That was...outstanding.

10 years and 17 movies, and they've still got it. Well-developed characters, a fantastic villain, gorgeous setting, good action, and an engaging story of family & political drama makes Black Panther one of the MCU's finest. Relative to the other MCU movies, it's a 5/5, no hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Point Man: "WAKANDA FOREVER!!!"
    Welcome back Flex!

We need that guy to get into someone’s ear about showing t’challas genius level more appropriately.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    That "one part" (if you've seen the movie, you know which part) of the car chase scene had a big laugh from the audience.
    Totally. That, the sandals, and M'Baku nearing the end. Which I thought was great because at the 9:30 showing, by then it was 11:30 and a good does of laughter was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think the weasley-wimp-Ross from Priest's run would have rubbed white folk the wrong way. Disney had to thread a needle and made mostly great choices. I agree some sacrifices could have been avoided, but that's a problem for the MCU at large(disposable villains).
    Because the humorous bits involving other characters went over well, I was glad to see they didn't relegate him to a bit role.

Klaw was the other central character who wasn't black and he was racist. Although, they did a good job of making it relatively subtle through his earlier scenes and actually kind of complex. It didn't make him one note or less amusing otherwise.

Welcome back my brother..
    Also u were right about that point man..

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    you should but spoiler tags up people haven't seen the movie still. [ Spoil ] [ /spoil ] take out the spaces
    I did that for my first post, but it became clear that it was a lost cause and I stopped.

Regarding Ross, I don't think this is Priest's Ross, but it could arguably be the character we saw in Hudlin's run, who was a much dryer character.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I REALLY liked this movie:

-The cast are all fantastic, with Shuri, Killmonger, and Nakia being particular standouts.
    -The female characters, with one exception, were all great overall.
    -The worldbuilding here is some of the best that the MCU has to offer, and the world of Wakanda itself is fascinating.
    -The action is mostly solid.
    -Killmonger gives Loki and Vulture a run for their money as the best/most interesting MCU villain to date.
    -Klaw is amazingly entertaining.
    -Etc.

My complaints are relatively minor:

spoilers:

-I kind of wish that they hadn't have killed off Killmonger and Klaw by the end. Both because I wanted to see more of them in the future and because that's arguably BP's two most well-known villains offed in the first film.
    -The transition between Klaw and Killmonger as the main villain felt kind of rushed and a bit clunky, and the former's death felt, unnecessary.
    -Some of the CGI wasn't great.
    -Ramonda was good, but a bit underused imo.
    -It seemed like they were setting up Killmonger's partner/GF to be a more important character, but then they just cast her aside without much fanfare. It was, odd, especially in a movie that does really well by it's female characters otherwise.
    -Etc.
    end of spoilers

But still, I'd easily give it a 9/10, maybe a 9.5.
    She was originally supposed to be doctor nightshade but dr. Nightshade is also going to be use on the Luke Cage show.. so then seemly end up changing her to someone else & give her maybe a lil less to do atleast for this flim

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That's why M'Baku could end up being a really good antagonist/rival. M'Baku, despite his antics, and boasts, truly cares for his country. So with T'Challa opening said country to the rest of the world, and being more focused with making the world better, rather than being king, M'Baku will be there to challenge him.

Imagine if there's an incident that renders vibranium inert, because of an outsider due to T'Challa's new policies? That would cripple the country, and M'Baku would be right there to take control.

In fact, it's good way to confront how disempowering vibranium has been to the people of Wakanda, and how the magical metal is really the only thing separating it from the rest of the countries that got colonized.
    And really it's not that hard to imagine why M'Baku or any Wakandan for that matter might be against Wakanda. Wakanda has done things the way they have for a very very long time, and they prospered. T'Challa is the one going against that and changing things. It's understandable that some might challenge his belief that change is the right thing, given that Wakanda was protected from the outside world because of it's secrety.

If Wakanda takes a big hit in Infinity War (and I'm assuming they will given that Thanos is invading), SOME Wakandans might fault T'Challa opening Wakanda up to the world for that. He reveals Wakanda and a few months later they are attacked... for anyone not happy with T'CHalla's reforms, the timing of that would probably would not go unnoticed. Mind you I'm not saying it would be T'Challa's fault... just saying I could buy M'Baku and some other more traditional Wakandans who maybe oppose Wakanda's direction using Infinity War as ammunicion against him.

But we'll see... I'm obviously just speculating. But I find the idea of resistance to T'Challa's reforms (even though I personally agree with them) a believable basis for a M'Baku heel turn.

Oh my Bast!

WAKANDA FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That's why M'Baku could end up being a really good antagonist/rival. M'Baku, despite his antics, and boasts, truly cares for his country. So with T'Challa opening said country to the rest of the world, and being more focused with making the world better, rather than being king, M'Baku will be there to challenge him.

Imagine if there's an incident that renders vibranium inert, because of an outsider due to T'Challa's new policies? That would cripple the country, and M'Baku would be right there to take control.

In fact, it's good way to confront how disempowering vibranium has been to the people of Wakanda, and how the magical metal is really the only thing separating it from the rest of the countries that got colonized.
    Coogler already said on an interview he made a point to make sure people knew Wakandans were special before Vibranium and that they weren't reliant on it. Specifically to stop that type of excuse from Unfans trying to downplay Wakanda

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    She was originally supposed to be doctor nightshade but dr. Nightshade is also going to be use on the Luke Cage show.. so then seemly end up changing her to someone else & give her maybe a lil less to do atleast for this flim
    My suspicion is her role has always been the same, but the name was an Easter Egg they decided to change because Luke Cage intends to use the character more prominently. It didn't take much to change the character's name, while Luke Cage would have had to overhaul the whole thing.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My suspicion is her role has always been the same, but the name was an Easter Egg they decided to change because Luke Cage intends to use the character more prominently. It didn't take much to change the character's name, while Luke Cage would have had to overhaul the whole thing.
    It's be cool if she end up being Madam slay or malice instead

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Great movie.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Killmonger
    M'Baku
    Tchalla
    Get out character were sexy sexy men.

Loved the Dora

Loved Tchalla and shuri

Loved Tchalla and Nakia.

Visually stunning movie as well. Very well done movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    All of this! Every word of it! Every word, I say! I'm packing my shit and moving to Wakanda so I can get next to Okoye, W'Kabi, Ayo and M'Baku! Don't forget that warrior woman from the Jabari Tribe!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    The passions that run wild here is truly awe inspiring! I couldn't help but think about my friends and Wakandan family here when I entered both the sold out viewings I went to. I'm thinking of going again today! This is definitely the movie my fellow BP enthusiasts deserved.

Black friends, Wakandan friends, we are Wakandan family!

I just love the budget and time Marvel spent on this film.

Here's some more info on why was cut out. We would have seen a little more Wakanada in the initial concept

hmmmm I think i might have preferred the alternate ending if it ended with the UN. Interesting.

I don't buy the Okay and Ayo scene. I mean the film had been written and in production before the Coates run even came out

The fact that Coogler wanted Christoper Priest's Kraven has me excited, but again Sony wouldn't have allowed that.

I'm not sure how Elijah Bradley would have fit into this story at all, which is why he was cut. Still, I want to hear what Coogler was initially thinking on that.

What's big in Chicago in the Marvel Universe?
    Last edited by Jabare; 02-18-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    It's be cool if she end up being Madam slay or malice instead
    I Don't think Madam Slay has any sort of civilian name, so in theory her or any woman could end up her without much difficulty. If it were Madam Slay by design though I assume they would throw a leopard in there somewhere. But I guess they could still say it's her after the fact if they wanna bring back Killmonger and his crew.