Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So it looks like they will be copying the movie

Why would T'challa still be mourning T'chaka at this point in the show?

If you’ve ever lost a parent then you’d now that mourning can take place even long after death

http://overpoweredentertainment.com/...black-panther/

At long last, a critic that doesn’t dick ride Chokes and calls out his abysmal excuse of a run for the BS that it truly is. Bless this man.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    http://overpoweredentertainment.com/...black-panther/

At long last, a critic that doesn’t dick ride Chokes and calls out his abysmal excuse of a run for the BS that it truly is. Bless this man.
    This critic is only saying what anyone who actually appreciates the BP mythos has been saying from day one about Coates bone headedly obtuse and tone deaf approach to said mythos.

Hickman course corrected towards SWII's conclusion by having T'Challa take Wakanda back to before the first Incursion event even happened but Coates chose to wilfully ignore that I'm favour of dysfunction and rape camps.

To me, that was pretty cut and dried from the very beginning of Coates run.

Coates has a clearly jaundiced view of Africa as a continent to such a degree that he forgot that Wakanda is a fictional African nations that was never affected by the Transatlantic slave trade, colonialism or the draining of natural resources from Africa by the West via wholly unfair trade practices.

To Coates, the concept of an African nations untainted by external intervention or supremacist ideologies, is an anathema as evidenced by his hav8ng T'Challa sitting down with Western despots to discuss ways of quelling dissent within Wakandan borders.

What I've found even egregious is the number of Coates acolytes who have praised his dross to the high heavens.

But then again, we live in strange times where proven fact (complete with supporting evidence) is described as being "fake news."

I'm cautiously optimistic that Rise of the Black Panther is a fitting title for this series Evan Narcisse is writing. I'm hopeful he turns out to be another Hudlin and break the stint of deconstruction Tchalla has been plagued with for the past years. It Also sound's like a good name of a new ongoing really to coincide with the movie

Naaaaaaaakiaaaaa Foreeeeeeeevvveeeeerrrrrrrr!

"Her King's Love"

Waitasecond.. hold up.. i think i've decoded it. Bear with me

*major spoiler alert*

King's Love = Nakia

King = T'Challa

King's Love = T'Challa's Love

T'Challa's Love = Nakia

Even you bum ass unfans gotta appreciate what Coogler is doing with the goddess Lupita. Black girl magic. Dark chocolate beauty. Black unapologetic love!

Admit your excitement unfans! Admit your elation and exuberance for Wakandan love! Do it now!

muahhahahahaha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Even you bum ass unfans gotta appreciate what Coogler is doing with the goddess Lupita. Black girl magic. Dark chocolate beauty. Black unapologetic love!

Admit your excitement unfans! Admit your elation and exuberance for Wakandan love! Do it now!

muahhahahahaha
    Nakia = unfans bane.

Invicta putting out a Black Panther watch.

Forget the watch I want the BP car lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Hickman wrote Queen Shuri as a true BOSS.

Unfortunately, he also gave us the beginning of the age of milquetoast T'Challa complete with oversized boxing gloves, juggling knives and much falling to the knees and piteous weeping.
    NAMOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broken spears at his feet.

Crying in front of the homies.

No bueno......

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So basically this means the movie is definitely going to be a slam freaking dunk overseas, Especially with what is supposed to show up in the movies
    We might see rednecks (and not just the ones related to POC) enjoying this film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggiyy View Post
    If you’ve ever lost a parent then you’d now that mourning can take place even long after death
    For real. You can go weeks after losing a parent with no problems, something brings back a memory, and you suddenly need to excuse yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    We might see rednecks (and not just the ones related to POC) enjoying this film.
    Well it was hinted that there would be giant robots appearing in BP, and we know how much people love big robots, here and in China. Hence why Pacific Rim and transformers do so well despite the story Being thrown out the window, now add in a James Bond espionage super hero film with advanced cities and giant robots?
    Folks gonna be like

Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    This critic is only saying what anyone who actually appreciates the BP mythos has been saying from day one about Coates bone headedly obtuse and tone deaf approach to said mythos.

Hickman course corrected towards SWII's conclusion by having T'Challa take Wakanda back to before the first Incursion event even happened but Coates chose to wilfully ignore that I'm favour of dysfunction and rape camps.

To me, that was pretty cut and dried from the very beginning of Coates run.

Coates has a clearly jaundiced view of Africa as a continent to such a degree that he forgot that Wakanda is a fictional African nations that was never affected by the Transatlantic slave trade, colonialism or the draining of natural resources from Africa by the West via wholly unfair trade practices.

To Coates, the concept of an African nations untainted by external intervention or supremacist ideologies, is an anathema as evidenced by his hav8ng T'Challa sitting down with Western despots to discuss ways of quelling dissent within Wakandan borders.

What I've found even egregious is the number of Coates acolytes who have praised his dross to the high heavens.

But then again, we live in strange times where proven fact (complete with supporting evidence) is described as being "fake news."
    I could not even finish Hickman's run. So I was beyond disappointed Coates found inspiration with a run that showed BP at his absolute lowest.

Crazy how Lee & Kirby had more love for Africa back in the 1960's than some "woke" bloke in the 21st century.