Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    they purposefully gave Shuri a unique role (and even stealing it from comic T'challa himself) to stop any of the "Shuri is just woman T'challa whose only role is eventually be BP."
    I think it's even simpler than that. On the round table from the Blu Ray they pretty much tip their hand.

T'challa could be black James Bond.

James Bond has a Q, T'challa should have a Q.

I suppose they could have used Taku or W'Kabi but Shuri is a recognizable character from the comics and needed a role that set her apart from the other women who all have something to do. Boom. She's "Q".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what would have said? they both agreed in 172 there are no titles to what they have .
    It like Steve Harvey said. When you're evasive about the relationship. It's not serious. When you're serious, you let everyone and their grandmother know that's my women. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Shuri stands a better chance of being the MCU's version of Ironheart to be honest than BP
    I really dislike this idea. Shuri and Riri should remain separate characters. Ironheart is something tied to Riri. If Shuri is gonna create her own armor, that's fine. Let her be great. But I'm not here for her Taking over Tony's mantle. Shuri is about all Wakanda everything. Leave her be. I don't want her to take T'Challa's mantle either. She's got her own spot in Wakandan lore. Show us that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would like to say, first off RDJ started as iron Man at what? 42?-43? So it's not like T'chadwick is too old that's just an excuse. T'chadwick hit the ground running and every movie he has been in has grossed 1 Bil, and his solo is the biggest of all. Marvel is going to keep him as long as they can
    RDJ needed Iron man to save his career. Probably be back in jail by now.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, you are an X fan who really really really really wants to believe that the X office will finally let this happen.

I am a BP fan who has been burned by the X office one too many times.

You are optimistic, looking at vagueness and seeing the good side. You see it as Tom being a continuity master who somehow got ahold of BP script while it was being written and knew the ending of season 2.

Me pessimistic, looking at vagueness and seeing the bad side. That Tom left it vague to give the himself an out if he wants to hook Storm up with Forge, Namor, or whatever flavor of the month it is this time.

I guess we will see what happens *shrug*
    Course, the easiest way for the author to give himself an out IF he wants to hook up Storm with someone else is to simply not reference the relationship at all.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, the easiest way for the author to give himself an out IF he wants to hook up Storm with someone else is to simply not reference the relationship at all.
    Same could be said for Ewing. He mentioned the main stories, but found how work arounds. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It like Steve Harvey said. When you're evasive about the relationship. It's not serious. When you're serious, you let everyone and their grandmother know that's my women. lol
    More than anything, I think it's a simple matter of the X writer not necessarily feeling it's his place to define the relationship. Mentioning they are dating without specifics means he can address continuity without worrying about stepping on Coates toes. It's more Coates story to tell. The x books are just referring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    RDJ needed Iron man to save his career. Probably be back in jail by now.
    On the plus side for Chadwick though, the guaranteed ridiculous payday from BP and Avengers movies means he doesn't have to do **** like Gods of Egypt anymore lol

He can do the smaller scale stuff (which may get a boost because of his boost in profile) without worrying about the paycheck as much.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Question, why would Shuri become Black Panther when T'challa being Panther hit it so well? I ask only cause one, let's give a black male hero a time to be absorbed before he gets snatched away for a woman.
    Shuri may have more fans then T'challa now, and by the third film it would not be a big surprise if in Black panther 2 Ryan sets Shuri up to become the Black Panther is Black Panther 3.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what would have said? they both agreed in 172 there are no titles to what they have .
    I've got to agree with his. They haven't established Shuri to be anything like her 616 counterpart. She's a tech genius, heading the Wakanda design group. She doesn't have a complex to be Queen like her 616 counterpart. She's not eager to take place in the warrior falls challenge. Marvel can do what they want and if they feel they want to push her in that direction its fine.

However unlike some of the stage 1 Marvel Universe, Black Panther already has a great and fairly flushed out nucleus. It would be incredibly surprising for people to mix that up. Literally I only hear people talking about this in this thread.

Shuri is a scientist and tech genius. That is how she's been established in two films. She hasn't shown an aptitude for h2h combat or politics. If I'm suppose to buy it as a character arch it probably needs to happen in movie 4 or not at all.

If she does become BP it would be more like Ironman. Even with the heart shaped herb she isn't a fighter, she'd need some strong tech armor and weapons.

I'd argue they are doing something new with Shuri. This is why I don't get why people think she will BP it doesn't fit the character or MCU right now. Will see how movie 2 shapes up, but at the end of BP if T'Challa or Killmonger isn't King I don't see Shuri jumping the line to be Queen especially with he challenge.

Similar to the idea of Bucky becoming Captain America. IT doesn't make sense in that universe. At least Black Panther is a mantle passed from Warrior to Warrior. Captain America is Steve Rogers and has always been Steve Rogers. I don't see why people would feel the need for someone else to mimic him in a live action setting. People are going to be their own. Comics do it to mix things up or boost another character. I just can't Falcon or Bucky being Steve. it doesn't make sense in that Universe.

If Shuri wanted to I guess there is at least a sensible narrative to pursue that, but as the tech genius of Wakanda who loves the lab that would be a sharp 180.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Shuri may have more fans then T'challa now
    Or may not

and by the third film it would not be a big surprise if in Black panther 2 Ryan sets Shuri up to become the Black Panther is Black Panther 3.
    Walk me through the logic of this. T'challa's fans will dwindle between Avengers 4, BP 2, Avengers 5, and BP 3 to the point passing the torch to someone else makes sense? She's the Q to his James Bond but never mind that apparently?

And why can't the two co-exist in their specific roles? What if she wants to be an ambassador of sorts with the outreach center as her base of operations? Why MUST it be Wakanda with her as queen and T'Challa just...gone or whatever people think will happen to him in part 3 to make this possible. Cause he's old? LOL Denzel's about to star in his first sequel to an action heavy movie at 63, I think his age is fine.

But again, walk me through the logic of this. *pulls up a chair, listens*

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Or may not

But again, walk me through the logic of this. *pulls up a chair, listens*
    There really isn't any lol. It is fear of a boogyman under the bed.

THe story telling boogywoman stuff has been beaten to death here.

But it is the merchandise aka where the real money is, that people are ignoring. Disney doesn't give a **** if a journalist asks about a team female Wakanda. Disney cares about the kid who went and bout the 10 dollar action figure at Target.

Especially when you get into the fact that T'challa is the only heroic male in the franchise. He is the one selling action figures. He is the one selling tshirts. He is the one selling lego sets, halloween costumes, panther claws. Those things are still very much dominated by men and boys.

Well, M'baku I guess. But I really doubt Disney executive are ready to put Man-Ape on tshirts and rock M'baku Halloween costumes. Dude ddn't even get a funko pop until the 2 wave release well after the movie came out lol.

If you kill off or replace T'challa with Shuri, you have virtually eliminated a whole very large demographic. There isn't another heroic male in the franchise to take up the merchandise mantle.

You can't replace a whole toy aisle at target with okoye, nakia, or shuri panther. It just wouldn't work. At all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    A whole lot of paranoia in this thread concerning T’Challa’s future.

-T’Challa is the BP and King in the MCU.

-T’Challa is the BP and King in the comics.

-T’Challa is the BP and King in other media and merchandising.

-T’Challa was the lead character in a billion dollar solo movie that gained a humongous following.

-T’Challa is more popular than ever before.

Why on Earth would Feige and the writers sideline T’Challa now? He’s the franchise player. He’s a cash cow. It would be insane for them to do so before, at the least, getting a trilogy out of him.

Just because some vocal MCU fans want Shuri to become a BP doesn’t mean it will happen now or even at all. Cap hasn’t been replaced despite first appearing 7 years ago. Same with Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk. All of them have legacy characters and non of them have been replaced yet. T’Challa will, at the least, get his three solo films.

At best, someone will be the temp leader in Avengers 4 until T’Challa comes back by the end of that film to be in charge once more in time for BP 2. Either way, T’Challa will be back and in charge.

Lastly, if a spin-off film of some kind does come out, that doesn’t mean that the BP solo films are done, nor does it mean that T’Challa couldn’t play a role in said film. Peggy Carter getting her spin-off didn’t prevent the Cap films from continuing.

Y’all need to relax lol.
    This right here. I don't know why people are getting so bent out of shape. Everything coming out of anyone's mouth is being analyzed to an extreme level and twisted into T'Challa is going to be replaced or sidelined despite Every movie he has been has grossed 1 Bil, his movie is the highest superhero Solo movie ever, bigger then Batman, bigger then Bond, out grossed TLJ, and Harry Potter to secure a seat in the top 10 WW gross, has the 3rd highest domestic gross currently holds the record for marvel movies to stay number 1 at the BO 5 weeks.. and people still think he will be replaced?... Bast have mercy

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Shuri may have more fans then T'challa now, and by the third film it would not be a big surprise if in Black panther 2 Ryan sets Shuri up to become the Black Panther is Black Panther 3.
    This is backed by literally Zero actual facts

Double post
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-16-2018 at 11:45 AM.