1. #69166
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    until his editors and the head honchos actually tell him he can't do that
    Honestly I doubt the editors care at this point. Now that marvel is getting the Fox movie properties, I'm doubtful they have a dog in the fight one way or the other.

  2. #69167
    Genetically Enhanced Baby FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Then again...



  3. #69168
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I doubt the editors care at this point. Now that marvel is getting the Fox movie properties, I'm doubtful they have a dog in the fight one way or the other.
    At this point it isn't a given that Marvel gets those properties. I'm honestly a little surprised the FCC isn't challenging that considering how nitpicky they are with other mergers like when they kabashed Comcast and Time Warner. Still even if it goes through and isn't challenged by any entities an acquisition of that magnitude takes time. Whether its two years or four years away, Disney probably won't bring them into the current MCU until a reboot of some sorts.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  4. #69169
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    At this point it isn't a given that Marvel gets those properties. I'm honestly a little surprised the FCC isn't challenging that considering how nitpicky they are with other mergers like when they kabashed Comcast and Time Warner. Still even if it goes through and isn't challenged by any entities an acquisition of that magnitude takes time. Whether its two years or four years away, Disney probably won't bring them into the current MCU until a reboot of some sorts.
    Besides, even if (or more likely when) they get the X-Men and Fantastic Four back, it’s still gonna take years for them to make their cinematic debut. Hell the BP trilogy might already be wrapping up by the time the mutants finally make their presence known in the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  5. #69170
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Besides, even if (or more likely when) they get the X-Men and Fantastic Four back, itís still gonna take years for them to make their cinematic debut. Hell the BP trilogy might already be wrapping up by the time the mutants finally make their presence known in the MCU.
    Praise Bast.

    T'Challa and Nakia 4 life
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 03-14-2018 at 02:26 AM.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  6. #69171
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I doubt the editors care at this point. Now that marvel is getting the Fox movie properties, I'm doubtful they have a dog in the fight one way or the other.
    I don't think that would be the issue. It's more how tightly the X-Office controls that franchise and how much synergy Marvel wants BP comics to mirror the movies ( or not).

  7. #69172
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    At this point it isn't a given that Marvel gets those properties. I'm honestly a little surprised the FCC isn't challenging that considering how nitpicky they are with other mergers like when they kabashed Comcast and Time Warner. Still even if it goes through and isn't challenged by any entities an acquisition of that magnitude takes time. Whether its two years or four years away, Disney probably won't bring them into the current MCU until a reboot of some sorts.
    I'm not saying the Fox movie guys are going to show up in the movies immediately. Merely saying they don't have the same issues they did when they were married, so I doubt editorial is really has a dog in the fight.

    As for the MCU getting a reboot of some sort... the 4th Avengers film is supposed to be a finale of sorts. I wouldn't necessarily use the word reboot... but the time there is pretty darn near perfect.

  8. #69173
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think that would be the issue. It's more how tightly the X-Office controls that franchise and how much synergy Marvel wants BP comics to mirror the movies ( or not).
    Given the MCU route has taken, I think it's best they keep outside franchise integration to a minimum. Black panthers Mythos is Rich enough to not have to worry about bringing others in. Explore Wakanda the Nation. People want that

  9. #69174
    Mighty Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Praise Bast.

    T'Challa and Nakia 4 life
    100% agreed on this!

  10. #69175
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Given the MCU route has taken, I think it's best they keep outside franchise integration to a minimum. Black panthers Mythos is Rich enough to not have to worry about bringing others in. Explore Wakanda the Nation. People want that
    I'd actually say the opposite. I think if BP is blowing up, he should be used as much as possible and be integrated as much as possible. A listers can't be off in their own corner of the MU. Spider-Man and Wolverine show up all over the place. And I think that's the sort of direction they should try and go with BP.

    And the fact that he organically has ties with every major franchise in marvel (the Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four) makes it that much easier. It wouldn't need to be forced.

  11. #69176
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,424

    Default

    I think Black Panther's solo should operate the same way Spider-Man or Captain America's does and deal with situations that only apply to Wakanda or Black Panther.

    But he should definitely be popping up like Iron Man did around Civil War. I don't think he should be used the same way as a guest star quite like Spider-Man or Wolverine though. When Black Panther guest stars in your book it should mean you're involved in something fairly major.
    Last edited by Things Fall Apart; 03-14-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Marvel 2-in-1
    DC Comics: Action Comics, Superman, Justice League, The Green Lantern

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

    Pokemon Go Trainer Code:

    3567 1784 8702

  12. #69177
    Spectacular Member Pulp Fiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    244

    Default

    I don't think anything movie related should cross over into the comics. MCU T'Challa is very much a vanilla and passive protagonist that had everything about the character butchered and served up as gourmet dinner for the supporting cast. Comicbook T'Challa still has all his tools for whenever a writer who respects him decides to take a crack.

  13. #69178
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    8,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Given the MCU route has taken, I think it's best they keep outside franchise integration to a minimum. Black panthers Mythos is Rich enough to not have to worry about bringing others in. Explore Wakanda the Nation. People want that
    Yeah, let's build up BP and Wakanda in the MCU before trying anything else. They can intro issues related to Wakanda and BP and sprinkle in a few here and there(FF for sure).

    I don't want total isolation but I don't want to see the MCU BP become the launching point of every super-hero.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 03-14-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

  14. #69179
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    8,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think Black Panther's solo should operate the same way Spider-Man or Captain America's does and deal with situations that only apply to Wakanda or Black Panther.

    But he should definitely be popping up like Iron Man did around Civil War. I don't think he should be used the same way as a guest star quite like Spider-Man or Wolverine though. When Black Panther guest stars in your book it should mean you're involved in something fairly major.

    Having BP and Iron Man in a book together is always great for me, especially when they're done right.

    I'm actually doing some fan-fiction involving these two.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

  15. #69180
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think Black Panther's solo should operate the same way Spider-Man or Captain America's does and deal with situations that only apply to Wakanda or Black Panther.

    But he should definitely be popping up like Iron Man did around Civil War. I don't think he should be used the same way as a guest star quite like Spider-Man or Wolverine though. When Black Panther guest stars in your book it should mean you're involved in something fairly major.
    Given Coates is writing Captain America and Black Panther, in the least I'm expecting those two to cross over occasionally. They're both on the same Avengers team, and T'Challa arguably has more history with Steve than pretty much any other super heroe (apart from Storm of course).

    But the nice thing about being an Avenger is that he'll show up for all the big stuff because really it's not a big thing unless the Avengers are there. So he'll be at the heart of whatever major thing is going on.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •