Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Theoretically speaking I think some might be upset that T'challa has placed Wakanda directly in the line of fire in AvX and in Infinity. T'Challa wasn't ruler at the time but if he is now and some hold him somewhat responsible then they nay not want him as a ruler. They may feel T'Challa at times needlessly endangers them in conflicts that don't directly involve them.

Or course I'm just speculating. It could be something else entirely. Maybe something new.
    Ahhh, I see. It's a fair point. It can come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't think we've ever had too much of a man on the street perspective in Wakanda so it's possible there were always people who didn't like T'Challa, we just didn't see them.
    Very true. His choice of significant others alone most likely drew some strong negative reactions from a lot of the locals, along with leaving the country as often as he did to help out foreigners. Not mention his previous actions from AxV, Infinity, and New Avengers like Xpac said. Would be a very interesting perspective to see.

If that's how the story goes, it can can lead to what Marvell2100 said...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That would be a more interesting and convincing way to have Wakanda go through some kind of inner turmoil. Shuri has proven herself a capable leaders and she's more of a traditionalist than T'Challa is. There would certainly be factions in Wakanda who would support her as ruler.
    And if that's where the story is headed, count me in. *crosses fingers*

But the I interesting aspect here is that the author implies T'Challa himself feels Wakanda needs change.

I don't think we've ever had too much of a man on the street perspective in Wakanda so it's possible there were always people who didn't like T'Challa, we just didn't see them.
    It could also be a reaction to everything that has happened to Wakanda these past few months(Marvel time) under the leadership of the Panther clan, particularly T'Challa's actions. Doomwar, AvX, Incursions, etc. I doubt if they would hold Shuri as accountable as much as they would T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Very true. His choice of significant others alone most likely drew some strong negative reactions from a lot of the locals, along with leaving the country as often as he did to help out foreigners. Not mention his previous actions from AxV, Infinity, and New Avengers like Xpac said. Would be a very interesting perspective to see.
    Yeah, I might be wrong but I don't recall anyone from Wakanda liking Monica Lynne. Storm was more accepted until AvX. I would guess Wakandas all wonder why he can't find a nice hometown girl.

Ultimate Member

Theoretically speaking I think some might be upset that T'challa has placed Wakanda directly in the line of fire in AvX and in Infinity. T'Challa wasn't ruler at the time but if he is now and some hold him somewhat responsible then they nay not want him as a ruler. They may feel T'Challa at times needlessly endangers them in conflicts that don't directly involve them.

Or course I'm just speculating. It could be something else entirely. Maybe something new.
    Perhaps, but one would hope that Wakanda citizens would recognize that the destruction of the planet...kinda involves them too

Yeah, I might be wrong but I don't recall anyone from Wakanda liking Monica Lynne. Storm was more accepted until AvX. I would guess Wakandas all wonder why he can't find a nice hometown girl.
    LOL, true true.

From what I remember, Monica Lynne wasn't liked at all. At best, the people close to T'Challa tolerated her because of T'Challa's authority. Storm wasn't too well liked by a good amount in the Central city, but was really liked in the rural areas. Until AxV of course.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-25-2015 at 01:41 PM.

It could also be a reaction to everything that has happened to Wakanda these past few months(Marvel time) under the leadership of the Panther clan, particularly T'Challa's actions. Doomwar, AvX, Incursions, etc. I doubt if they would hold Shuri as accountable as much as they would T'Challa.
    I wonder if he'll be back leading once SW ends.

The Panther Clan angle is another great angle to follow. It actually makes A LOT of sense, considering everything that happened since Doomwar. Many may argue the Panther Clan shouldn't be in charge anymore.

How the Panther Clan operates and goes from there can be a factor too (continue T'Challa's "non-traditional" path or Shuri's more "traditional" path).

Lots of drama. Drama everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Perhaps, but one would hope that Wakanda citizens would recognize that the destruction of the planet...kinda involves them too

They didn't know anything about the incursions until it was too late....because T'Challa wouldn't tell anyone in Wakanda about it. If I was a Wakandan who learned about that, I would be really pissed at him.

I wonder how Shuri took the news when he finally told her what was happened.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-25-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Trie. And that likely is the rationale T'Challa uses. Still some may not be happy about the Cabal call. That didn't work out to well.

After AvX they did try and get T'Challa to get with someone a bit more local. He didn't seem all that interested at the time. Probably too soon though.

I thought it was established that he would be King in the run. It's still up in the air?

I think he probably will be but I think Shuri should still be queen for this reason:

I think having Shuri as ruler gives Coates the opportunity to flesh out the supporting cast even more. T'Challa will still get development in the Ultimates title. But if there is anything that a BP book can benefit from is having a strong supporting cast and a strong rogues gallery. A good BP book needs to have both to have a chance to succeed. As much as some people didn't like Priest's Ross, he was constant in that book along with the Doras and Zuri that Priest used to help define T'Challa during his run. Liss did the same thing with Sofia and Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    The Panther Clan angle is another great angle to follow. It actually makes A LOT of sense, considering everything that happened since Doomwar. Many may argue the Panther Clan shouldn't be in charge anymore.

How the Panther Clan operates and goes from there can be a factor too (continue T'Challa's "non-traditional" path or Shuri's more "traditional" path).

Lots of drama. Drama everywhere.
    There really haven't been that many challenges to the Panther Clan in some time.

After AvX they did try and get T'Challa to get with someone a bit more local. He didn't seem all that interested at the time. Probably too soon though.
    That was just a joke scene by a writer who wasn't trying. These women were just caricatures who were used to try and sell something(someone) else.

BANNED

That was just a joke scene by a writer who wasn't trying. These women were just caricatures who were used to try and sell something(someone) else.
    Those horribly drawn native African women who were "cleverly" used to prop up and show how beautiful, um...."Anglo-friendly Storm", his recent ex-wife, is?
    Last edited by J.D. Owe; 10-25-2015 at 02:38 PM.