Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Her fixation on becoming a Black Panther and later a ruler kind of hindered her 'interest in love'.

Reading some her her events, it seems she doesn't trust men. xD
    More like she doesnt trust ..........period

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It was (and always will be) Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Instead they choose to waste his superior acting abilities portraying a racebent Baron Mordo in the proposed Dr Strange movie. :smh:
    Marvel does like wasting the best black talent in supporting roles that is for sure.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That was just a joke scene by a writer who wasn't trying. These women were just caricatures who were used to try and sell something(someone) else.
    what issue was that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Nope, but I would totally pair her with M'Baku!!
    You joke, but honestly... this has some legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has Shuri ever had any romantic interests?
    As of late....Wakanda is her love interest. Which isn't a bad thing.

Plus, I'd prefer that her character is firmly established before she gets with someone. If she does get with someone, that someone would probably have to be as dedicated to Wakanda and as "traditional" as she is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    You joke, but honestly... this has some legs.
    Hmmm...it actually kinda does...but M'Baku's is far more of a traditionalist than Shuri is. I don't think her ideology goes that far. I see her more of a reined-in version of T'Challa. Not a hardcore traditionalist.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-26-2015 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Marvel does like wasting the best black talent in supporting roles that is for sure.
    it pains me every time i see idris with that viking bucket on his head

Peter Mensah and Djimon Hounsou would've been great as T'Chaka, but Marvel already casted them as (barely) supporting characters in previous MCU films. No idea why they would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    it pains me every time i see idris with that viking bucket on his head
    Forgot about Idris as well.

Wasting? He is the main villain for a marvel feature film?? How the hell is that wasting?

There are only so many "main" roles in the CMB... main hero, main villain, sidekick (if applicable) and then supporting cast.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Peter Mensah and Djimon Hounsou would've been great as T'Chaka, but Marvel already casted them as (barely) supporting characters in previous MCU films. No idea why they would do that.
    Sounds like they were focusing on the movie that was out NOW instead of worrying about a supporting role in a movie that was half a decade away

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Sounds like they were focusing on the movie that was out NOW instead of worrying about a supporting role in a movie that was half a decade away
    Perhaps. Just wished they could've had bigger roles considering their talents. But hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Wasting? He is the main villain for a marvel feature film?? How the hell is that wasting?

There are only so many "main" roles in the CMB... main hero, main villain, sidekick (if applicable) and then supporting cast.
    For lot of the Batman films you can make the argument the villains carry the films. A well done villain can be just as important to a movie as the hero... well done being the key word. Unfortunately you can make the argument the villains in the MCU haven't been a strong point in a lot of the movies (Loki being the big exception). Getting a great actor can help in that regard.

I know for the Jessica Jones TV the thing I'm interested most in is actually David Tenants Killgrave (which isn't to say the rest isn't compelling as well). I think people tend to undervalue the villain, but they're pretty darn important. Or at least they should be.

That's nothing new in superhero films nor is it just a black thing. It's common to see the hero played by a lesser known or less bankable actor while their supporting cast is made up if better known actors. Like Captain America 2 having a supporting cast that included Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and freaking Robert Redford, all of whom are much bigger stars than Chris Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For lot of the Batman films you can make the argument the villains carry the films. A well done villain can be just as important to a movie as the hero... well done being the key word. Unfortunately you can make the argument the villains in the MCU haven't been a strong point in a lot of the movies (Loki being the big exception). Getting a great actor can help in that regard.

I know for the Jessica Jones TV the thing I'm interested most in is actually David Tenants Killgrave (which isn't to say the rest isn't compelling as well). I think people tend to undervalue the villain, but they're pretty darn important. Or at least they should be.
    The thing going for batman is that he is soooo well known and his story has been done soooo many times that you can focus on the villains more in his movies because you don't need a ton of time to spend on actual Batman.

But for a lot of the Marvel guys, they need 90% of the screen time, leaving the villains scratching for whatever is left.

Its funny you mention Loki because of all the villains, he has hogged the most screen time as well. And many people would say it has been a detriment to Thor because of it.

TV is lucky in that way... have so many hours to fill that the villain gets an origin story as well and is jsut as important as the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

Forgot about Idris as well.
    Honestly I'm not sure T'Chaka would be that big of a role either though. Important, but not big. It's like casting for Uncle Ben in a Spider-Man movie... these guys aren't gonna have standard marvel 3 movie contracts.

The thing going for batman is that he is soooo well known and his story has been done soooo many times that you can focus on the villains more in his movies because you don't need a ton of time to spend on actual Batman.

But for a lot of the Marvel guys, they need 90% of the screen time, leaving the villains scratching for whatever is left.

Its funny you mention Loki because of all the villains, he has hogged the most screen time as well. And many people would say it has been a detriment to Thor because of it.

TV is lucky in that way... have so many hours to fill that the villain gets an origin story as well and is jsut as important as the hero.
    To me the arguement that Loki is deterimental to Thor is silly. It's all a part of the whole package franchise. The better any one element does, the better it is as a whole.