Page 101 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 77781

Hello, it's my first time posting on this thread. I'm a huge Panther fan
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I really hate Queen Divine Justice.

Seriously.

I'll show myself out.
    Whaaaaa? Why??

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Nice, welcome to the thread! Any particular favorite Panther related moments or story/run?

Retcon Alert... Retcon Alert... Retcon Alert...

Queen Divine Justice will no longer have connections to the racially insensitive character Man-Ape but will be the daughter of the illegal animal poacher M'baku who wears the animals like the Predator as trophies!

The shame of her now estranged father's actions has her become an animal rights activist and veterinarian outside of Wakanda and potential love interest of T'challa who reinstates her as a Dora in training!

Point Man: "STOP THE RANGE ROVER SIR... I think I see Flex Hectic world building over there and setting up better story arc scenarios than the standard issue ones!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Welcome to the thread Doc Omega.

Can we please stop posting youtube videos up that have nothing to do with anything?

It really slows down mobile browsing and we have been mod warned to stop before.

Any to answer the Queen question...

I found her grating. I find "that type" of character in any media grating. It just isn't my thing.

Malice on the other hand I like.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

She grew on me a little bit, but she was definitely quite the Scrappy early on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    God, I remember that. I also remember how looking back he had T'Challa take several shots at the X-Men when Storm and Black Panther were dealing with ... I want to say Red Ghost. I thought that was mean spirited then but now... It's kind of therapeutic.

Those scenes were incredible. I thought it was more of a "I don't know this guy, and he's large and black, so he must be whooping that little white scientist for no reason" attitude from Scott. One poster back then said if it was captain america kicking a guy's teeth in everybody would've piled on. Also, Storm seemed to be telling them, he's a super intelligent hero, trust him. Hudlin kind of captured a little racial tension there.

I'll Assemble if you call it...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can we please stop posting youtube videos up that have nothing to do with anything?

It really slows down mobile browsing and we have been mod warned to stop before.

Any to answer the Queen question...

I found her grating. I find "that type" of character in any media grating. It just isn't my thing.

Malice on the other hand I like.
    what type of character is that?

I wondering what you guys thoughts on the Black Panther's showing in the recent New Avengers. Just as I was thinking that his upgrade gave possible boost to his strength and other physical stats, now I'm not sure that he got any boost whatsoever. If he was fighting a Batman anagram I can't believe Panther would be stalemated.

BANNED

Clearly superior to DC Bat, no way Bruce does not get impaled if Namor tosses a trident through him

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I wondering what you guys thoughts on the Black Panther's showing in the recent New Avengers. Just as I was thinking that his upgrade gave possible boost to his strength and other physical stats, now I'm not sure that he got any boost whatsoever. If he was fighting a Batman anagram I can't believe Panther would be stalemated.
    New avengers isnt about fighting so any combat will be limited and showing power throught battle will not be a big thing.... You dont actually know how strong the Batmn anagram is and the stalemate helped to show the powerlessness of the lower powered members in relation to the power houses.

T'challa and Batman didn't get much time or room to fight with Hulk and Superman interrupting them. In the end I think T'challa would have won becaus of his power ups. But the plot also called for them to either be tied or losing when Dr Stange had to go crazy

I would like to see a novelization of Hickman's "New Avengers" run when it's all over, since Marvel is still publishing novels based on their comic book stories. Perhaps in that form, we'd get a lot more in-depth knowledge of what is going on with T'Challa and his King of the Dead upgrades, as well as to more explanation into some of these battles within the book.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I think both the Batman guy and Black Panther had their advantages which ended up stalemating things (which is personally what I would expect from a Batman/Black Panther fight).

T'Challa essentially mentions that Batman is the better fighter. But the way T'Challa was drawn (with the mirage effect) I think was attemping to show enhanced speed and agility. And I think that was essentially the balance. T'Challa was a hair quicker and more agile, while Batman was a slightly more skilled fighter. And those advantages ended up cancelling each other out and giving us a fairly even contest in the short window of time we had.