Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted here but WTF!!! https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-new-power/
    Its part of a conspiracy. lol

Evans is getting praise from most multiple outlets including the movie staff and BP fans who don't like Coates.
    I think non of the other people Coates brought on got invites to the BP premier. Evans got in due to his connections to i09.

All this leads to Coates working behind the scenes to bring Evans down. The same might have happened to Browne if he started WoW with his Kasper story.

I have no evidence of any of this, but its a fun theory.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If people are posting links, could they clarify whether it's a comic thing or a movie thing? Still trying to avoid spoilers.

I don't care if anyone is still reading these reviews, Three Days until the Movie!
    Marvel Comics Presents #35 - Panther's Quest (Part 23) - Barriers

This story opens with a quote from Desmond Tutu saying that South Africans can live together as one people and pleads for peace.

T'Challa has a choice. He can land his Sonar Glider on Anton Pretorius's lawn and march in. He really wants to do this. In a way, this is the cocky, in-charge Panther that we'll see later in Priest's run. However, as much as he would enjoy that, he decided it's better to sneak in, verify his mother is actually there, and then decide whether to talk to her first.

Unfortunately, Gore's mercenaries are also about. He first takes on Miyo Moshigo, the man he rescued from the Necklace Ceremony. Moshigo is not very grateful and has an Uzi. The narrator tells Moshigo "don't freeze." Unfortunately, Moshigo did not get to respond with "I never freeze." Instead, they wrestle and he falls and is impaled with big spikes. This is surprisingly grusome and violent.

Next, an attack dog comes towards him. T'Challa decides to outrun him towards his destination. Unfortunately, his foot gets caught in a bear trap.

This issue is noteworthy for its violence. But I enjoyed it, wish I could keep reading to see what happened next.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Evans is getting praise from most multiple outlets including the movie staff and BP fans who don't like Coates.
    I think non of the other people Coates brought on got invites to the BP premier. Evans got in due to his connections to i09.

All this leads to Coates working behind the scenes to bring Evans down. The same might have happened to Browne if he started WoW with his Kasper story.

This is how Internet junk starts. By tomorrow afternoon someone on twitter will be citing you as an anonymous source.

I say more over in the media thread but that was a phenomenal movie. So much to say about it but until everyone has seen it I will just say don’t listen to the hype, it is better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Yall need to hurry and see this damn movie I want to talk about it so bad.

I've been reflecting how funny Shuri was. She clowned errbody!

spoilers:
    Also the way they used the heart shaped herb in the movie was very creative. I've always wondered how someone can challenged the Black Panther AFTER he has already eaten the herb because there would seem to be an unfair advantage.
    end of spoilers
    I saw it today and will be seeing it again on Saturday.

Nah, as much as I don’t like Coates I highly doubt he’d do something this scummy. But seeing the media constantly worshipping Coates to no end is getting annoying.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Nah, as much as I don’t like Coates I highly doubt he’d do something this scummy. But seeing the media constantly worshipping Coates to no end is getting annoying.
    I do. Especially since he is friends with Roxanne and he doesn't get her an invite. I could see if they were just friends and she had no association with Marvel, but she worked on (in name only) a black panther comic book. If I'm that persons friend and I found out he/she didn't get an invite, someone is going to hear from me. lol

And lets his name be first on the cover of Evans books. Even though Evans has stated that he is just a consultant.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-13-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted here but WTF!!! https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-new-power/
    I don't know if it was addressed here, but I know on a different forum we chewed that garbage article to pieces. The writer is ignorant and says Tchalla isn't afraid to sdk fo help instead of going solo and he did the opposite. Evan's made a point to have Tchalla not only shoot down Shuri asking if he wanted help, but then takes it s step further by then telling Shuri he is going dark... Desperate attempts to try and justify Coates poor treatment of Tchalla. Don't worry we already saw through the BS

And lets his name be first on the cover of Evans books. Even though Evans has stated that he is just a consultant.
    Was that his decision?

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Was that his decision?
    He didn't stop it from happening. lol

All-New Member

Just got back from seeing the movie, and despite being content with lurking in this thread for at least 4,200 pages had to comment.

A few nit picks, but on the way home realised that's something that features in a lot of the movies in this genre so wouldn't want to hold it to an unfair standard. Can't wait till everyone stateside sees it since so much to discus.

Had to go in mask so everybody knew what time it was.
    Attachment 62033
    Last edited by Shadicman; 02-13-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If people are posting links, could they clarify whether it's a comic thing or a movie thing? Still trying to avoid spoilers.

I don't care if anyone is still reading these reviews, Three Days until the Movie!
    Marvel Comics Presents #35 - Panther's Quest (Part 23) - Barriers

This story opens with a quote from Desmond Tutu saying that South Africans can live together as one people and pleads for peace.

T'Challa has a choice. He can land his Sonar Glider on Anton Pretorius's lawn and march in. He really wants to do this. In a way, this is the cocky, in-charge Panther that we'll see later in Priest's run. However, as much as he would enjoy that, he decided it's better to sneak in, verify his mother is actually there, and then decide whether to talk to her first.

Unfortunately, Gore's mercenaries are also about. He first takes on Miyo Moshigo, the man he rescued from the Necklace Ceremony. Moshigo is not very grateful and has an Uzi. The narrator tells Moshigo "don't freeze." Unfortunately, Moshigo did not get to respond with "I never freeze." Instead, they wrestle and he falls and is impaled with big spikes. This is surprisingly grusome and violent.

Next, an attack dog comes towards him. T'Challa decides to outrun him towards his destination. Unfortunately, his foot gets caught in a bear trap.

This issue is noteworthy for its violence. But I enjoyed it, wish I could keep reading to see what happened next.
    Gotcha! And I'm diggin these reviews of yours btw!
    “‎There's no way to cheat a sensualist like me, somebody who can die laughing for hours over the pattern of the carpet in a hotel lobby.”

Thanks. And, yeah, the only reason I'm asking for a clarification is I'm avoiding a lot of conversation in this thread for the next couple days because I want to avoid spoilers, but I obviously don't mind still looking at comics discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't know if it was addressed here, but I know on a different forum we chewed that garbage article to pieces. The writer is ignorant and says Tchalla isn't afraid to sdk fo help instead of going solo and he did the opposite. Evan's made a point to have Tchalla not only shoot down Shuri asking if he wanted help, but then takes it s step further by then telling Shuri he is going dark... Desperate attempts to try and justify Coates poor treatment of Tchalla. Don't worry we already saw through the BS
    I thought that as well!
    “‎There's no way to cheat a sensualist like me, somebody who can die laughing for hours over the pattern of the carpet in a hotel lobby.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shadicman View Post
    Just got back from seeing the movie, and despite being content with lurking in this thread for at least 4,200 pages had to comment.

A few nit picks, but on the way home realised that's something that features in a lot of the movies in this genre so wouldn't want to hold it to an unfair standard. Can't wait till everyone stateside sees it since so much to discus.

Had to go in mask so everybody knew what time it was.
    Attachment 62033
    LMAO Surprised you even got in wearing one. They ban that in my theater for safety reasons.
    Superhero shows are trash