BANNED

Magic users tend to be able to create clothes.

I don't think she is Martian Manhunter.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The difference is, the Namor fight happened in BLACK PANTHER V2 #28. You expect the hero of the book to overcome obstacles in his own title.
    Volume 3, for what it's worth. Volume 1 is the Jack Kirby stories. Volume 2 is the miniseries involving the Panther god abandoning T'Challa and the Azanians.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    T'Challa punching Namor back isn't just about strength and anybody who understands fighting techniques or has at least been in a fight would know this.
    Namor is supposed to only be 100 class in water. T'challa isn't a regular human like Bruce is...
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Volume 3, for what it's worth. Volume 1 is the Jack Kirby stories. Volume 2 is the miniseries involving the Panther god abandoning T'Challa and the Azanians.
    I always get that messed up. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, the Hickman stuff worked just fine. Giant purple boxing gloves (or whatever the hell those things were) makes it more believable. A prepped T'Challa with the right gear can do that to anybody.

It's too bad Hickman didn't take the time to name and explain what exactly the giant purple boxing gloves were. A little bit of extra effort on the part of the writer can really go a long ways as far as branding a hero. Even in the first issue I'm still not sure if T'Challa had invisibility or camoflauge or if he was just the artist showing that he was moving really fast with a sort of image effect.

he doesn't have the flow fists out yet though? at best he has some vague purple knuckles.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Poor poor Gillis run. so underappreciated.

he doesn't have the flow fists out yet though? at best he has some vague purple knuckles.
    It had purple energy coming out of the glowing purple knuckles, so I can go with that. Hickmans stuff was believable enough. Again though, it would be nice if they were named and explained. Marvel needs to start doing those handbooks again, they were really handy back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It had purple energy coming out of the glowing purple knuckles, so I can go with that. Hickmans stuff was believable enough. Again though, it would be nice if they were named and explained. Marvel needs to start doing those handbooks again, they were really handy back in the day.
    Should just have some poor unpaid intern do an web version of it.

Poor poor Gillis run. so underappreciated.
    If nothing else, that run is memorable because it showed T'Challa having having interest in a Wakandan female.

Last edited by Dboi654; 01-20-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

That new preview is just annoying: the action is wack as usual; Coates' overtly poetic dialogue is present as usual; and Ayo is her usual idiotic self. What is Shuri's new power even? Fly with birds! Teleport as birds!! Attack with birds!!! That's extremely boring! T'Challa and Shuri don't even feel like highly trained warriors from birth anymore. And of course, more T'Challa bashing using Internet feminism!! NICE!!! Coates clearly doesn't want men to read his book. But hey someone is finally doing something... oh it's not T'Challa... nevermind.

I'm not even reading The Fault in our Wakanda... I mean World of Wakanda so I have nothing to say about it.

Regarding force push, I do think it's a logical upgrade. Other people in the MU have access to vibranium but I don't think any actually do what Wakanda as managed to do with the kinetic energy absorption property. The problem is - and will always be - Coates. I read an interview with Brian Stelfreeze online and he was talking about the book before it had been released. He explains the force push and I specifically remember him saying something along the lines that since Wakanda has lots of vibranium, every step T'Challa takes and every punch he throws and almost everything he touches adds energy to his suit. He also said it was a metaphor that Wakanda grounds him/his can't be separated from Wakanda and that he is strongest there, or something like that. So you see, the real problem is Coates, his agenda and his poor conceptualisation of action. Even Stelfreeze's concept art is enough proof of how he would use it. I do agree that it is taking the place of skill and better/familiar gear so it would probably work best in another suit or as prep gear.

Such terrible art for an intense moment. And right after the justice league fight, that had great art.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, the Hickman stuff worked just fine. Giant purple boxing gloves (or whatever the hell those things were) makes it more believable. A prepped T'Challa with the right gear can do that to anybody.

It's too bad Hickman didn't take the time to name and explain what exactly the giant purple boxing gloves were. A little bit of extra effort on the part of the writer can really go a long ways as far as branding a hero. Even in the first issue I'm still not sure if T'Challa had invisibility or camoflauge or if he was just the artist showing that he was moving really fast with a sort of image effect.
    I always assumed it was both invisibility/camouflage and speed. I saw it as he was quickly switching in and out of stealth mode while moving extremely fast to become unpredictable and surprise his opponents. That's really badass to me.