Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Actually, that makes sense, if you think about their differeing roles.

The Dora are bodyguards. They are trained not to react until their protectee is being threatened.

The Border Guard, OTOH, are tasked with dealing with ALL interlopers. whether they are threats or not. And, based on his actions elsewhere in the movie, I suspect W'kabi was of the "stab first and ask questions later" school of border security. Diplomatic, he ain't.
    W'kabi has balls of steel though.

Rushed T'challa straight on and got kicked 20 feet for his efforts.

I guess he was hoping T'challa didn't get teh panther powers back at the time. He learned though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    This sounds very plausible because this is essentially what happened. I still believe that there's the possibility that the Orisha are still in power, they've just gone off to keep a watchful eye over the subjects of the Wakandan Galactic Empire. I have a slightly different telling of the events that transpired. The way I interpreted it, T'Challa and Storm both worked in unison to save the Wakandan people.
    Based on the released art, they got their work cut out for them. Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Exaggerated Counterpoint:

T'challa got on his knees and prayed to God like a hostage at mercy of a crazed gunman lol

(only difference is he banged the god afterwards lol)
    Lmao true tea!!! You have a dirty mind and I think the same way. I bet he pulverized the pussy later!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Based on the released art, they got their work cut out for them. Lol
    That's no to say that they'll be intervening on the behalf of the Galactic Empire subjects. Bast routinely stayed out of the fray. My theory is that the Orisha left the small country of Wakanda solely under the protection of T'Challa. He's successfully carved out Wakanda as a beacon of hope and safe haven for other black superheroes. I think that is one of the biggest pulls for me, personally. I absolutely love the idea of all the black superheroes of the MU putting Wakanda on a pedestal as something to be respected and protected at all costs. Most of you guys see all these other heroes (the black ones) rising in defense of Wakanda as some sort of black mark on Coates' record. I see it as the ultimate respect! The black heroes of the MU and we as fans of Black Panther and Wakanda now have our Asgard equivalent. Coates essentially had a whole gang black heroes claim Wakanda as their own. I'm sorry, but I don't have respect for any black hero in the MU that isn't willing to rise in defense of Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Exaggerated Counterpoint:

T'challa got on his knees and prayed to God like a hostage at mercy of a crazed gunman lol

(only difference is he banged the god afterwards lol)
    To defeat god level opponents, you use plot devices. In this case the plot device he used just happened to be Storm.

He gets credit too, because he created that situation, and got Storm to do what he needed to do. Storm could not have done what she did without him, and without the Wakandan people.

So yes, this was a very very good showing for Storm. But it was by no means a bad showing for T'Challa. It doesn't have to be just one or the other.

BANNED

Lmao true tea!!! You have a dirty mind and I think the same way. I bet he pulverized the pussy later!

That's no to say that they'll be intervening on the behalf of the Galactic Empire subjects. Bast routinely stayed out of the fray. My theory is that the Orisha left the small country of Wakanda solely under the protection of T'Challa. He's successfully carved out Wakanda as a beacon of hope and safe haven for other black superheroes. I think that is one of the biggest pulls for me, personally. I absolutely love the idea of all the black superheroes of the MU putting Wakanda on a pedestal as something to be respected and protected at all costs. Most of you guys see all these other heroes (the black ones) rising in defense of Wakanda as some sort of black mark on Coates' record. I see it as the ultimate respect! The black heroes of the MU and we as fans of Black Panther and Wakanda now have our Asgard equivalent. Coates essentially had a whole gang black heroes claim Wakanda as their own. I'm sorry, but I don't have respect for any black hero in the MU that isn't willing to rise in defense of Wakanda.

And I have ZERO respect for any "writer" who chumps an entire mythos just to elevate his favourite character.

I think the non-Wakandan superheroes showed more respect for Wakanda under Hudlin. He offered Luke and anyone else who wanted to leave America citizenship.

Have any of them said anything positive about Wakanda during Coates? Most of them just seem to comment about how angry they are with Tchalla. And none of them live there as Eden has to keep porting them in every few issues. lol

The only supporting characters I remember most of us having a problem with is Storm, the MA, and me personally Shuri. And that problem stems from Coates trying to make Tchalla a supporting character to them.
    Last edited by Cville; 05-10-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Black Panther need $2.4M more to past Harry Potter for all Time world wide box office.

We need this to bump it up to #8 so that when Infinity War passes it soon BP will still hold a solid place in the top 10
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Black Panther need $2.4M more to past Harry Potter for all Time world wide box office.

We need this to bump it up to #8 so that when Infinity War passes it soon BP will still hold a solid place in the top 10
    Black panther two will pass Age Of Ultron if it's as good as Black Panther ONE.

In talking about Hudlin, since most people seem to slight him and not give him credit outside of Priest ironically, you could argue he probably had the greatest tangible influence as a writer on the character, pre-MCU than anyone before him since the characters inception. He really drove home the A-list comic character vibe to the masses giving him that pop culture Shaft or Blade vibe. I also think he approached the character different than traditional writers, Hudlin drops a lot of pop culture satire and really tried to promote the character to the masses more than anyone else.

Obviously nothings in a vacuum and all the great BP writers built on the works that came before them, as in life. Look back at Hudlin's first arc he attempts to balance Wakanda’s past and possible future emphasizing heavily European colonization themes and how that has effected Wakanda and the continent. The MCU does a pretty great job of adapting that imo. Hudlin wasn't subtle with his writing and it was intentional, he emphasized many socio-political points that are fixtures of BP & Wakanda today. I also think he's probably the closest writer to Stan Lee & Jack Kirby in his interpretation & portrayal of T'Challa. He really followed their groundwork more to the letter than anyone else.
    Word. Hudlin's run remains my personal favorite Black Panther series, to date. Much better than Priest's (whom I think is quite over-rated, frankly). It wasn't perfect, but at least he was actually focused on writing a Black Panther series, and not The Amazing Adventures of Everette K. Ross, featuring Black Panther.

Eh, I'm not worried its placement on any lists anymore. The fact is that Black Panther is an unqualified success, having done much better worldwide than anyone could have realistically predicted. Nothing can take away from that. A film with a mostly-Black cast that appealed to people of all races across the globe and made over a billion dollars. It won.

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post
    Eh, I'm not worried its placement on any lists anymore. The fact is that Black Panther is an unqualified success, having done much better worldwide than anyone could have realistically predicted. Nothing can take away from that. A film with a mostly-Black cast that appealed to people of all races across the globe and made over a billion dollars. It won.
    I want 700 mil just because it is a cool round number, and it would be the third movie ever to do it. and no other super hero movie has
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

http://variety.com/2018/film/feature...mpression=true

Maybe this could be Black Panther 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    http://variety.com/2018/film/feature...mpression=true

Maybe this could be Black Panther 2.

But you won't hear of a Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel spin off with Male characters.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 05-10-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

But you won't hear of a Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel spin off with Male characters.
    The male characters didn't carry Wonder Woman & won't carry Captain Marvel tho.

Besides, it's still a black movie if it focuses on black women.

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    The male characters didn't carry Wonder Woman & won't carry Captain Marvel tho.

Besides, it's still a black movie if it focuses on black women.
    Chris Pine was a better actor than Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman and was kind of the best part of the movie but that's my opinion.

Focus on T'Challa first then maybe a spin off later because if this were to come to fruition, then it will take a while to see T'Challa as the main character in his own movie. Many stories they could adapt from before doing an unnecessary spin-off.