Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOw exactly does it refute my arguement? Really I'm not entirely sure what your arguement is beyond the notion that T'Challa shouldn't do anything expect fight on the front lines in a fight. Which frankly is incredibly limiting for a character with his varied talents.

That's not my argument at all. Which is what happens when responses are full on spin. The point was that he should be Wakanda's most powerful weapon, not just a asset who sits in a room like real life leaders do.
    There are literary tropes that show many, many examples of this. As The Hero and protagonist of his book, he should not be in a bunker, while others fight. That has never been black panther and is fairly recent, with writers adding unnecessary realism into the equation.

In fiction there is no need for him to be placed in a box. You are limiting him, not me. I'm saying he can make a plan and use his mind and at the same time execute the plan...instead of the wack bs we saw in this issue with the crew, the 7th disappointment of this run.
    Last edited by Victor Freeman; 10-19-2016 at 05:09 PM.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Read it in-store.
    Still meh for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    That's not my argument at all. Which is what happens when responses are full on spin. The point was that he should be Wakanda's most powerful weapon, not just a asset who sits in a room like real life leaders do.
    There are literary tropes that show many, many examples of this. As The Hero and protagonist of his book, he should not be in a bunker, while others fight. That has never been black panther and is fairly recent, with writers adding unnecessary realism into the equation.

In fiction there is no need for him to be placed in a box. You are limiting him, not me. I'm saying he can make a plan and use his mind and at the same time execute the plan...instead of the wack bs we saw in this issue with the crew, the 7th disappointment of this run.
    Being their most powerful weapons can take many forms. I never said he should JUST be an asset who sits in a room. But at times he's needed in that capacity more than n the frontlines. At times he'said needed as a scientist working in a lab more than he's needed as a king directing traffic or as a warrior on the front lines. I said from the start he can and should see different roles depending on the situation.

That's why I'll say again your earlier labels refute nothing I said. They'really just some of the potential hats he may need to wear depending in the situation.

Still haven't read it yet, I feel out of the loop

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    At least we didnt getva storm lecture!

Of course ibwas expecting more than one sentence lol

The most underated part of the issue was tchalla talking to spoilers:
    the bomber guy. Powerfuk one panel imo "my son"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Crew got like 2 1/2 pages! I'm like "That's it? After all this build up?"
    end of spoilers I can only imagine they'll get more panel time in subsequent issues. At least I hope so.

I stopped supporting this book after the horrible issue #5 and I see from some of the more reliable members here that has been the right decision so far. At this point the Shuri side story seems to be the most interesting. I can't stand Coates writing at this point.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    spoilers:
    The Crew got like 2 1/2 pages! I'm like "That's it? After all this build up?"
    end of spoilers I can only imagine they'll get more panel time in subsequent issues. At least I hope so.
    spoilers:
    A member isn't even feeling the name doe
    end of spoilers

I read this quickluy to start and I have shit to do so I will be brief...

- The Shuri stuff just has got to stop. It is such a waste of time at this point. It is entirely too vague and entirely redundant issue to issue.

- The Crew were 100% wasted. 100%. This should have been one of those issues that was 90% action but it wasnt. What you saw in the preview was pretty much it.

- T'challa's part in the action was probably the best action so far int his book. Neat use of the force push for once with some nifty acrobatics thrown in along with his hands being tied. Not too bad but I was expectign so much better and so much more. You had 4 meta villains and 5 heroes and it was just so.... boring. No one is staying on this book if they came in just for the Crew appearances.

- Chang and Tetu stuff was the best part of the issue I guess. Chang comign to realize the People suck was fine... but basically stating they are no beter or worse than the crown was dumb

Overall... same shit different day. Maybe one of the better issues but damn man... how do you make a boring ass book with Cage, Misty, Ede, T'challa, and Storm fighting 4 metas? Hell, a convo between those 5 shoudl have been interesting in itself but you can basically some up there lines as "thank you" lol. Seriously.......
    Agreed on all points except Chang/Tetu, which did nothing for me.

It's incredulous that they didn't prioritize Stelfreeze as the interior artist for this issue and, more importantly didn't -at worst- just go with T'Challa giving reflective thoughts on each Crew member as Stelfreeze takes the lead in ramping up the action scenes. Y'know, something that would be fun visually to see and juicy introspectively to read from T'Challa's pov. A damn shame and missed opportunity to capitalize on any excitement the team may have generated.

The meat n bones of the Shuri stuff is cool but waaay too much unnecessary fat around it, and probably 1 or 2 too many servings of it as well.

All in all, it's not a 'bad' issue but it basically felt like filler.

pencils of BP #8 panel. Looks like T'Challa and Manifold are entering...the Djalia? Something else?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The opening of this issue has a sense of fun that's been missing. I appreciated that. T'Challa got to kick someone's ass with his hands literally tied behind his back. Even though I knew where it was going, I liked the conversation with Changamire being split (at first it looks like he's criticizing T'Challa. In the end, it's clear he's talking about Tetu). I agree with the criticisms of the Shuri plot. I like them in the abstract, but I don't think each additional story adds much over the previous.

BANNED

I haven't read this issue yet, so passing informed and depthful commentary on it is impossible at this point.

Rest assured that when I do peruse it, I'll be sure to give my uninhibited opinion on this issue.

The most underated part of the issue was tchalla talking to spoilers:
    the bomber guy. Powerfuk one panel imo "my son"
    end of spoilers
    That was a good look, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    pencils of BP #8 panel. Looks like T'Challa and Manifold are entering...the Djalia? Something else?

Can't wait to see this with Laura Martin's colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The opening of this issue has a sense of fun that's been missing. I appreciated that. T'Challa got to kick someone's ass with his hands literally tied behind his back. Even though I knew where it was going, I liked the conversation with Changamire being split (at first it looks like he's criticizing T'Challa. In the end, it's clear he's talking about Tetu). I agree with the criticisms of the Shuri plot. I like them in the abstract, but I don't think each additional story adds much over the previous.
    Yeah if nothing else I appreciate that the Crew brought a bit of levity to the book. It seems like every single person in Wakanda seems to be a bit of a stiff at times. Cage and Misty, however brief, were a breath of fresh air.

One the questions Coates wanted to address was would an advanced society have a monarchy. When I first read that months ago I found it funny because in the MU the highly advanced spacefaring societies are ruled by one person( Asgard, Kree, Shi'ar...). So the answer to his question in the MU is yes.