Page 1001 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199799899910001001100210031004100510111051110115012001 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Prior to the CBR reboot, The BP Appreciation threads were more like chapters in a freaking book with each one leading into the next one seamlessly.

So much goodness was lost post reboot.
    Those were the days. CBB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I can honestly say that after the continual chumping out T'Challa has been subjected to from Doomwar/AvX onwards, I now have ZERO interest in the proposed Black Panther solo book or movie supposedly coming out in 2018.

Coates proposed "revolution in Wakanda" angle is just tired and Chadwick Boseman is the last person I would envision playing T'Challa on the big screen.

Peace.
    I'm going to give it a shot so I can see for myself what is going on with BP. If its more of the same then it's a pass. I'll give Coates the benefit of the doubt until he shows me otherwise. As far as the movie goes, they have to have a great script as well as a credible actor. So far Marvel's track record has been pretty good in that dept. I would give them a B-. Tying BP into Civil War will give him give him a serious and political tone which should carry over into the BP movie. Here's hoping that everyone can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm actually curious as to what Coates is going to bring to T'Challa. It's BP solo title so there's less of a chance of him being chumped for whatever story reason.

As far as the movie is concerned, I'll say what I said in a different thread about a different character I like...I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's Hollywood...
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Dissenters are inevitable, regardless of the form of government. What matters is what the people, as a whole, think of their leaders.

The Wakandan people have trusted their Royal family to lead their nation for a very long time and that trust has been well-placed. Wakanda' status in the world is proof of such.

So to go from that to a people's revolution means something major must have happened. I'm very curious on who or what is the catalyst for such an event.

EDIT: Historically, Wakanda has had a parliament / council in addition to the monarchy as well.
    The 1st person that usually comes o mind is Killmonger. Depending on the situation coming out of Secret Wars and if Shuri is still alive and what her status is, there could be supporters who want her back on the throne.

Someone like Chiwetel would've been pretty cool as T'Challa, since he's british-nigerian and most likely spoke a form of pigeon english to where speaking with an accent would be second nature. Plus iirc Priest's run had them speaking in Hausa from time to time, which is a main language of northern/muslim nigeria. Not that i know if Chiwetel would be familiar with that but if so it'd make for some cool moments between the wakandans. And of course, most important, Chiwetel is a bad ass, charismatic actor all around.

That's not to take anything away from Boseman. I'm honestly not too familiar with him (outside of the praise he got for 42 and Get On Up). So how well he'll sound, act, match wits, etc etc.. :shrug: but i'm going to be optimistic going into Civil War and will just see from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Someone like Chiwetel would've been pretty cool as T'Challa, since he's british-nigerian and most likely spoke a form of pigeon english to where speaking with an accent would be second nature. Plus iirc Priest's run had them speaking in Hausa from time to time, which is a main language of northern/muslim nigeria. Not that i know if Chiwetel would be familiar with that but if so it'd make for some cool moments between the wakandans. And of course, most important, Chiwetel is a bad ass, charismatic actor all around.

That's not to take anything away from Boseman. I'm honestly not too familiar with him (outside of the praise he got for 42 and Get On Up). So how well he'll sound, act, match wits, etc etc.. :shrug: but i'm going to be optimistic going into Civil War and will just see from there.
    Honestly I had no idea who Boseman was prior to all this. But Marvel has been solid with their casting so far. I think they earn the benefit of the doubt here.

Chiwetel was my first choice as well. He would be perfect or the role. All we can do now is hope for a good script and good actors all around.

Mine was Djimon Honsou and Aldis Hodge (who played MC Ren innStraight outta Compton). I was never fond of Chiwetel as T'Challa to me. Just seemed to stock and not that imposing even though he is a good actor. Hell I would have picked Nate Parker before Chiwetel.
    Boseman has 3 movies coming out next year. Message from the king which he plays a south african guy out for revenge, Gods of Egypt where he plays an Egyptian God and Civil War where he is playing T'Challa so if he is getting this kind of work, then there is something about him that has interested studios, so I believe in him after what I have seen in 42, Get on up, The Express, Lincoln Heights and Draft Day

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Mine was Djimon Honsou and Aldis Hodge (who played MC Ren innStraight outta Compton). I was never fond of Chiwetel as T'Challa to me. Just seemed to stock and not that imposing even though he is a good actor. Hell I would have picked Nate Parker before Chiwetel.
    Boseman has 3 movies coming out next year. Message from the king which he plays a south african guy out for revenge, Gods of Egypt where he plays an Egyptian God and Civil War where he is playing T'Challa so if he is getting this kind of work, then there is something about him that has interested studios, so I believe in him after what I have seen in 42, Get on up, The Express, Lincoln Heights and Draft Day
    I am more worried about the director (wouldn't mind Cooler though) and script of the movie since its from a guy who wrote Amber Lake which I decided to watch and I'm sorry to say that the movie wasn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can say the Cabal, which T'challa hid in Wakanda without telling anyone, destroying the country might be major enough to plant the seeds of revolt. Though Coates might do something new just to make things new reader friendly.
    Could you elaborate? I'm not quite sure how the cabal's actions can lead to a populist revolution. Especially when neither Shuri, who was the ruler at the time, or the Wakandan government as a whole knew what T'Challa was doing.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-25-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The 1st person that usually comes o mind is Killmonger. Depending on the situation coming out of Secret Wars and if Shuri is still alive and what her status is, there could be supporters who want her back on the throne.
    Hmmmm...if he goes that route, that would be a very interesting story. And now that I think about it, it's one that was coming to a head sooner or later.

And yea, someone like Killmonger would try to get involved somehow, if a revolution were to occur.

I was a bit surprised that Feige didn't look into Chiwetel. Or maybe he did but felt ultimately that Chadwick was the better pick for whatever reason. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I still believe Chadwick will do a good job though.

Speaking of which, how are they going to handle language for BP and his supporting cast, especially with the BP solo? Will everyone speak English with an accent? Will they be mostly speaking their native tongue (Wakandan, for a lack of better word)? Will it be both? Will BP speak to the Doras in Hausa?

In Cap: Winter Soldier, their was a scene in the beginning where cap and shield were attacking a bunch of French mercenaries. The mercenaries spoke French amongst themselves. I wonder how they are going to do it this time around.

Hmmmm...if he goes that route, that would be a very interesting story. And now that I think about it, it's one that was coming to a head sooner or later.

And yea, someone like Killmonger would try to get involved somehow, if a revolution were to occur.
    That would be a more interesting and convincing way to have Wakanda go through some kind of inner turmoil. Shuri has proven herself a capable leaders and she's more of a traditionalist than T'Challa is. There would certainly be factions in Wakanda who would support her as ruler.

I was a bit surprised that Feige didn't look into Chiwetel. Or maybe he did but felt ultimately that Chadwick was the better pick for whatever reason. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I still believe Chadwick will do a good job though.

Speaking of which, how are they going to handle language for BP and his supporting cast, especially with the BP solo? Will everyone speak English with an accent? Will they be mostly speaking their native tongue (Wakandan, for a lack of better word)? Will it be both? Will BP speak to the Doras in Hausa?

In Cap: Winter Soldier, their was a scene in the beginning where cap and shield were attacking a bunch of French mercenaries. The mercenaries spoke French amongst themselves. I wonder how they are going to do it this time around.
    We're not privy to who was in the running but they did end up casting Chiwetel as the villain in Doctor Strange.

Could you elaborate? I'm not quite sure how the cabal's actions can lead to a populist revolution. Especially when neither Shuri, who was the ruler at the time, or the Wakandan government as a whole knew what T'Challa was doing.
    Theoretically speaking I think some might be upset that T'challa has placed Wakanda directly in the line of fire in AvX and in Infinity. T'Challa wasn't ruler at the time but if he is now and some hold him somewhat responsible then they nay not want him as a ruler. They may feel T'Challa at times needlessly endangers them in conflicts that don't directly involve them.

Or course I'm just speculating. It could be something else entirely. Maybe something new.

I don't think we've ever had too much of a man on the street perspective in Wakanda so it's possible there were always people who didn't like T'Challa, we just didn't see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't think we've ever had too much of a man on the street perspective in Wakanda so it's possible there were always people who didn't like T'Challa, we just didn't see them.
    Though I would imagine overall he's very popular there have been attempted coups in the past. That happens in any monarchy really. This isn't the first and likely won't be the last.

But the I interesting aspect here is that the author implies T'Challa himself feels Wakanda needs change.