Page 5097 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4097459749975047508750935094509550965097509850995100510151075147 ... LastLast
Results 76,441 to 76,455 of 77781
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    see? exactly that. You'd have been mad at me because that would have been FAR in the background of my version of the book.Galactic Wakandans have never appealed to me no matter who's writing them. Somebody's always going to be mad about something.

Jason Aaron wrote the second best story arc in BP history to me. SEE WAKANDA AND DIE.

But SOME fans would be upset. It would take me probably five issues to bend things back to how I would like them. A lot of stuff would be plowed over or cut off and people would be really upset. I wouldn't mind doing a TALES OF WAKANDA run but, again, my version of the mythology and the current version don't really line up. Watch what we did with the show and get back to me.

I've got a couple pitches in (not BP related) but i don't expect to hear anything until after SDCC.
    Anything you came up with as regards an ongoing BP solo, would have been preferable to me based off of your literary pedigree both as a published novelist as well as recognised comic book scribe.

I am familiar with your work and really enjoyed the totally underrated Mosaic book before it's untimely cancellation.

And please forgive me for once again stating the fact that I don't care a jot for any of the Johnny come lately Coates fans who are more invested in a totally chumped out BP mythos just as long as their favourite side character who can't even maintain her own solo book gets elevated at T'challa and Wakandans expense.

As an actual African, I take offence to what Coates has done since taking over the reigns on the BP solo and find it quite ironic that a so-called "woke" writer would go so against the grain on an agenda that can only be described as being anything but woke just because.

I will continue to seek out your literary work because you write well crafted tales of pure excellence that actually make sense and respect established characterisation.

Peace.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And this is the very thing most praisers of Coates take on the BP mythos remain resolutely blind to.

The wholesale reversal of all of the progress superior writers such as Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss and Hickman put into T'Challa's forward progression and character development.

And all for what?

The elevation of a wholly post Hudlin irrelevant side character who serves as nothing as a mill stone around the BP mythos collective neck.

A character who to date, has been totally sidelined in her own franchise only to stunk up the place in the BP mythos just because Coates feels like it.

I pray that one day, someone does to Storm what Coates has unleashed upon T'challa and the entire BP mythos and just clean knocks her metaphorical faux "goddess" head off all Valkyrie style.

Real talk.
    you preaching today brother Maj. thank you for continuing to say the things that need to be said to keep this thread moving forward with a clear and objective understanding of the who Tchalla is and what the series franchise used to and should be..

see? exactly that. You'd have been mad at me because that would have been FAR in the background of my version of the book.Galactic Wakandans have never appealed to me no matter who's writing them. Somebody's always going to be mad about something.

Jason Aaron wrote the second best story arc in BP history to me. SEE WAKANDA AND DIE.

But SOME fans would be upset. It would take me probably five issues to bend things back to how I would like them. A lot of stuff would be plowed over or cut off and people would be really upset. I wouldn't mind doing a TALES OF WAKANDA run but, again, my version of the mythology and the current version don't really line up. Watch what we did with the show and get back to me.

I've got a couple pitches in (not BP related) but i don't expect to hear anything until after SDCC.
    Thanks again Redjack for being a part of this conversation and being the professional that you are.

The ironic thing is that Coates has doing exactly what you said you wouldn't do, disregarding the work of previous writers and making a lot of us long time BP fans pissed off. So why should Coates get a pass from fans who don't like what he's done and want to see a change. It's funny to see posters talk about truth and objectivity but don't want it to cut both ways.

I have no issue with anyone who likes Coates work on BP. I just don't like what he's going and want a change and there are a lot of people who feel the same. We just aren't going to be silent about it. Everything you said you wouldn't do is being done, disregarding the work of previous writers. It's sheer hypocrisy that people will praise you for your stand and at the same time praise Coates for doing what you said you wouldn't do.

You've made a fan for life in me for your honesty and I look forward to what you have coming up. Keep us posted bro.

first off, thank you for the kind words.

the truth is "my" Black Panther remains too different from the way Coates has spun him for me to make a meaningful contribution to the MAIN title. In comics.

However I just spent nearly two years on this as Head Writer-Showrunner. Click it.

Attachment 68015

If you think you know what to expect, I promise you, you don't. this season is NOTHING like anything Marvel's Avengers has ever tried before. It's not the movie. it's not the comic. it's its own thing.

They haven't given a release date yet but, when it drops you will feel it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thanks again Redjack for being a part of this conversation and being the professional that you are.

The ironic thing is that Coates has doing exactly what you said you wouldn't do, disregarding the work of previous writers and making a lot of us long time BP fans pissed off. So why should Coates get a pass from fans who don't like what he's done and want to see a change. It's funny to see posters talk about truth and objectivity but don't want it to cut both ways.

I have no issue with anyone who likes Coates work on BP. I just don't like what he's going and want a change and there are a lot of people who feel the same. We just aren't going to be silent about it. Everything you said you wouldn't do is being done, disregarding the work of previous writers. It's sheer hypocrisy that people will praise you for your stand and at the same time praise Coates for doing what you said you wouldn't do.

You've made a fan for life in me for your honesty and I look forward to what you have coming up. Keep us posted bro.

The thing is, for better or worse most BP writers seem to want to give themselves a clean slate. Guys like Hudlin and Hickman ignored or hand waved plenty of stuff from the previous writer away to tell their own stories. I think Coates actually did a better job than most as far as addressing lingering issues from his predecessor.

So I don't think the reaction of Redjack or whoever follows Coates going in an changing a whole bunch of stuff to tell the story they want to tell would be that massive, since for BP writers in particular we get that all the time. But nonetheless it is refreshing when you see a writer choosing to work with that's actually there rather than actively disregarding it.

I think there'd be an uproar if they gave ti to me. I'd make too many changes that fans who LOVE the Coates version would feel betrayed. [/IMG]

This rounds on my boys

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Anything you came up with as regards an ongoing BP solo, would have been preferable to me based off of your literary pedigree both as a published novelist as well as recognised comic book scribe.

I am familiar with your work and really enjoyed the totally underrated Mosaic book before it's untimely cancellation.

And please forgive me for once again stating the fact that I don't care a jot for any of the Johnny come lately Coates fans who are more invested in a totally chumped out BP mythos just as long as their favourite side character who can't even maintain her own solo book gets elevated at T'challa and Wakandans expense.

As an actual African, I take offence to what Coates has done since taking over the reigns on the BP solo and find it quite ironic that a so-called "woke" writer would go so against the grain on an agenda that can only be described as being anything but woke just because.

I will continue to seek out your literary work because you write well crafted tales of pure excellence that actually make sense and respect established characterisation.

Peace.
    Your statements beautifully elaborates much of my own sentiments on the totality of the damage i feel all substandard BP writers that have come through. I went to Redjack's Mosaic thread to post that i thought there should be tweaks to his character but i always thought the writing was airtight! I would take almost any chance with Redjack's writing of Panther versus a guy who's acknowledged that his own life philosophy almost disavows the validity of black male masculinity, but is writing a black male hero?????

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    you preaching today brother Maj. thank you for continuing to say the things that need to be said to keep this thread moving forward with a clear and objective understanding of the who Tchalla is and what the series franchise used to and should be..
    You know how I do brother Maverick.

It's like some cats seem to have forgotten that this is the Black Panther Appreciation thread and not some guest star and peripheral character appreciation free for all.

You ain't gonna find nary a post (positive or otherwise) about T'challa or the wider BP mythos on the X-boards and yet, thanks to Coates stupid alterations to the BP mythos, X-related nonsense pops up in this thread with ridiculous frequency.

Close to three years of Coates mishandling and wholesale derailment of core aspects of T'Challa's personal mythos have his character and world bereft of any progression or positive development.

All we've gotten thus far is "It takes a nation of billions to prop up a faux goddess" instead.

Total fanwankery on Coates part at the BP mythos expense.

BANNED

I thought I was the only one who noticed that hot mess.

Mad respect for Redjack for keeping it diplomatic and professional.

If Coates had been equally professional, I very much doubt anyone would have reacted negatively to his output.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Your statements beautifully elaborates much of my own sentiments on the totality of the damage i feel all substandard BP writers that have come through. I went to Redjack's Mosaic thread to post that i thought there should be tweaks to his character but i always thought the writing was airtight! I would take almost any chance with Redjack's writing of Panther versus a guy who's acknowledged that his own life philosophy almost disavows the validity of black male masculinity, but is writing a black male hero?????
    It will be interesting to see whether Coates will be allowed to run equally roughshod over Captain America's mythos.

Maybe he'll find someway to get America to pray to Wanda Maximoff and elevate her to godhood just in time to defeat Selene too.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, for better or worse most BP writers seem to want to give themselves a clean slate. Guys like Hudlin and Hickman ignored or hand waved plenty of stuff from the previous writer away to tell their own stories. I think Coates actually did a better job than most as far as addressing lingering issues from his predecessor.

So I don't think the reaction of Redjack or whoever follows Coates going in an changing a whole bunch of stuff to tell the story they want to tell would be that massive, since for BP writers in particular we get that all the time. But nonetheless it is refreshing when you see a writer choosing to work with that's actually there rather than actively disregarding it.
    There's a difference between starting with a clean slate and disregarding what came before.

Hickman left a platform for the next BP writer stand on and build from there. Coates went Third World because he doesn't like monarchies and thinks Wakanda is misogynistic so that he could change what didn't need changing. And for what.

Once again for the record, I don't mind or care that that Storm is in the book. She's a lot better of here than in the X-Men and I think this needs to be her permanent home. What I don't want is T'Challa being a secondary character in his own book and constantly being told how wrong he is or being ineffectual while the supporting cast saves the day all the time.

If the next writer to come along erased the last two years, I'd give him a medal.

There's a difference between starting with a clean slate and disregarding what came before.

Hickman left a platform for the next BP writer stand on and build from there. Coates went Third World because he doesn't like monarchies and thinks Wakanda is misogynistic so that he could change what didn't need changing. And for what.

Once again for the record, I don't mind or care that that Storm is in the book. She's a lot better of here than in the X-Men and I think this needs to be her permanent home. What I don't want is T'Challa being a secondary character in his own book and constantly being told how wrong he is or being ineffectual while the supporting cast saves the day all the time.

If the next writer to come along erased the last two years, I'd give him a medal.
    Again, the thing is Coates didn't know the ending of Secret Wars when he started writing his first season. But he obviously did not disregard Hickmans stuff, as his run directly stems from it. All of the issues that Coates deal with are directly a result of the problems Wakanda suffered from in Time Runs Out. I think he made a stronger effort than most BP writers as far as addressing lingering issues from the previous run. He lost Storm, but got her back. His sister died, but he got her back. The Doras had left him, but he at least repaired that relationship (though they don't directly act as his body guards anymore).

Granted Hickmans ending (which again Coates didn't know at the time he wrote his season) hand waves a lot of those issues away by magically resetting reality, but marvels official editorial stance was that everything still happened so it was only as clean a slate as the next writer wanted it to be.

But either way, I do suspect the next writer will give himself a clean slate because that's what I have come to expect from BP writers. I would be impressed if they decided to actually work with that's there instead, but we'll see.

Again, the thing is Coates didn't know the ending of Secret Wars when he started writing his first season. But he obviously did not disregard Hickmans stuff, as his run directly stems from it. All of the issues that Coates deal with are directly a result of the problems Wakanda suffered from in Time Runs Out. I think he made a stronger effort than most BP writers as far as addressing lingering issues from the previous run. He lost Storm, but got her back. His sister died, but he got her back. The Doras had left him, but he at least repaired that relationship (though they don't directly act as his body guards anymore).

Granted Hickmans ending (which again Coates didn't know at the time he wrote his season) hand waves a lot of those issues away by magically resetting reality, but marvels official editorial stance was that everything still happened so it was only as clean a slate as the next writer wanted it to be.

But either way, I do suspect the next writer will give himself a clean slate because that's what I have come to expect from BP writers. I would be impressed if they decided to actually work with that's there instead, but we'll see.
    So if he didn't read the ending of Secret Wars, how does he know that Wakanda was restored. There was no Wakanda at the end of TRO but Coates begins his story with a fully restored Wakanda with the exception of Shuri.

Coates wanted to write a story of a dysfunctional Wakanda regardless.

So if he didn't read the ending of Secret Wars, how does he know that Wakanda was restored. There was no Wakanda at the end of TRO but Coates begins his story with a fully restored Wakanda with the exception of Shuri.

Coates wanted to write a story of a dysfunctional Wakanda regardless.

I don't think you need to read the ending of TRO to know that the universe is going to be restored at the end of the story. That's kind of a given. The only thing he didn't know was the part at the end where he travels back in time (or changes reality or whatever he did) to New Avengers 1. But since marvel editorial decided that everything still happened despite whatever T'CHalla did, for the most part he didn't need to know that part.

Starlin had the same problem when he was doing his Thanos stuff. He wanted to know where Thanos ends up with Hickmans stuff since he was writing Thanos stories concurrently, and didn't get an answer either. Better communication is probably something marvel needs to work on for this sort of thing.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

100% agreed. your posts are always spot on!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!