Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thats not what im saying though. Look at what Hudlin did. He told stories fun stories that got the sales and fans enjoyed it. Im not saying Coates needs to tell excatly what fans demand, but if he wrote a intriguing story about T'Challa confronting the rest of the world for what the Cabal did, or just a story in general that portrays him as the confident supergenius we all know he is, that is competent. Im sure that could be done without chasing the sales. He just has to want to do it, and thats what i hope he decides to do after this arc because this can be very damaging to T'Challas image if he doesn't end this correctly
    The BP movie being terrible would do way worse.

BP survived Doomwar, Age of Ultron, and other stuff, and has only risen. I want more classic BP stuff, and with the sales the way they are right now, we may get space for them soon enough.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I just don't get what people are so sour about. Oh well, that new Ultimates solicit looks fantastic.
    You don't get why people don't like the story being told, even though multiple people have gone in depth (multiple times) about what they dislike about the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    It would destroy the character if it was the first "terrible" MCU movie.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It made it to ramonda desk.who is likely second in command at this point.

Us VP doesnt hear stuff like that.

This isnt real life.
    It made it to Ramada's desk because a Dora was involved. Odds are good if a member of the secret service did something comparable people higher on the food chain would need to in... though again not necessarily the president.

And yes this is fiction... point being fictional world leaders can be similar to real life world leaders in this regard. Sometimes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Most advanced nations think they're better than everyone else. But honestly in fiction and in real life that's seldom the case. People are imperfect ... having taller buildings and greener cars unfortunately doesn't change that. It's not Utopia ... Wakandans are still human being with very human social and political problems. If that point wasn't made clear in McGregor run I think we're seeing it pretty clearly now.
    Nobody said it was a Utopia and nobody has been asking for that. Bad things happen in Wakanda, that's nothing new, what people have a problem with is the bad things being chalked up to T'Challa being incompetent and things not being fixed because he's distracted. As someone else mentioned earlier we saw in Priest run that T'Challa flew across the globe to make things right after a charity he started went corrupt and murdered a child.

The issue people also have is that we're sick and tired of the "Wakanda in turmoil" stories being done with no proper resolution. Coates was given a Wakanda with an even brighter future and he chose to ignore that to do more of the same crap that people had been saying they were tired of MONTHS before the book was even announced.

BANNED

I don't think they are putting up with anything. They are just crumbing under the weight of the situation, which has led to leaks. Like those bandits, and Tetu's forces.

It would be really weird to sell the idea that everything crime related is under control in the midst of a near coup level revolt. With a ruler still reeling from multiple tragedies. Do I wish the crimes were different? Yeah

If there was anytime to work something this extreme, this context would be it. If there was anything that would cause Doras to not only go rogue, but take matters into their own hands, this context would be one of them. In a normal Wakanda, none of this should be happening. And I'd be astonished if a writer decided it was ok.

But that's not what Coates is doing. This isn't a normal Wakanda. It's a Wakanda three massive catastrophes deep, with more coming.

(And yes, the fact that we haven't seen a normal Wakanda in like 7 years real time is really bad, hence why I keep saying I hope there's enough sales for a second BP that has a more classic take)
    Well that is the problem. I am tired of Wakanda on the ropes. I want Wakanda and T'Challa ascendant not taking Ls. That is one thing Hickman did right. Reed was going to ride in there like a white savior with his NeoLiberal Ideas. T'Challa said nope bro already fixed the economy Wakanda is not not solely dependent on Vibranium. We hit rock bottom a while ago and have been drilling through bedrock since Doom War in my book. The hole is already deep enough lets rise back out. We don't need another run and several more years wasted on T'Challa and Wakanda mired in dung. Thanks to T'Challa using the Infinity Gauntlet, Hickman at least had the decency to leave the next writer free to take the character in any direction. This isn't like Liss where Coates was forced to choose this direction. He chose to go Boko Haram on us and keep digging the hole.

Ugh I mean its one thing to have T'Challa need new tech and stuff to take Thanos or Dr. Doom but him need new tech to take on Goon Slam ???? Whatever you guys call him is a bridge too far. Just bring back Killmonger at that point.
    Last edited by JediKage; 06-21-2016 at 03:49 PM.

It made it to Ramada's desk because a Dora was involved. Odds are good if a member of the secret service did something comparable people higher on the food chain would need to in... though again not necessarily the president.
    It was brought to their attention before the Dora's took action on their own. It's stated in the book that they went through proper channels and nothing was done. They're consistently shown as saying people were turning a blind eye to what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thats not what im saying though. Look at what Hudlin did. He told stories fun stories that got the sales and fans enjoyed it. Im not saying Coates needs to tell excatly what fans demand, but if he wrote a intriguing story about T'Challa confronting the rest of the world for what the Cabal did, or just a story in general that portrays him as the confident supergenius we all know he is, that is competent. Im sure that could be done without chasing the sales. He just has to want to do it, and thats what i hope he decides to do after this arc because this can be very damaging to T'Challas image if he doesn't end this correctly
    Hudlin told whatever stories he wanted, to hell with whatever the internet said about them, and they sold well. And Coates, at this point as least, is doing the same. Like Hudlin Coates has his share of critics... but as long as his sales are strong, he has all the justification in the world to tell the story he wants to tell. Of course we're only 2 issues in so that may change... we'll see.

BP survived Doomwar, Age of Ultron, and other stuff, and has only risen. I want more classic BP stuff, and with the sales the way they are right now, we may get space for them soon enough.
    That would be embarrassing. The first Marvel Studios movie with a black lead turns out to be the worst mcu movie

The thought of it gives me nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Speaking of TV...

wtf is this?

what cartoon is that???
    Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers.

It was an anime collaboration between Walt Disney Japan and Toei Animation (Dragonball, One Piece, Digimon, etc.) done back in 2014 and featured these toyetic "disks" that let a group of kids summon Marvel heroes to attack bad guys basically. Because you need to sell toys .

It was never aired over here, even though it was actually dubbed, and the dub only aired in Singapore I believe. Probably because it didn't pander to or try to mimic the movies as much as the cartoons airing at the time did.

I mean, The Wasp was a main character, there was a whole arc starring the X-Men, several Deadpool episodes, Hank Pym isn't an old man, and Luke Cage and Iron Fist weren't teenagers (which isn't movie pandering, but it's what the characters are like on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon).

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    It was brought to their attention before the Dora's took action on their own. It's stated in the book that they went through proper channels and nothing was done. They're consistently shown as saying people were turning a blind eye to what was going on.
    She said the chieftans actions were known... I think it might be a reach to assume that it was known to T'Challa and his mom.

They may have gone through proper channels... I'm merely saying proper channels for a crime of this nature might not actually mean T'Challa. I'd assume that sort of thing is generally deletaged to someone a bit lower on the chain of command. At least until a Dora was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers.

It was an anime collaboration between Walt Disney Japan and Toei Animation (Dragonball, One Piece, Digimon, etc.) done back in 2014 and featured these toyetic "disks" that let a group of kids summon Marvel heroes to attack bad guys basically. Because you need to sell toys .

It was never aired over here, even though it was actually dubbed, and the dub only aired in Singapore I believe. Probably because it didn't pander to or try to mimic the movies as much as the cartoons airing at the time did.

I mean, The Wasp was a main character, there was a whole arc starring the X-Men, several Deadpool episodes, Hank Pym isn't an old man, and Luke Cage and Iron Fist weren't teenagers (which isn't movie pandering, but it's what the characters are like on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon).
    The cartoon basically turned the Avengers into Pokemon. Not surprised it never made it's way here.

BANNED

I say it was more Digimon from what I saw. But sure not a good take.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    That would be embarrassing. The first Marvel Studios movie with a black lead turns out to be the worst mcu movie

The thought of it gives me nightmares
    Seriously man.

The thought of me walking out of a Black Panther movie with my head down....

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The cartoon basically turned the Avengers into Pokemon. Not surprised it never made it's way here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I say it was more Digimon from what I saw. But sure not a good take.
    Given the Marvel cartoons we had on at the time in 2014, I would have gladly taken it as an alternative in-spite of its blatant merchandising .