Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    And something that people always tend to gloss over is that AvsX happened almost immediately after Bast warned T'Challa about an impending extinction level event. T'Challa was on high alert and preparing for end of the world scenarios. At the time he thought the Phoenix 5 situation might have been what Bast was talking.
    That would sort of be similar to what happened to Carol in CW2. He got a prediction of what would happen in the future, and in trying to prevent or at least deal with that problem he essentially set tthe problem up to happen.

Though honestly I doubt T'Challa would do anything different even if he didn't get some premonition from Bast. If the Avengers needed help, he would offer it. It's what heroes do.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-14-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think a potential bi-produce of the direciton Coates is going in is we might get more panel time for the various other tribes in Wakanda. If they are indeed moving in a more demoocratic direction, one can assume they might require greater representation in government. Not that I'm expecting much in this regard since this is a comic book rather than C-SPAN... but it does leave the door open to sort of explore other tribes a little bit at least.

In the least I'm hoping we get more love from the Jabari tribe. Given that they have been outlawed by the Panther tribe in the past, the future status quo could really allow them some greater play in the stories.
    I would like to see more of the Hyaena tribe introduced by Hickman. They could have broken out after the flood and gone back to being a roving gang with advanced tech.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He can write for his approval and not mine that's fine, just don't trash the mythos and disrespect the title character I. Favor of pushing a agenda. Instead of talking about everything you DON'T like about Tchalla and the mythos talk about the stuff you do like and the positive stuff you want to do for him. Where is that Interview? When you basically tell fans your not Gonna like my series and then plan on writing 5 years worth how do you expect fans to react?

Plus I have said it before. There was a way he could tell this same story while making the stakes higher and have it feel exciting at least and making Tchalla and the villains more capable and stronger then What we have seen. I'll have to do a break down one of these days to breakdown how this comic would of been better for fans while still allowing Coates to tell his Story
    I will never debate the following when it comes to this run

1) It's slow and lacking in action.

2) Could have used a co writer to tighten it up

Can't be argued at all. Not with any sincerety anyway.

But destroying the mythos is hyperbole.

Struggling with opponents below his weight class is so common in comics that's is like complaining about traveling in the NBA.

Taking BP off the throne is also common. Whether you have Hudlin giving Shuri the title or Priest playing goofy games with Killmonger or Ross. Hell, look at how Gilli's played with Bast in his run.

Actually what we have seen is additions to the mythos. New rogues. A replacement father figure type, and a distinct take on Shuri.

The Five Year run. Capt Kirk didn't get one, so I will hold my breath with Coates.

Dem Editors Ain't Loyal

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

Struggling with opponents below his weight class is so common in comics that's is like complaining about traveling in the NBA.

Taking BP off the throne is also common. Whether you have Hudlin giving Shuri the title or Priest playing goofy games with Killmonger or Ross. Hell, look at how Gilli's played with Bast in his run.

Actually what we have seen is additions to the mythos. New rogues. A replacement father figure type, and a distinct take on Shuri.

The Five Year run. Capt Kirk didn't get one, so I will hold my breath with Coates.

Dem Editors Ain't Loyal
    Personally, the premise isn't the problem, it's the characterization of the main character. An average Wakanda citizen should be upset. City gets destroyed every couple months(marvel time lol).

Dem Editors Ain't Loyal
    He is trashing the mythos, every issue is constant shade throwing and bias on top of Tchalla doubting himself.... Still 3/4s of the way done with the s1 and he is still doubting himself and saying he is unfit to rule.

Name in BPs recent history has he been downplayed so bad he lets freaking despots trick him? Like meeting with despots in the first place should of raised a red flag and yet he had no plan for that, no way he didn't know that could be turned against him? How he is being portrayed is like Spiderman getting jumped by Bank robbers and struggling to deal with them.

Raise the threat to his level or atleast his ball park, up to this point Zenzi and Tetu have yet to show anything of why they should be considered so dangerous. We just see flopping around by Tchalla in the most ooc ways

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Sales are definitely going to drop if he keeps this up. Not caring about the opinions of old time fans is an insult and a big f*** to the the fans with just plain egotistical intensions on his part.

Good thing is I am not paying for this

The use of periphrastic words does not make your story deep Coates
    His Story isn't deep. He's revealing in negative stereotypes of Africans. I don't care how much he sells or how many awards he has won! I will never support that. His Panther sucks and it's boring. I will be happy when he is gone.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He is trashing the mythos, every issue is constant shade throwing and bias on top of Tchalla doubting himself.... Still 3/4s of the way done with the s1 and he is still doubting himself and saying he is unfit to rule.

Name in BPs recent history has he been downplayed so bad he lets freaking despots trick him? Like meeting with despots in the first place should of raised a red flag and yet he had no plan for that, no way he didn't know that could be turned against him? How he is being portrayed is like Spiderman getting jumped by Bank robbers and struggling to deal with them.

Raise the threat to his level or atleast his ball park, up to this point Zenzi and Tetu have yet to show anything of why they should be considered so dangerous. We just see flopping around by Tchalla in the most ooc ways
    My brother, you are killing me. Having doubts about your identity is a constant in comics. All Mighty Steve Rogers has doubts Everytime he watches Hogan's Heroes.

His mythos is intact.

It's a take.

Maybe not one you like, but hardly destructive in any long term way.

The despots thing was clumsy. It's obvious Coates wanted to show that Tchalla was not a dictator. That to have a kingdom with no dissent, would mean that he would have to be one.

He failed at properly articulating that point. I debate with sincerety not just to build up post count or troll you guys.

Lol. That wasn't shade on anyone here. Just a personal statement

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    A Leopard doesn't change his spots or something yada yada

Expect more for Season 2!

anyone, sales report is up on the blog if anyone still cares

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...es-report.html

Most interesting things in there...

For comparisons sake...

- Dr. Strange #9: 46K
    - All New Wolverine #9: 43K
    - Daredevil #9: 43K
    - Moon Knight #9: 29K
    - Hydra Cap #9:
    - Old Man Logan #9: 49.8K
    - Miles #9: 39.7K
    - Jane Thor #9: 48.7K
    - Captain Marvel #9: 24.7K

We are in much more familiar territory now. Hudlin #9 sold 40K, Priest #9 sold 36.9K. It is HARD to compare comic eras for sales but... yeah......
    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    If you sort by dollar rank, and look at the $3.99 books around it, it seems clear to me that the ACTUAL orders/sales were closer to $25,500. Marvel is trying to game the system by dumping extra copies on the retailers.

For everyone like me (hardcore and casual alike) who dropped Coates book an issue or 2 ago and for everyone better than me for having long since dropped the book, keep up the great work! I am so proud of all of you. Never forget, with our powers combined

As for WoW... I don't care if they triple ship you, next month it's yo ass!

My brother, you are killing me. Having doubts about your identity is a constant in comics. All Mighty Steve Rogers has doubts Everytime he watches Hogan's Heroes.

His mythos is intact.

It's a take.

Maybe not one you like, but hardly destructive in any long term way.

The despots thing was clumsy. It's obvious Coates wanted to show that Tchalla was not a dictator. That to have a kingdom with no dissent, would mean that he would have to be one.

He failed at properly articulating that point. I debate with sincerety not just to build up post count or troll you guys.

Lol. That wasn't shade on anyone here. Just a personal statement
    My man, your comparing Steve Rogers who has had more solo's and stories told that he can afford some off stories because he will Always have a solo. Tchalla is getting to that level now, so when you have a Solo with alot of hype on items, showing how big of a failure Tchalla I'd for 3/4s of the story so far he is still doing the same thing. He has barely progressed the Story. His biggest feat may have well been getting Shuri back do she can "fix" Wakanda.

His entire story had been clumsy in execution. And sales show that, supporters are getting tired of it all. I mean I said earlier he goes on about what he doesn't like and we have yet to see what he does like about Tchalla. I guess he likes that he can sideline him in his own book to push his agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    For everyone like me (hardcore and casual alike) who dropped Coates book an issue or 2 ago and for everyone better than me for having long since dropped the book, keep up the great work! I am so proud of all of you. Never forget, with our powers combined

Just as long as I'm not "Heart".

Seriously, though, I just analyzed the data a bit. Hardly anything special. MindOfShadow deserves more praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Just as long as I'm not "Heart".
    Deal

Altho someone's gon have to draw that short stick eventually... lol

Seriously, though, I just analyzed the data a bit. Hardly anything special. MindOfShadow deserves more praise.
    I forget if i told him this, but he's doing god's work with that blog.

At some point i'ma have to get my lazy ass a social media/twitter thing so i can help bring his site to coogler/boseman's attention. Get him that national pub and ad revenue money by the time the movie drops in 2018 b/c everyone will be asking "Who is _____?" "What does _____ mean?" and "Why is ______ an easter egg??"

BANNED

Marvel is clearly gaming the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    You guys should read this from yesterday. What are your thoughts?

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/20...minism/513023/
    I expect to be on Black Panther, or BP-related things, for a while. - Coates
    We need better comics

BANNED

Meh Don't care. He wont be if the Sales keep slipping and I see no reason they wont.

His floppies sales are slipping but the trade still sells really well. It was still in the NYT bestsellers list last week and its been Marvel's only non star wars book in the bookscans list for months.
    We need better comics