Page 104 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 77781
    BANNED

Dont think Marvel really cares all that much about our opinions. I mean sure we can vote with our dollars but doing that does not necessarily mean the correct message gets hammered home. They might just assume that means no one wants to read the character instead of we won't stand for a hatchet job

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Some fan bases are united enough to contact Marvel repeatedly to make their voices heard about something and don't just complain on message boards when they are unhappy about something. Which is my entire point. This is something that the Black Panther fan base NEEDS to do, but we don't, and I have no idea why we can't get the same type of motivation to do that like other fan bases do.

For instance: I think just about every poster in this thread would love to have Priest's entire run of Black Panther collected. How come we have never unified as a fan base and flooded Marvel with requests to give us that Priest collection, especially since every other writer's run on Black Panther has been made into collections by Marvel? We've had 11 years to flood Marvel for requests for such a collection, and as far as I know, we have not. What are we waiting for?

Not too long ago, I asked posters in this thread to sign a petition for it, and only 36 people signed it, while others were under the impression that petitions don't work (which is false because I have been a part of two successful petitions in the past in relation to Marvel). I also asked the posters in this thread to spread the word about the petition via Facebook and Twitter, but I never received any confirmation about whether or not that was going to be done. So at this point it's like the petition is in limbo with only 36 signatures, which is far below the 100 signatures that would make the petition a success.

Another thing is, I think it's safe to say that any Black Panther fan posting in this thread WANTS Black Panther to always be written correctly and never be written as poorly as he sometimes has been in the past, yet we never unify and convey THAT wish directly to Marvel on a consistent and persistent basis (which in my mind leaves the way open for some writers to portray Black Panther any way they see fit, much to our disappointment, anger and chagrin.
    In large part it's a matter of marvel only seriously considering votes that are made with readers dollars. And that generally applies to all characters, not just T'Challa.

It's fine for people to write or email marvel about having Priests BP collected in more trades or some sort of omnibus or whatever. But I think if you're marvel, really what matters is checking out the sales of the Priest tpd that they have already published. If the sales are there, they'll put out more. If they're not, then they're going to need a pretty good reason to bother.

Any BP poster that wants Priests run SHOULD go out and buy existing trades. If they all did and the sales are still not there, then unfortunately that just means there's not necessarily a financially viable demand for the product. It sucks that the world works that way and I don't think marvel itself necessarily likes it, but that's just how it works.

Ultimate Member

Question: Why can't the Black Panther fan base unify in getting what we want for Black Panther, like other fan bases unify to get what THEY want for THEIR favorite characters?
    Name me the minority character that has worked for? Oh that 's right none because Marvel nor DC will listen.

And more importantly Marvel & DC has to be WILLING to listen and DO SOMETHING.

Look at what Static, Cassandra Cain & Wally West fans are dealing with. Stephanie Brown fans sent letter & food and still got told to screw themselves.

You are not going to win any battle if someone in charge doesn't care for the character and a larger group of fans will make it clear they will not support anything with the character in it.

The only thing they understand is money. So here are your choices.

1) Cold turkey-write Marvel that letter and list every single book you buy from them. Let them know until BP is done right or get a series written by whoever. You are done with Marvel until further notice. Now lets say 5-10K folks did that and Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Storm & Miles Morales are on everyone's lists. Anyone thinks those books can afford to lose 1K let alone 5K readers?

2) Redo the petition and make it a list of folks that are willing to pay for the COMPLETE Priest run set at $80 a volume (the price is what the Teen Titans Perez run set goes for).

And for those who think it's unfair to make other books suffer-hey it's been done to us. Heck it's been done to me in REAL life and it's not a good feeling to lose out on raises because you are made to suffer for the actions of others. You learn to work out a solution after you lose some money.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Dont think Marvel really cares all that much about our opinions. I mean sure we can vote with our dollars but doing that does not necessarily mean the correct message gets hammered home. They might just assume that means no one wants to read the character instead of we won't stand for a hatchet job
    But Marvel DOES listen to opinions, although unfortunately they listen MOST to negative opinions and cater to the people with negative opinions (because that seems to be the loudest, most vocal opinions offered...especially when it deals with expressing a lack of interest or hatred for certain fictional characters).

My stance is, if we as a fan base consistently tell Marvel positive things about what we want for Black Panther, they will listen. But since they don't hear positive opinions from us about what we want all the time, we are not on their radar.

Also, if we are not buying books because we don't want a hatchet job done on Black Panther, that's EXACTLY WHY we need to keep contacting Marvel to tell them WHY we are not buying the book so that they are not playing guessing games and thereby continuing to do a hatchet job on Black Panther because we are not being vocal with the company.

We are literally suffering in silence on these message boards/ comic book web sites when we can be doing like other fan bases on this very site and contacting Marvel directly every chance they give us (and they give us PLENTY of opportunities to contact them with the stuff that they do).

But we are consistently NOT taking advantage of those opportunities, and it is EXTREMELY frustrating to watch year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Name me the minority character that has worked for? Oh that 's right none because Marvel nor DC will listen.
    1. Blue Marvel

2. Storm

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Any BP poster that wants Priests run SHOULD go out and buy existing trades. If they all did and the sales are still not there, then unfortunately that just means there's not necessarily a financially viable demand for the product. It sucks that the world works that way and I don't think marvel itself necessarily likes it, but that's just how it works.
    WHO has them anymore? I've seen the first trade ONCE (and bought it). Just like BP's DVD (I have 1 of the only 32 copies in my city). Hudlin's are the only ones you can find.

The issue with black lead products is you can't find them. You can't buy what you can't find.

There are demands for the products but when you got merchants who are UNWILLING to sale said product-you get low sales and not everyone can order online.

In large part it's a matter of marvel only seriously considering votes that are made with readers dollars. And that generally applies to all characters, not just T'Challa.

It's fine for people to write or email marvel about having Priests BP collected in more trades or some sort of omnibus or whatever. But I think if you're marvel, really what matters is checking out the sales of the Priest tpd that they have already published. If the sales are there, they'll put out more. If they're not, then they're going to need a pretty good reason to bother.

Despite all of what you have said, I have seen several fan bases be successful in their requests to Marvel over the years, and they have been successful NUMEROUS times, and not just for the most popular characters, either, or the characters that receive the majority of Marvel's attention, especially considering how a lot of the decisions Marvel makes has nothing to do with sales but fan backlash or fan feedback about particular situations in their comic books.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 07-03-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    WHO has them anymore? I've seen the first trade ONCE (and bought it). Just like BP's DVD (I have 1 of the only 32 copies in my city). Hudlin's are the only ones you can find.

The issue with black lead products is you can't find them. You can't buy what you can't find.

There are demands for the products but when you got merchants who are UNWILLING to sale said product-you get low sales and not everyone can order online.
    People who want it can still buy it new on Amazon now. And if online retailers begin generating a demand for something, marvel will take notice. But certainly for a product two and a half decades old, it's harder to find. The time for fans to rally for it really needed to be when it first came out unfortunately.

People who want it can still buy it new on Amazon now. And if online retailers begin generating a demand for something, marvel will take notice. But certainly for a product two and a half decades old, it's harder to find. The time for fans to rally for it really needed to be when it first came out unfortunately.
    Well, a few months from now Marvel will release a novelization for "Kraven's Last Hunt," which is a story line that was published in 1987. Unless Spider-Man fans were constantly asking the company for a novelization to a 27-year-old story, it's odd that Marvel would choose to make a novel about THAT now.

So I don't think it's too late to start clamoring for a complete run of Priest's "Black Panther" in omnibus form 11 years after the final issue of that series was published.

Even some of the top selling characters don't have everything collected yet. I still think it will come eventually.
    We need better comics

Well, a few months from now Marvel will release a novelization for "Kraven's Last Hunt," which is a story line that was published in 1987. Unless Spider-Man fans were constantly asking the company for a novelization to a 27-year-old story, it's odd that Marvel would choose to make a novel about THAT now.

So I don't think it's too late to start clamoring for a complete run of Priest's "Black Panther" in omnibus form 11 years after the final issue of that series was published.
    It's not hard to justify a novelization of Kraven's Last Hunt at all. It's almost universally considered one of the greatest marvel stories of all time.

But certainly it doesn't hurt to start clamoring for anything. In the least it can't hurt.

BANNED

As a Cass Cain fan I have yet in all these recent years gotten anything close to what I "want" or hell seen her in a actual comic

But please continue with how every character gets equal billing with a fanbase that's still around

2. Storm
    That fanbase is far from unified
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 07-03-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    As a Cass Cain fan I have yet in all these recent years gotten anything close to what I "want" or hell seen her in a actual comic

But please continue with how every character gets equal billing with a fanbase that's still around
    To whom is your above comment directed at?

In order for Black Panther fans to be united there has to be a "Point Man" leading them!

The randomness around Black Panther prevents too many of us from being on the same page or seeing eye to eye!

Now as far as that petition for Priest goes it wanted too much information therefore the numbers were low!

Keep the sales factor to a minimum to make it easier to sign up for it and the numbers will increase... Start asking for blood types, 10 pieces of I.D. and the names of 20 close relatives and peeps will think you have an agenda with Big Brother watching!

I just want to sign it anonymous or not and keep it moving not jump through hoops for it to happen and give away the house of info!

Black Panther versus Batman?

I did not need to read it to know the standard issue answer was going to be what it always is among writers who switch back and forth from Marvel to DC!

Most writers don't want to burn bridges at each company so they give you the "Why are we fighting when there is another way" angle to keep the TROLLING down and the peace among fan bases!

There is nothing wrong with having one character beat the snot out of another character if they are fighting most customers at the black barbershop pick Ali or Tyson in their prime and stick with it no matter which generation of fans get mad!

Besides if it wasn't the real Batman why care if Black Panther handily won?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStorm View Post
    T'Challa suggesting that Batman guy might be a better fighter is bad writing.
    Why? Thats a big part of T'challa's personality, he likes to talk philosophically with the people he fights especially if it is a pointless fight like this fight and he is always appreciative of others skills. If you have red a lot of T'challa you would see that he has always done this, I think it started in Jungle Action.

Quote Originally Posted by StormXPantherQueenSaga View Post
    Put Panther God Power up's Aside. T'challa and or any BP should always be the superior fighter, not being bias just that a warrior nation where everyone is trained to fight since the moment they can walk just scream victory to me.
    Training is not fighting nor is the amount of time you spent fighting necessarily make you a superior fighter. this is a bad assumption people always make a fighting prodigy can train for six months and easily beat a fighter that has trained for sixteen years. you do not know the Batman analog's fighting background and fights between skilled fighters especially those that do not know each other usually end in draws.
    Last edited by Zuri; 07-04-2014 at 10:27 AM.