Page 5092 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4092459249925042508250885089509050915092509350945095509651025142 ... LastLast
Results 76,366 to 76,380 of 77781
    Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    "Deadpool and Black Panther have surprisingly little history with each other for two such famous characters. Even back when Christopher Priest was writing both titles and had them cross over, it was during a period where Erik Killmonger had temporarily taken over as Black Panther (in a story that was partially adapted for the Black Panther film), so while Deadpool fought against a Black Panther, it was not T’Challa. They recently did have a confrontation during the Civil War II crossover event, when Deadpool infiltrated the Ultimates’ headquarters in an attempt to kill the prognosticating Inhuman Ulysses. He had changed his mind by the time Black Panther discovered him and then soundly defeated him and threw him out of their headquarters…literally. This will be their first fight since." Taken from the article.

I think the writer left out the part where T'Challa hired Deadpool during Doomwar. But who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    "Deadpool and Black Panther have surprisingly little history with each other for two such famous characters. Even back when Christopher Priest was writing both titles and had them cross over, it was during a period where Erik Killmonger had temporarily taken over as Black Panther (in a story that was partially adapted for the Black Panther film), so while Deadpool fought against a Black Panther, it was not T’Challa. They recently did have a confrontation during the Civil War II crossover event, when Deadpool infiltrated the Ultimates’ headquarters in an attempt to kill the prognosticating Inhuman Ulysses. He had changed his mind by the time Black Panther discovered him and then soundly defeated him and threw him out of their headquarters…literally. This will be their first fight since." Taken from the article.

I think the writer left out the part where T'Challa hired Deadpool during Doomwar. But who cares.
    For some reason that issue is the most value one from the Priest run. Issue one may have gone up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    this is why marvel needs to let Redjack get on the Solo. Dude had some solid writing in that BP Lexus comic, he has done amazing work on the BP centric Avengers episodes and his criminally underrated mosiac comic And the dude WANTS to write T'Challa. He is a good writer and knows how to craft comics. I think he would be a good point man. I really really hope he pitches an idea to a BP series or marvel approaches him for one.

Bp needs a writer of experience Right now and to not be a spring board for neophytes and their agendas
    Geoffrey Thorne/Redjack would indeed write the **** out of an ongoing Black Panther comic. As someone who has read most of his comics and non-comics work, I'd say Black Panther is literally the perfect character for him to write, it plays to all of his strengths as a writer (believable sci-fi/fantasy and capable world-building). The dude actually made me enjoy Night Rider, from the comic he wrote. Not to mention Mosaic which, on paper, is an extremely uninteresting character (at least as far as "superheroes" go), and yet I was hooked from the first issue. I hope he gets a shot, sooner than later.
    iBLOGalot - my personal blog.

MyComicStripClub - my original comic strips.

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post
    Geoffrey Thorne/Redjack would indeed write the **** out of an ongoing Black Panther comic. As someone who has read most of his comics and non-comics work, I'd say Black Panther is literally the perfect character for him to write, it plays to all of his strengths as a writer (believable sci-fi/fantasy and capable world-building). The dude actually made me enjoy Night Rider, from the comic he wrote. Not to mention Mosaic which, on paper, is an extremely uninteresting character (at least as far as "superheroes" go), and yet I was hooked from the first issue. I hope he gets a shot, sooner than later.
    If you haven't watched The avengers assemble cartoon, then you should check out the episode "Incredible Herc" Thorne wrote that and he really played on Tchallas strength as a Grand Master chess player and fighting above his weight class.

And yeah on paper I was kinda eh about mosiac but Thorne's writing got me hooked and I was upset it got cancelled. But Who knows maybe he will try a pitch

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It might throw Deadpool off more if T'Challa says nothing at all.

This makes me think Marvel is trying to copy DC's Batman vs Deathstroke which is really good btw.
    I meant to pick up the latest issue today, but I forgot!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Who is this writer?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Daniel kibblesmith. Looks like he wrote the LockJaw mini. And he writes for Colbert, so I expect a mostly comedy series. As opposed to Preist BvD which is funny in an "Oh **it" kinda way I expect this to go for a more funny "haha".
    Last edited by Cville; 07-07-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Preliminary research suggests that is accurate. Nice to know that with folks like Redjack & Narcisse chomping at the bit to write BP, some nobody from TV gets a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Daniel kibblesmith. Looks like he wrote the LockJaw mini. And he writes for Colbert, so I expect a mostly comedy series. As opposed to Preist BvD which is funny in an "Oh **it" kinda way I expect this to go for a more funny "haha".
    I think the newest DP solo is liike that after Duggan spoilers:
    erased his memories of the whole run
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, BP is a perfect character to play off a character like Wade. You always want a straight man with Deadpool if you can. It's part of the reason why I think Spider-Man/Deadpool cross overs aren't quite as fun as they might look on paper. They sort of step on each others roles. Wade and T'CHalla should be able to play off each other perfectly.
    Let's hope you are right. Have these two ever like fought before? And who do you think would win here?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Let's hope you are right. Have these two ever like fought before? And who do you think would win here?
    Deadpool will almost certainly comically lose. Deadpool is like fighting a cartoon character. You can drop should on him and drip him off clips, and he'll keep coming back to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Preliminary research suggests that is accurate. Nice to know that with folks like Redjack & Narcisse chomping at the bit to write BP, some nobody from TV gets a mini.
    That's the most frustrating part. They want to and yet they keep getting these non comic writer's with some "notoriety" to them instead of someone with experience (granted narcisse is inexperienced too however, he did a great job on his first time and he actually cares about continuity and weaved a sensible and logical combining of Tchalla and Wakandas origins whole adding his own nice touch)

But Redjack deserves his shot. And he is on the animation side so bonus

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    They fought in cwII in Deadpools book, Wade sneaks into then Ultimates headquarters and Tchalla whoops his ass and literally throws him out a window

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Here's an even better question: Why not market it to bookstores as an OGN? And do a little basic advertising in the theaters so that filmgoers know it's available?

(The answer, sadly, is because publishers suck at marketing.)
    Not every book is stocked by book stores.

And when your main book store is Barnes & Nobles-you are at THEIR mercy.

The same could be said for Wal-mart & Target. While a Wal-Mart will claim they stock Boom's Regular Show trades-you know how many times I have seen them? ONCE.

Same with Half Price books-they are VERY limited in whose trades they carry brand new.

YOu might as well sell the books to the theaters or do a package of ticket, food, book and collectible.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Deadpool will almost certainly comically lose. Deadpool is like fighting a cartoon character. You can drop should on him and drip him off clips, and he'll keep coming back to try again.
    goddess deadpool annoys me but I guess most people find him.and his antics funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They fought in cwII in Deadpools book, Wade sneaks into then Ultimates headquarters and Tchalla whoops his ass and literally throws him out a window
    lmfao omg that's hilarious I think I recall seeing a scan of this a while back.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!