And look at that, my predictions of Chokes turning T’Challa into a slave were right. Ugh, why can’t this guy just write that fucking Storm solo he wants to write so damn badly and just leave us already?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think the bigger problem was these so called super geniuses not putting any damn effort into actually investigating the causes of the incursions
    They sort of did that with Pym, though we didn't know about it until later.

At the time that was my biggest criticism of the Illuminati as well though. But in hindsight it sort of worked out for the best. Someone needed to focus on stopping the incursions, and they had that covered (until the Cabal took over) while Doom got to the root of the problem. Both bases needed to be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    And I know plenty of people who are looking forward to T’Challa’s return. The idea that the twenty or so people who post in this thread are the only ones that want T’Challa to come back as Black Panther is asinine.
    The idea that this forum in any way represents a significant portion of the millions of people who saw the Black Panther film, and Infinity War, or that anyone can say with confidence what "most people" want next (based on their own personal experiences) is asinine.

Seriously.
    iBLOGalot - my personal blog.

MyComicStripClub - my original comic strips.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Jadaka View Post
    Hope you realize for me I don't draw anything from these interviews other than the possibility of these things happening. (Nothing is confirmed)

And if they do get confirmed I don't believe they'll happen too quickly but these things will eventually happen.
    Its possible in the sense anything is possible. Maybe upcoming film will add credence to that.

Imo it would have to be something different than they did in the 616. Her character is too different. The way they've established Wakanda and the other characters in it doesn't really allow her to be BP or Queen in a manor similar to T'Challa. I think Disney is aware of that.

If Marvel comes up with a strong story and it fits, I think they should pursue this plot point but only if they do. Shuri already has one of the most important roles in Wakanda, unlike her 616 counterpart. A BP Shuri would be very different from the MCU T'Challa version and the 616 Shuri version. Again Marvel will do what it will do, but imo they've set Shuri on a fresh path. I don't see her as BP or the Griot. As one of the foremost scientific minds in the world her potential is limitless.Outside of Tony Stark there's really only Shuri as the super genius of the MCU. Some will say Bruce Banner but outside of Whedon speak I haven't seen it.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Or may not

Walk me through the logic of this. T'challa's fans will dwindle between Avengers 4, BP 2, Avengers 5, and BP 3 to the point passing the torch to someone else makes sense? She's the Q to his James Bond but never mind that apparently?

And why can't the two co-exist in their specific roles? What if she wants to be an ambassador of sorts with the outreach center as her base of operations? Why MUST it be Wakanda with her as queen and T'Challa just...gone or whatever people think will happen to him in part 3 to make this possible. Cause he's old? LOL Denzel's about to star in his first sequel to an action heavy movie at 63, I think his age is fine.

But again, walk me through the logic of this. *pulls up a chair, listens*
    no one cares about this Q bull. Tchalla is his own Q. That's what makes the character better than some weak James Bond clone. T'challa first and foremost is a character of intelligence and creativity. That's his core. Not James freaking Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Why would you want to take away MCU Shuri's tech skills?

What's she supposed to do in the movies without them?

You can't make her a combat badass that's Okoye's thing.

Without the Q gimmick Shuri's just an lovingly insolent wisecracker.

Put that in a movie and that just gets you darker Kat Dennings (without the rack on top of it.).

In the MCU...that's enough.
    She can still kick but without being the "best" at it. See Thor and Tessa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You're taking quotes and everything that follows is a reach, because the quotes don't say anything that supports your argument. The crux of the argument is that BP is a mantle, which leaps to Shuri becoming BP.

This is just like people who think Lebron is going to the Lakers. "Omg he's got a house in LA." "Look he's in LA he must be going to the Lakers." same thing. The quotes you've presented are so plain jane and generic. You could spin it that way if you want but at this point its just spin.

I also don't know how anyone thinks Avengers 4 isn't gonna involve time travel of some sort anyway. spoilers:
    It's pretty much confirmed via set pics and casting info that there's gonna be some sort of time skip and then the heroes trying to travel back in time to stop Thanos.
    end of spoilers.

It's entirely possible (nay, likely) we will see Shuri as the ruler of Wakanda, but it's about as permanent as that time where Superman got electric powers. Even the original story basically used time travel to undo the deaths, as Nebula used the Gauntlet to spin the universe back to the time before Thanos did the snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I am one of the few people who wasn't bothered by the crying and all. I had my issues with Hickman but this isn't one of them.
    I never get the complaints over the crying. Even Priest had T'Challa show vulnerability and get emotional on the rare occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    no one cares about this Q bull.
    Actually people responded very well to Shuri's role. They got a lot of positive attention for having a black girl in a STEM field and hopefully helping inspire girls of color to get into those fields of study.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-16-2018 at 06:23 PM.

We're talking about as it pertains to T'challa.

Ofcourse showing a Black girl be the smartest inventor is positive in the grand scheme. That's not the debate.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hickmans kinda like coates.

Promise something in first couple issues, fail to deliver, handwave it away. :P

My favotite part of the run was seeing wakanda beat back the bkack order on panel...

Oh...

Shields and teleporting was cool tho...

(I actually like the story but there were abundant issues imo. The cry aint one of them)
    Oh, thanks for reminding me of THIS complaint. At least he beat the dude, as opposed to getting trashed or not even appearing on panel. His fight with Namor was amazing too. All those incredible feats, and "but the one thing wasn't on panel!" Smh

And he did eventually try to kill Namor. But he survived. All the same, the stuff y'all got heated over was still really good T'Challa stuff. Now my guy is in chains (at least based on that cover).

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We can take off the rose tinted glasses. The crying? it wasn't reasonable it made zero sense why he would cry in that situation, it was weak scene it's not the end all or anything, there wee much bigger issues then that, but it was still stupid.

Also in SW II he ended up broken at Dooms feet just like in Mayberrys doomwar. T'Challa had some good moments but each one was preceded by or followed after some bad bumbling moment
    It was totally reasonable to cry in that situation. T'Challa has always been shrewd, but he has never been a killer of innocents, much less billions of innocents.

And in Secret Wars 2, he ended up in that position after fighting the god of the MULTIVERSE with the Infinity Gauntlet. He was fighting on an abstract level and HANDLING it. Even when he lost, he still won. Everything went according to plan AND he saved his people, grabbing the gem in the end. It was some of the best T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    Oh, thanks for reminding me of THIS complaint. At least he beat the dude, as opposed to getting trashed or not even appearing on panel. His fight with Namor was amazing too. All those incredible feats, and "but the one thing wasn't on panel!" Smh

And he did eventually try to kill Namor. But he survived. All the same, the stuff y'all got heated over was still really good T'Challa stuff. Now my guy is in chains (at least based on that cover).

It was totally reasonable to cry in that situation. T'Challa has always been shrewd, but he has never been a killer of innocents, much less billions of innocents.

And in Secret Wars 2, he ended up in that position after fighting the god of the MULTIVERSE with the Infinity Gauntlet. He was fighting on an abstract level and HANDLING it. Even when he lost, he still won. Everything went according to plan AND he saved his people, grabbing the gem in the end. It was some of the best T'Challa.
    I think you arr confusing me eith someone who likes coates run. Hickman is priest compared to coatsville

But yeah, how dare i expect to see things on panel and expect to see what was promised delivered.

And are you really considering almost killing namor a positive lol? The same plan you praise involved waiting for namor to wake up out of pettiness, which allowed the whole cabal to survive. Genius move.

(Namor also served no storytelling purpose at that time. He was kept alive for nothing)

Hickman got a lot right but got a lot very wrong too.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I also don't know how anyone thinks Avengers 4 isn't gonna involve time travel of some sort anyway. spoilers:
    It's pretty much confirmed via set pics and casting info that there's gonna be some sort of time skip and then the heroes trying to travel back in time to stop Thanos.
    end of spoilers.

It's entirely possible (nay, likely) we will see Shuri as the ruler of Wakanda, but it's about as permanent as that time where Superman got electric powers. Even the original story basically used time travel to undo the deaths, as Nebula used the Gauntlet to spin the universe back to the time before Thanos did the snap.
    I'm actually kind of worried about plot holes in Avengers 4. Just the way Infinity War shook out and what they'll have to do in the next film, has me a little concerned.

spoilers:
    I literally can't think of a time travel movie without potholes. I am curious how the will craft stores after Avengers 4. Tony Stark is the lynchpin of the Universe. Whedon firmly established that and so did Infinity War (unless you can't Civil War as an Avengers film because that was more Cap than Ironman). I'm curious if they round things out a lil more or they just move another character into that lynchpin role. Most big superhero ensembles do it. The X-men had Wolverine, DCAU had Batman etc. etc.
    end of spoilers
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    In the MCU...that's enough.
    She can still kick but without being the "best" at it. See Thor and Tessa.
    There's already multiple women in T'Challas supporting cast who can fight. Shuri just being one more makes her interchangeable.

Her being the smartest person in the world makes her stand out apart from the other women and a part from T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think you arr confusing me eith someone who likes coates run. Hickman is priest compared to coatsville

But yeah, how dare i expect to see things on panel and expect to see what was promised delivered.

And are you really considering almost killing namor a positive lol? The same plan you praise involved waiting for namor to wake up out of pettiness, which allowed the whole cabal to survive. Genius move.

(Namor also served no storytelling purpose at that time. He was kept alive for nothing)

Hickman got a lot right but got a lot very wrong too.
    I disagree that Namor was kept alive for nothing.

Him and T'Challa putting aside their differences and working together I think was important to show on panel (something we never got with Steve and Tony). It's what heroes are SUPPOSED to do... they're supposed to rise about their own petty issues and be real heroes in the end.

I wish they had more panel time to explore them resolving their issues. But at least we got it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm actually kind of worried about plot holes in Avengers 4. Just the way Infinity War shook out and what they'll have to do in the next film, has me a little concerned.

spoilers:
    I literally can't think of a time travel movie without potholes. I am curious how the will craft stores after Avengers 4. Tony Stark is the lynchpin of the Universe. Whedon firmly established that and so did Infinity War (unless you can't Civil War as an Avengers film because that was more Cap than Ironman). I'm curious if they round things out a lil more or they just move another character into that lynchpin role. Most big superhero ensembles do it. The X-men had Wolverine, DCAU had Batman etc. etc.
    end of spoilers
    It's no one lynchpin of the Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    end of spoilers.

I never get the complaints over the crying. Even Priest had T'Challa show vulnerability and get emotional on the rare occasion.

Actually people responded very well to Shuri's role. They got a lot of positive attention for having a black girl in a STEM field and hopefully helping inspire girls of color to get into those fields of study.
    If they show Shuri as Black Panther in A4, She will become BP again down the line.