I see. Alright. Then Storm isn't the first. But I'm fine with it since I like Shuri too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I see. Alright. Then Storm isn't the first. But I'm fine with it since I like Shuri too.
    It took me a bit, but I grew to like Shuri as well.

BANNED

It took me a bit, but I grew to like Shuri as well.
    When I like BP, I like Wakanda and all but I like the Dora Milaje more than Shuri though.

BANNED

When I like BP, I like Wakanda and all but I like the Dora Milaje more than Shuri though.
    The Doras are one of my favorite things about the mythos, actually. Kick-butt warrior women that are a tribute to a kick butt group of women? What's not to like?

BANNED

The Doras are one of my favorite things about the mythos, actually. Kick-butt warrior women that are a tribute to a kick butt group of women? What's not to like?
    Aha aha!

Do they actually have an individual name?

Shuri is the first, Storm the second (and the first "non-Legacy" black female solo series)

BANNED

Aha aha!

Do they actually have an individual name?
    Do who? The Dora? Yeah, they still keep their birth names.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Marvel's got a number of things laying around...

It's possible they might have revived the Runaways project they put on hold to focus on the Cap/Avengers/IM sequels. There's a Silver Surfer script that's been floating around since the 90's. Cloak and Dagger almost had a show. Night Thrasher...

Plus, it's always possible that Disney has been poking around Marvel's more obscure properties. I mean, who would have thought that Big Hero 6 would get a movie? Yet here we are...
    Silver Surfer is owned by fox
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Black Panther fans, how many issues did Shuri hold the title as Black Panther and do you consider her as the first black female superhero to have her own ongoing?
    Storm is the First Black Princess of Marvel (not too sure if someone else came before her)

But Yes Shuri is the first Black Princess to have a solo and she is still Queen of Wakanda.
    I didn't dislike Shuri, but waiting to get to know her.
    Would still love some further development.

This is why i would love more than one Panther Book in the Wakanda Franchise
    cause that way we actually get to know Some of the dora's and Hatut Zeraze.
    The only one i know were from priest run and mistress fighting Anke other than that zilch
    Last edited by StormXPantherQueenSaga; 07-21-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: cuz i can

BANNED

Do who? The Dora? Yeah, they still keep their birth names.
    I mean do they have their own names? Because Dora Milaje is like a a general term for them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Are there any African American writers working today in comics (or even outside comics) that have expressed an interest in writing black panther? I ask because I think it's only a matter of time before marvel announces one of the releases dates they trademarked so for a black panther movie and that a comic book is sure to coincide with it soon after
    the dude thats doing the stand in art for she hulk would probably be the favorite to get the job but B.P is the most iconic black superhero, many Black writers would be very interested in writing a B.P comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    If Marvel would push Panther like they're desperately pushing the Guardians of the Galaxy nonsense (imo) then they wouldn't have to try to turn falcon into Captain America. I'm not a falcon fan but who will be falcon now? there's GOTG toys, Video game appearances in major fighting games, Their own facebook game/app, non stop posts on twitter and face book ect ect plus the movie ofcourse.
    I'm just not a fan of race changing characters when you have great minority characters that you refuse to give a real push to.
    having a black cap isn't so much about giving a black hero so much as generating controversy and therefore interest in captain america. Marvel will get positive press like they got from Ultimate Spiderman and cap sale will get a boost and in a few months they will return to the status quo.
    Last edited by Zuri; 07-21-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    the dude thats doing the stand in art for she hulk would probably be the favorite to get the job but B.P is the most iconic black superhero, many Black writers would be very interested in writing a B.P comic.
    I know he's the only black person working at Marvel right now but god his art sucks I wouldn't want that anywhere near a BP book.

Has he ever written anything?
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I know he's the only black person working at Marvel right now but god his art sucks I wouldn't want that anywhere near a BP book.

Has he ever written anything?
    his art is ok he pushed it a little to the abstract for she hulk... he writes prince of cats

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Marvel's got a number of things laying around...

Plus, it's always possible that Disney has been poking around Marvel's more obscure properties. I mean, who would have thought that Big Hero 6 would get a movie? Yet here we are...
    Obscure properties have LESS baggage and red tape.

Lets say you wanted to do Eli Bradley, Rocket Racer or Vibraxas-you can do them and not mention Captain America, Spider-Man or Black Panther. Nor have battles over what to do in their films. You can cast whoever you want and not have a battle.

Now try that with say Wonder Woman and you see the results.

Animated wise they have too many weapons-they could do Masterpiece Theater and showcase one character an episode.

Black Panther fans, how many issues did Shuri hold the title as Black Panther and do you consider her as the first black female superhero to have her own ongoing?
    Could you make a case for Martha Washington or was that a mini series? If we are talking all comics?

Marvel
    Monica (Proton) is the first one to get a one shot
    Shuri is really the first
    Storm is the second but first Non legacy one and would be the first black female to have a mini
    Misty Knight would be the second one