PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

The Storm (heh) comes!

"T’Challa’s failures as king..."

Ok. Ok. Ok. I geddit. He fails as a King. Maybe the next arc should be Black Panther: The King Who Fails. Sheesh.

or maybe Wakanda: Failed State. Bah!

...are revealed to the UNITED NATIONS!"

The who...?

And...?

Wait is this UN thing about the rape camps etc? If so...

Mayne.

Don't know...how much...longer...I can keep reading...this.
    Last edited by WAKANDA FOREVER!; 06-21-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Do you like it as a BOOK or as a Black Panther book?
    Sorry forgot to answer this. Both.

I came into this expecting Wakanda at it's worst state, with T'Challa not far off. That was the story Coates wanted to tell. To explore a Wakanda that has lost it's bragging right and is turmoil, and a T'Challa who isn't close to 100% trying to save it.

I'm intrigued by how outwardly stacked the odds are against T'Challa. His threats are man vs self, man vs man, AND man vs society. An extreme case of all three. I'm intrigued by the prospect of other forces in Wakanda trying to find their own ways to solve the problem, and how they will clash with T'Challa's. And DEFINITELY interested in where Shuri's story is going.

I want to see how he solves this problem. Though I get why many are wondering IF instead of HOW.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Man i hope Coates knows what he is doing

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

At least it can never be as bad as Maberry doomwar.

Really?

Coates has surpassed Maberry at this point.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 06-21-2016 at 02:04 PM.

BANNED

How do you pick your Namor Pics?

Anyway yeah no. For me to trust Coates. He has to earn trust. If I want a corrupt government dependent on one major resource with a radical group tearing apart the country. I will read News about Nigeria. I don't need a fake Boko Haram so Coates can give us his political message.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    How do you pick your Namor Pics?

Anyway yeah no. For me to trust Coates. He has to earn trust. If I want a corrupt government dependent on one major resource with a radical group tearing apart the country. I will read News about Nigeria. I don't need a fake Boko Haram so Coates can give us his political message.
    My hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Sorry forgot to answer this. Both.

I came into this expecting Wakanda at it's worst state, with T'Challa not far off. That was the story Coates wanted to tell. To explore a Wakanda that has lost it's bragging right and is turmoil, and a T'Challa who isn't close to 100% trying to save it.

I'm intrigued by how outwardly stacked the odds are against T'Challa. His threats are man vs self, man vs man, AND man vs society. An extreme case of all three. I'm intrigued by the prospect of other forces in Wakanda trying to find their own ways to solve the problem, and how they will clash with T'Challa's. And DEFINITELY interested in where Shuri's story is going.

I want to see how he solves this problem. Though I get why many are wondering IF instead of HOW.
    I guess going into it not expecting it to be a story about T'Challa kicking ass and taking names is probably better because when soemthing awesome happens we would be surprised. At the very least after he tells the story he wants to tell, i thnik it would be a good idea to then tell the story that Fans (old and new) would like to see. Especially now that T'Challa is blowing up, its good to keep that momentum going for as long as possible considering he can be laying some true ground work

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Really?

Eh I wouldn't go that far. Now if Coates has T'Challa given a speech, thanking Tetu, "The People" an the MA for teaching him a lesson, then yes i would agree. Atm though no

I guess going into it not expecting it to be a story about T'Challa kicking ass and taking names is probably better because when soemthing awesome happens we would be surprised. At the very least after he tells the story he wants to tell, i thnik it would be a good idea to then tell the story that Fans (old and new) would like to see. Especially now that T'Challa is blowing up, its good to keep that momentum going for as long as possible considering he can be laying some true ground work
    Judging by solicits... he aint kicking ass til 2017...

My souls gonna hurt when the MA beat his ass next issue lol. I aint gonna put that on my feat and fight page im workin on thats for sure
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Or....

BANNED

How hard is copying the movie? I just hope at this point post BP Movie. We get a reboot that is closer to that. Having to hear about this crap 2nd Hand is annoying. I am obviously not paying for this run. I wouldn't even pirate it. Its literally not worth my money or time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Really?

The difference is thus. Sure we all had beef with Mayberry or Hickman. But that was them undermining T'Challa by having him talk a big game but not get sufficient revenge against Wakandan Plunderers. Ie they undermined T'Challa but at least Shuri looked good in Hickman's stuff for instance. The problem with Coates is not only is he ruining T'Challa. He is undermining the central concept of Wakanda. Widespread government ignored child trafficking/women raping should not be happening in Wakanda. I grow tired of those stories always occurring in trips to Africa but they definitely shouldn't be occurring in Wakanda Proper. Corrupt government members trying to sell some black market Vibranium is one thing. This is whole nother kettle of fish.
    Last edited by JediKage; 06-21-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If you wanna see them all in a row.....

Black Panther #1

Black Panther #2

Black Panther #3

Black Panther #4

Black Panther #5

Black Panther #6
    :sighs: I might just wait till the trades and read what long time Panther fans say of it.This isn't what I signed up for and I definitely started losing a bit of interest with the last issue. It's a well written book and I love the art, but the story it's telling, things that don't fit previously established narratives concerning T'Challa and his family really turns me off.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Eh I wouldn't go that far. Now if Coates has T'Challa given a speech, thanking Tetu, "The People" an the MA for teaching him a lesson, then yes i would agree. Atm though no
    I'm doubting that big time. If anyone deserves either death or imprisonment, it's Tetu. I'd even potentially lean on Zenzi too. Responsible for way too much chaos and death.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

I think the idea is that the story he wants to tell will be something fans actually want to see. The goal is that they are one in the same to the degree that the book has solid sales. And he's achieved that thus fat ... though it's still early.

But he can't and shouldn't write the story to chase sales. That almost never works.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But he can't and shouldn't write the story to chase sales. That almost never works.
    That's exactly what messed Priest up. Though he was coming from a different angle than what may be being advise (leaning to try to cater to mainstream vs leaning to try to cater to longtime fans).

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    How hard is copying the movie? I just hope at this point post BP Movie. We get a reboot that is closer to that. Having to hear about this crap 2nd Hand is annoying. I am obviously not paying for this run. I wouldn't even pirate it. Its literally not worth my money or time.

The difference is thus. Sure we all had beef with Mayberry or Hickman. But that was them undermining T'Challa by having him talk a big game but not get sufficient revenge against Wakandan Plunderers. Ie they undermined T'Challa but at least Shuri looked good in Hickman's stuff for instance. The problem with Coates is not only is he ruining T'Challa. He is undermining the central concept of Wakanda. Widespread government ignored child trafficking/women raping should not be happening in Wakanda. I grow tired of those stories always occurring in trips to Africa but they definitely shouldn't be occurring in Wakanda Proper. Corrupt government members trying to sell some black market Vibranium is one thing. This is whole nother kettle of fish.
    On all fairness we have seen drug problems and kidnapping in Wakanda before. Wakanda has the same problems that even advanced nations have. That stuff happens in the US and I'm sure Obama knows about it but there's only so much you can do.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-21-2016 at 02:34 PM.