Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Black Panther #6

I can feel the storm coming on this thread based on the sypnosis
    Jeez man thats going to be insane how this thread is gonna blow.. Though i wonder if after this arc if other nation a re going to try and challenge Wakanda or something

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Jeez man thats going to be insane how this thread is gonna blow.. Though i wonder if after this arc if other nation a re going to try and challenge Wakanda or something
    Maybe that's when T'Challa's plans starts coming in to play just like how T'Challa was locked out of his kingdom by Achebe in priest's run. But so far, yeah, its going to be a war zone here lol

T’Challa’s failures as king are revealed to the UNITED NATIONS!
    • Ayo and Aneka, the Midnight Angels, are courted by Tetu and The People to raise Wakanda to glory, but at what price?
    • The storyline that has critics raving and retailers selling out continues!

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

T'challa be like, fuck this shit, im just gonna bulk up and sit in this cool ass chair

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

*looks at the solicts*

God damn it... This is gonna be a LONG trip.

Honestly, I think this solict should make it clear. If you currently are annoyed of the direction, might as well stop reading now until further notice.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Maybe that's when T'Challa's plans starts coming in to play just like how T'Challa was locked out of his kingdom by Achebe in priest's run. But so far, yeah, its going to be a war zone here lol
    I can feel the storm coming on this thread based on the sypnosis
    Won't be from me.

Maybe one day of bitchin on the day of release and then im throwin' deuces.

If this is the direction this is going (Issue 6? really?) then I am going to start reading the comic on 4chan instead of using my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    *looks at the solicts*

God damn it... This is gonna be a LONG trip.
    Long is an understatement. 4 more issues AT MINIMUM of T'challa failing essentially.

So in.... November???? T'challa might win? 2017 is TCHALLAS TIME!!! right?

Honestly, I think this solict should make it clear. If you currently are annoyed of the direction, might as well stop reading now until further notice.
    who knew that when this happened...

That Doom blew the soul out of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That Doom blew the soul out of the character.
    I don't believe that at all. Despite my own misgivings (and really, I'm just saying to those that have already had a problem that it's going to continue, so you might as well stop reading now), movies/tv overtake comics and frankly, I'm expect T'Challa to fix things up by the second half.

I just don't think this whole first half should be a trainwreck for T'Challa to get the point across.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Yeah, I might have to tap out earlier than issue #5.

I'm not gonna stick around for another Pyrrhic victory. It sucks because I was genuinely excited for Coates run, but given the direction it's going I might end up disliking it more than Rawmood.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Now that is cool looking. I hope that Actually is a panel from the Ultimates as j think everyone here could stand to see some more of this for T'Challa

I don't believe that at all. Despite my own misgivings (and really, I'm just saying to those that have already had a problem that it's going to continue, so you might as well stop reading now), movies/tv overtake comics and frankly, I'm expect T'Challa to fix things up by the second half.

I just don't think this whole first half should be a trainwreck for T'Challa to get the point across.
    Yeah, Usually in these types of stories we at least get to see the Hero start in a good place. We're shown they're status quo and why they're seen as great before the world is torn asunder. With this is literally starts out with "This is T'Challa, he sucks at his job and nobody likes him".

I said before that I thought Coates miscalculated what Black Panther fans wanted from an ongoing series and what new fans needed, but when I really think about it, he just flat out didn't care what fans wanted. His comment that long time fans wouldn't like his story shows that.

I'm not even going to recommend this series to people who want to read more about T'Challa, because as I've been saying this is a terrible introduction to the character.

I feel like the mistake being made is that Coates is doing a story like Hickmans TRO where he wants things to get bad before they get good.. the problem though is that so far, T'Challa hasn't grabbed any noteworthy feats, because if your doing a story like this then you need give feats and mini successes to the hero. You can't just et them drag their feet. Also I truly hope that the plan Coates mentioned is a good one and that this ride won't come crashing in a blaze of failure. I'm a stick through till the end. But that's it good description to read for issue 6

Also is just e or does it sound like the MA are turning a little to the villainous side now? Also it said Tetu and the people and not Tetu and Zenzi, could it possibly be that becomes an ally to T'Challaby the time issue 6 rolls by?
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 06-21-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For what it's worth, I think the book so far us pretty good. The art and writing are as good if not better than anything on the shelf at the moment IMO. And I think critically at least it's been well received.

The books not bad. It's simply not what everyone necessarily wants. But no book can make everyone happy all the time. The most you can do is get enough people happy to generate solid sales. And thus far this book has done that and then some. Whether or not it can maintain that is a different matter.
    SO far it's a bad Black Panther book.

If this book was titled "Tales of Wakanda" you could say it's not a bad book. But as a book where the title character is supposed to be the main protagonist and hero this book sucks.

I feel like the mistake being made is that Coates is doing a story like Hickmans TRO where he wants things to get bad before they get good.. the problem though is that so far, T'Challa hasn't grabbed any noteworthy feats, because if your doing a story like this then you need give feats and mini successes to the hero. You can't just et them drag their feet. Also I truly hope that the plan Coates mentioned is a good one and that this ride won't come crashing in a blaze of failure. I'm a stick through till the end. But that's it good description to read for issue 6
    It's not even about feats (at least not for me). The book is done in such a way that T'Challa is painted as poor leader, superhero, and not even a very good person. Hickman's run made it a point to show that both Reed and T'Challa were good men that were forced to do horrible things in order to save the world, and they lost their souls in the process.

Coates paints a picture of T'Challa being nothing but a terrible king. No mention of him saving all of existence, no mention of his nobility or altruistic nature, Not even so much as a warm moment between him and his mother. All we've gotten so far is "T'Challa is a bad leader, T'Challa ignored sex trafficking, T'Challa doesn't understand his people at all, T'Challa isn't focused, T'Challa let his sister die, T'Challa couldn't protect Wakanda.