BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think you can necessarily blame Bendis for the art. That one part at least likely falls more under Acuna.
    Well, he wrote the script. The page probably read "Rogers does some wicked shit, with the Panther going all "woooah" while holding his sticks". Kidding aside, I doubt Acuna just drew whatever the hell he wanted, as the script usually dictates how characters react and the like. Could be on him, who knows? But BENDIIIIIIIS is far more prone to such shite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Seriously. I cannot decide which panel is weirder

1. OMG ITS CAPTAIN AMERICA HAVE MY BABIES!!

2. A sentinel in hells kitchen?

3. Thanks for the save? wtf??

4. "hmm" followed by a head scratch

5. Batons???

6. "Im a friendly face"... did they have a falling out before this that I don't remember?
    Who cares about Continuity?! Surely not Bendis! *cue laugh track*

Let me put on my negative nancy hat real quick

[negative nancy]

Can't wait for issue two to come out and "only" sell 50-80K or whatever and have all the haters come out in those "omg Marvel sales are tanking, sky is falling" threads and go, "lulz, see Panther isn't popular! jut another #1 gimmick!"

[/negative nancy]

i bet digital sales are gonna be huge with this. Coates gonna pull in the non-floppy crowd
    Only 80k?!

If it reaches ANYWHERE close to 80k, that's a humongous victory. It would beat a 10-year record (the marriage issue, which sold almost 70k) and officially be the highest-selling BP issue to date.

I would be extremely please with that figure.

EDIT: I would welcome the hater's rhetoric with open arms.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 03-18-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Seriously. I cannot decide which panel is weirder

1. OMG ITS CAPTAIN AMERICA HAVE MY BABIES!!

2. A sentinel in hells kitchen?

3. Thanks for the save? wtf??

4. "hmm" followed by a head scratch

5. Batons???

6. "Im a friendly face"... did they have a falling out before this that I don't remember?
    No I'm petty sure this was 1st time they saw each other since Steve clam back alive unless Steve was back alive by Doomwar ( we're a collective group of Marvel Heroes T'challa in the Fantastic Four they're on their own fighting Doom because of reasons, but I don't remember if he was alive then..).. the last time I remember T'Challa mentioning or interacting with him was when he was discussing with Taku or Wabki that he was looking into Steve death/missing body thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Only 80k?!

If it reaches ANYWHERE close to 80k, that's a humongous victory. It would beat a 10-year record (the marriage issue, which sold almost 70k) and officially be the highest-selling BP issue to date.

Like I said before, if he can hold Dardevil numbers (40K ish) that would be a gigantic victor IMO.

T'challa bout to smash into the B-list tier with his eyes on that A list tier....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The first MCU Black Panther Tees are showing up.

Just placed a order for this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Buy all the figures in the series and you get the pieces to assemble a separate figure.

Giant Man, from the looks of it.
    Man you bite my style..
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Only 80k?!

I think people need to keep in mind that Marvel has openly accepted the episodic model.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Extraordinary Member

Let me put on my negative nancy hat real quick

[negative nancy]

Can't wait for issue two to come out and "only" sell 50-80K or whatever and have all the haters come out in those "omg Marvel sales are tanking, sky is falling" threads and go, "lulz, see Panther isn't popular! jut another #1 gimmick!"

[/negative nancy]

i bet digital sales are gonna be huge with this. Coates gonna pull in the non-floppy crowd
    It's great news regardless.

Because unlike before there's a mass market reason for Marvel to give a damn about B.P. which up now they never actually had.

If they can get 50k run out of Coates and Stellfreeze that's a REALLY BIG DEAL by recent comics standards.

And even that pales in comparison to.....merch.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    No I'm petty sure this was 1st time they saw each other since Steve clam back alive unless Steve was back alive by Doomwar ( we're a collective group of Marvel Heroes T'challa in the Fantastic Four they're on their own fighting Doom because of reasons, but I don't remember if he was alive then..).. the last time I remember T'Challa mentioning or interacting with him was when he was discussing with Taku or Wabki that he was looking into Steve death/missing body thing...
    Yeah, Steve was alive during Rawmood. I remember because it was the first of a number of times that T'Challa needed his help and Steve just shrugged his arms and said there was nothing he could do.

That's one of the reasons I get so annoyed when people be on that "T'Challa can't lead the Avengers because he'll always put Wakanda above everything else" BS. For one that's just flat out untrue. T'Challa has gone out of his way to save other nations even when Wakanda was in danger. And two, Both Steve and Carol have put America first on numerous occasions and nobody questions if they should be leading the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's great news regardless.

Because unlike before there's a mass market reason for Marvel to give a damn about B.P. which up now they never actually had.

If they can get 50k run out of Coates and Stellfreeze that's a REALLY BIG DEAL by recent comics standards.

And even that pales in comparison to.....merch.
    50K would be humungous. Like, give Coates lots of money humungous lol

id be happy with consistent 30, estatic at 40K, HOLY SHIT WATCH OUT BIG 6 at 50K lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sweet Christmas! I hope my store doesn't do a limit 1 per customer on it. I want to buy all the copies.

*Comic book ignorance showing*

What does that figure mean? Who purchases the comic? Will the 300k number figure in anyway to the April sales for the #1? Is that 300k figure common?
    Not very common at all. It's a big debut number.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyro View Post

The first MCU Black Panther Tees are showing up.

Just placed a order for this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00
    Good looking on the clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Yeah, Steve was alive during Rawmood. I remember because it was the first of a number of times that T'Challa needed his help and Steve just shrugged his arms and said there was nothing he could do.

That's one of the reasons I get so annoyed when people be on that "T'Challa can't lead the Avengers because he'll always put Wakanda above everything else" BS. For one that's just flat out untrue. T'Challa has gone out of his way to save other nations even when Wakanda was in danger. And two, Both Steve and Carol have put America first on numerous occasions and nobody questions if they should be leading the Avengers.
    Thanks Brother Kasper, in that case that makes the scene look even worse because it puts the onus on T'Challa instead of where rightly belongs Steve aforesaid falling out which makes T'Challa look even worse for rejoining The Avengers during A vsX ( but more likely than not he was forced to rejoin/ included due to editorial mandate)..

Only 80k?!

80k Would be glorious, There is a high expectation for Coates run and if what he said was true and his preview (which was really good to begin with) was the lowest quality of what he has written, then this will indeed be a very good BP run. up there with CJP and RH and could possibly surpass them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Thanks Brother Kasper, in that case that makes the scene look even worse because it puts the onus on T'Challa instead of where rightly belongs Steve aforesaid falling out which makes T'Challa look even worse for rejoining The Avengers during A vsX ( but more likely than not he was forced to rejoin/ included due to editorial mandate)..
    Honestly I think it was less an indicator that they had a previous falling out and more a friendly joke on T'Challa not having a friendly face. It was just friendly banter between them.