BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Man I’m just sitting here waiting for this movie to crack a billion. And then kick back, relax, and drink the delicious tears of unfans everywhere. Satisfaction, thy name is T’Challa.

BP’s success gives me hope for Miles’ animated movie

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Post from 2016, T'Challa's love interest. Ezy Brezy makes the right call!
    My prediction game is on point Lol

Wow. Saw Black Panther... That was amazing. I gotta say, my only regret is that I read spoiler's, but cotdamn that was the best Marvel Movie ever. It felt like it had so much more substance to it then other super hero movies, the scenery was beautiful, I didn't cry in the first part but dammit did my heart soar and feel pride for my heritage, my favorite scenes were on warrior falls for Sure, those were also probably the best choreographed fights in all of the marvel movies . They felt gritty and raw, not advanced tech, no superpower shenanigans, steel on steel combat..

The weight behind the words, and the scenes were do powerful. I truly felt bad for Erik. I kind of wish he didn't die. It had to be done of course but I felt for the dude but that scene with the sunset with him and Tchallas Actually got me teared up a bit, it was a very powerful scene and very symbolic considering that he gave Erik a proper burial and to me was him correcting his father's sins with his brother.. Tchalla.. my Man... Powerful, I know Okoye Nakia and Shuri were scene stealers but Tchalla commanded every scene. That, is how you show Tchalla vulnerable, T'chadwick nailed his role that dude can bring the house down, real weight behind the tears and you can feel his pain in both encounters and sympathize with him (same with Eriks scene with his father). Honestly I don't get how people thought Tchalla looked bad with his fight with Erik. He was distraught, Shuri yelled at him to snap out of it to, because you could tell he wasn't strolling with that same confidence he was with M'Baku (BTW I want this M'Baku in the comics please!) But I still think he did well for a guy who just had his image of his father crushed.

My only complaint? The movie felt too short. And by that I mean that I didn't want it to end. There was less action in the movie then other Marvel films (or maybe not because the first movies aren't super action heavy ad the sequels) but I felt the action mattered and felt more complementary then required. I was so engrossed by the heavy themes I didn't need a ton of over the top action and explosions. It was a serious movie with action both super hero type and political with a powerful message about current climates in Black communities. The ending was so inspiring.

I could go on and on but it's late. 20/10 for me though.

Wakanda Forever!!!

I think the most cathartic thing about this movies success (along with Wonder Woman) is that it’s just the biggest middle finger to Ike Perlmutter on what sells and what doesn’t. You gotta wonder how he’s reacting to all this.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think the most cathartic thing about this movies success (along with Wonder Woman) is that it’s just the biggest middle finger to Ike Perlmutter on what sells and what doesn’t. You gotta wonder how he’s reacting to all this.
    I'm sure his reaction is the same as a lot of old guard studio heads, either claim it's a fluke or say it's a hit because of the Marvel brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    BP’s success gives me hope for Miles’ animated movie
    it's a Spider-Man film and Peter Parkers already been confirmed. If it doesn't do well its all on Sony
    The J-man

...I wonder why Killmonger didn't directly ask why Wakanda didn't intervene in the slave trades?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Regarding Shuri: Disney now has no excuse. they need to start hiring black actresses to play Shuri at their parks. Market her more with merchandise. Make her part of the "princess" franchise. Why not?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    it's a Spider-Man film and Peter Parkers already been confirmed. If it doesn't do well its all on Sony

Exactly my point, Sony has bungled that franchise until the deal with Marvel Studios and they that’s before adding in that having faith in minority lead films are something they’re not feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ...I wonder why Killmonger didn't directly ask why Wakanda didn't intervene in the slave trades?

Regarding Shuri: Disney now has no excuse. they need to start hiring black actresses to play Shuri at their parks. Market her more with merchandise. Make her part of the "princess" franchise. Why not?
    Disney Princess Fans: Princess Tiana is cool, but we want an honest to god AFRICAN princess!

Disney: Got you covered! *adds Shuri to the franchise*
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Though this movie does touch on some serious issues, I also think they wanted to keep it light enough so as not to bog it down too much with real life issues for those just interested in a dun super hero flick. I think they needed to find a balance, and too much emphasis on things like slavery and such might be a turn off to some. Plus you probably don't want Wakanda coming off too badly even if you want Killmonger to have a valid point. Again there's a tricky balance.

http://abc7chicago.com/education/dis...nther/3142281/

The cynical part of me recognizes that this is nothing more than a drop in the bucket for Disney and a tax write-off with a bit of added promotion, but at the same time, they were under no obligation to do anything, so this is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    http://abc7chicago.com/education/dis...nther/3142281/

The cynical part of me recognizes that this is nothing more than a drop in the bucket for Disney and a tax write-off with a bit of added promotion, but at the same time, they were under no obligation to do anything, so this is cool.
    Yeah, tax write off or not a million dollars is a million dollars. That's very cool.

no wakandan sex slavery camps! No! Nooo!!! No drug trade!! No gangs!
    Gangs are probably the worst we'll see. Sex slavery and drug trading? Not so much?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Erik may not have asked it but in some way it was explained early in the film. The opening animatic scene where the explanation of Vibranium coming down from the sky and landing in Wakanda to the tribes uniting, remember that? The sequence goes on to talk about watching the outside world develop around them while they remained concealed in their isolated world.
    The walls, or tech shield, that generations of Wakandan Kings had kept in place while Wakanda was made great was what T'Challa was seeking to change.
    I'd wager that if they had stopped the slave trade and began interacting with the world then, things would be different for the whole continent if not the world so it's probably too heavy a topic to get into for an escapist fantasy superhero film.

As to Shuri...if you know your comics you know she eventually becomes Black Panther. I'd wager her contract is structured long term like Sebastian Stans was for 9 films on the off chance they turn him into Captain America. Her larger push is coming.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Posts from 2016 about BP movie merchandise. Foreshadowing by Vic Vega and MoS:

I got's mine.
    There is so much merch now, my biggest problem now is avoiding buying the Marvel Masterworks Killmonger Figure thinking its the BP figure(Killmonger's got the Panther suit with the Gold trim).

There's so much merch now, I could easily (!) blow a paycheck buying it all (action figs ain't cheap, lol)