Page 105 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    In order for Black Panther fans to be united there has to be a "Point Man" leading them!

The randomness around Black Panther prevents too many of us from being on the same page or seeing eye to eye!

Now as far as that petition for Priest goes it wanted too much information therefore the numbers were low!

Keep the sales factor to a minimum to make it easier to sign up for it and the numbers will increase... Start asking for blood types, 10 pieces of I.D. and the names of 20 close relatives and peeps will think you have an agenda with Big Brother watching!

I just want to sign it anonymous or not and keep it moving not jump through hoops for it to happen and give away the house of info!

Black Panther versus Batman?

I did not need to read it to know the standard issue answer was going to be what it always is among writers who switch back and forth from Marvel to DC!

Most writers don't want to burn bridges at each company so they give you the "Why are we fighting when there is another way" angle to keep the TROLLING down and the peace among fan bases!

There is nothing wrong with having one character beat the snot out of another character if they are fighting most customers at the black barbershop pick Ali or Tyson in their prime and stick with it no matter which generation of fans get mad!

Besides if it wasn't the real Batman why care if Black Panther handily won?
    Realistically, IF the writer was going to have a clear cut winner in the Rider/Black Panther fight that person obviously would have been the Batman guy. The Illuminati were essentially getting their butts kicked by the Great Society, until Strange turned the tide.

I actually think Hickman did T'Challa a favor by having him hold his own, unlike the rest of his teammates (aside from Strange) who were frankly getting spanked. We GOT a real with with Hulk and Superman... and it was Superman. We GOT a real winner with Flash and and Iron Man... and it was Flash. Reed and Beast weren't even conscious for 99.99% of the fight. So looking how the fight was going for their team, T'Challa actually came off better than his peers as a whole.

As the late great Dwayne McDuffie pointed out there are several Justice League members that should be able to "Eat Batman's lunch... Without even working up a sweat" so stalemating Batman in a hand to and fight is jobbing compared to say Hulk versus Superman!

http://blacksuperherodoc.com/?p=500

The problem here is that Black Panther was under a three year run to be made better and here was a clear opportunity to drag me back into the series with a decisive win over pseudo Batman and once again someone flinched up instead of pulling the trigger and going all in!

Having not read this issue I can tell by the off and on responses that something did not sit well with certain fans about what happened recently otherwise this thread would be lit up with exuberant glee!

I don't care what Strange did he is getting the movie treatment now as they search for cast members and a director... Meanwhile the Black Panther thread is no longer that thread that kept remaining at the top of the Marvel forum like before and a movie is far from being worked on!

It would be great to see some scans from this non flight with Batman but truth be told if you wanted to boost Black Panther's image you go all in straight Mary Sue style and let the controversy bring in both the fans and the Haters... Why did Strange rescue them and not the one who Hickman said he was supposed to be building up for the three year run?

This is not so hard to do with Black Panther and a little elbow grease...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QldNYysCbQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKlfg6b-KiU

Hey Mods are linking the videos okay as opposed to embedding them?

Spectacular Member

As the late great Dwayne McDuffie pointed out there are several Justice League members that should be able to "Eat Batman's lunch... Without even working up a sweat" so stalemating Batman in a hand to and fight is jobbing compared to say Hulk versus Superman!

The problem here is that Black Panther was under a three year run to be made better and here was a clear opportunity to drag me back into the series with a decisive win over pseudo Batman and once again someone flinched up instead of pulling the trigger and going all in!

Having not read this issue I can tell by the off and on responses that something did not sit well with certain fans about what happened recently otherwise this thread would be lit up with exuberant glee!

I don't care what Strange did he is getting the movie treatment now as they search for cast members and a director... Meanwhile the Black Panther thread is no longer that thread that kept remaining at the top of the Marvel forum like before and a movie is far from being worked on!

It would be great to see some scans from this non flight with Batman but truth be told if you wanted to boost Black Panther's image you go all in straight Mary Sue style and let the controversy bring in both the fans and the Haters... Why did Strange rescue them and not the one who Hickman said he was supposed to be building up for the three year run?

yea you should read the comic or see scans if you do that you would see this isn't a situation like McDuffie described and more of a turning point in the plot where a desperate situation has devolved to pointless violence between two sets of good people. It is supposed to be tragic and stupid. people are treating it like one of those 90s comic battles that had no real plot and were a gimmick to sell comics. If the Heros win all the time then the story is bland and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Training is not fighting nor is the amount of time you spent fighting necessarily make you a superior fighter. this is a bad assumption people always make a fighting prodigy can train for six months and easily beat a fighter that has trained for sixteen years. you do not know the Batman analog's fighting background and fights between skilled fighters especially those that do not know each other usually end in draws.

I can agree with that, .

I give props to BM since he did also fight cap into a stalemate and caps does have SS advantage.
    I always felt a BP and BM fight would have been the perfect sparring match. i'd sell and buy ticket to that.
    but in my logic between BP and BM is, BM stalemate to Cap and ,BP Defeat Cap, so there for makes BP superior to BM.
    BM=CA CA<BP BP>BM

I don't agree at all that stalemating Batman is jobbing.

As far as why Strange ended up saving the day... firstly I think that's simply what the story was building towards. I won't bore you with the details if you're not reading NA but Strange has been doing all sort of things behind the scenes to become more of player as he's basically been standing on the sidelines up to this point.

Secondly, I think Strange is flat out the most powerful person in the fight. Written to his full potential (something rarely seen for practical storytelling reasons), I think he could cumberstomp BOTH teams without breaking a sweat. So in a lot of ways it makes sense for him to be their ace in the hole.

Ultimately I think this was Strange's moment to shine. And given that he hasn't done so much thus far, I think the character deserved it. Despite that, I think in the least T'Challa didn't look bad. I do think it's fair to note that while the rest of the Illuminati were going down like ducks in a shooting gallery, T'Challa held his own. So Hickman I think was giving him his props even though it was more Strange's moment than T'Challas.

Quote Originally Posted by StormXPantherQueenSaga View Post
    I can agree with that, .

I give props to BM since he did also fight cap into a stalemate and caps does have SS advantage.
    I always felt a BP and BM fight would have been the perfect sparring match. i'd sell and buy ticket to that.
    but in my logic between BP and BM is, BM stalemate to Cap and ,BP Defeat Cap, so there for makes BP superior to BM.
    BM=CA CA<BP BP>BM
    Since Cap and BP have both traded wins over each other (though I do believe BP has beaten Cap more times than Cap has beaten BP) I'm not sure things are as clear cut as that.

I think Cap, Batman, and Black Panther are all pretty even. Any could believably beat the other on any given day.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-04-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Black Panther should take down the pseudo JLA like Doom did everybody, Galactus and the Beyonder in the Secret Wars series!

I don't care if Strange was getting his props I am not interested in him being the focus of anything I am all about T'challa!

The others getting beat made sense but pseudo Batman the gravity based hero should not be stalemating a King of The Dead enhanced Black Panther otherwise the King of The Dead Powers are a useless total waste!

Why the heck would a writer bother to bring the JLA in just to show them get jobbed or vice versa when he is "Slow Burning" us to death waiting for resolutions to problems that started 20 issues ago?

So to date the best showing of Black Panther on panel was his knocking out B-Swizzy day one and since then a bunch of non wins off panel and a stalemate against a character he should be competing with on the world stage for fans!

Point Man: "STOP THE RANGE ROVER SIR... I think I see Black Panther slow burning at the stake Joan of Arc style!"

Pseudo Bruce Wayne: "Can I get a ride?"

Point man: "We don't normally pick up strangers this far out in the jungle but you look like someone we could take if things go south... What's your name stranger?"

Pseudo Batman: "Bat... I mean Flying Blind Rodent Man!"

Point Man: "Nice belt!"

Carry on...

Black Panther should take down the pseudo JLA like Doom did everybody, Galactus and the Beyonder in the Secret Wars series!

I don't care if Strange was getting his props I am not interested in him being the focus of anything I am all about T'challa!

The others getting beat made sense but pseudo Batman the gravity based hero should not be stalemating a King of The Dead enhanced Black Panther otherwise the King of The Dead Powers are a useless total waste!

Why the heck would a writer bother to bring the JLA in just to show them get jobbed or vice versa when he is "Slow Burning" us to death waiting for resolutions to problems that started 20 issues ago?

So to date the best showing of Black Panther on panel was his knocking out B-Swizzy day one and since then a bunch of non wins off panel and a stalemate against a character he should be competing with on the world stage for fans!

Point Man: "STOP THE RANGE ROVER SIR... I think I see Black Panther slow burning at the stake Joan of Arc style!"

Pseudo Bruce Wayne: "Can I get a ride?"

Point man: "We don't normally pick up strangers this far out in the jungle but you look like someone we could take if things go south... What's your name stranger?"

Pseudo Batman: "Bat... I mean Flying Blind Rodent Man!"

Point Man: "Nice belt!"

Carry on...
    I wouldn't say his King of the Dead upgrades are a waste exactly... but honestly I do suspect his power level is ABOUT the same as his classic ones. I think it was just a way to get him his powers back after he lost them post Doom War (though honestly I couldn't tell any difference at all when he didn't have powers).

It is fair to say he hasn't had a whole lot of showings, so it's hard to say really. His arguably best showing in Infinity was off panel. So either Hickman is waiting for some big reveal, or there's really nothing to reveal and he's essentially the same as he was before. We'll see.

BANNED

T'Challa pre-King of the Dead was beating the hell out of characters like Mephisto, Super Skrulls and generally outwitting and humiliating opponents stupid enough to underestimate him and that was when he was just enhanced by the Sacred Heart Shaped Herb.

Even without the herb, he wen't toe-to-toe with Typhoid mary and Lady Bullseye and more than held his own during David Liss's Kingpin of Wakanda BP arc.

Now as the so-called King of the Dead, he's supposed to possess the knowledge and abilities of every single Black Panther that preceded him going 10'000 years back in Wakandan history.

He's demolished a cadre of Reavers and knocked out their erstwhile leader the Black Swan and owned a character that took several cosmic level heavy hitters to take out so it's patently ridiculous that he should be stalemated by a Batman analogue.

As Flex said, I could give a frak about what happened with the rest of the Illuminati.

I expect to see the upgraded T'Challa kicking mad ass and not waxing philosophical about almost breaking his hand off panel or how a Batman wannabe maybe a better fighter than him.

That's straight BS and Hickman needs to start showing us exactly what T'Challa's upgrades are rather than pussyfooting around the issue.

T'Challa talks way too much for someone who's kingdom was almost destroyed by a mutant just before his wife assaulted him before their marriage crumbled around his ears and the aforementioned estranged wife went off to **** someone she knew would hurt him on a personal level.

I'd be expecting T'Challa to be causing instant silences just by entering a room with everyone in attendance worried for their personal safety.

Instead we have the spectacle of T'Challa sharing a chuckle with the mutant who almost decimated Wakanda in a near genocidal act of unprovoked war.

I suppose T'Challa will be rubbing Namor's feet when he finally find out that Wolverine in't the only X-man that's nailed Ororo over the last few years. :SMH:
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-04-2014 at 03:11 PM.

You know out of the whole Illuminati T'challa is the only one that hasn't lost a fight under Hickman. The fight with Rider wasn't even over yet when Stange went super saiyen on them.

Thanks for the Scan Xpac I remember that story lol
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    T'Challa pre-King of the Dead was beating the hell out of characters like Mephisto and generally outwitting and humiliating opponents stupid enough to underestimate him and that was when he was enhanced by the Sacred Heart Shaped Herb.

Even without the herb, he wen't toe-to-toe with Typhoid mary and Lady Bullseye and more than held his own during David Liss's Kingpin of Wakanda BP arc.

Now as the so-called King of the Dead, he's supposed to possess the knowledge and abilities of every single Black Panther that preceded him going 10'000 years back in Wakandan history.

He's demolished a cadre of Reavers and knocked out their erstwhile leader the Black Swan and owned a character that took several cosmic level heavy hitters to take out so it's patently ridiculous that he should be stalemated by a Batman analogue.

As Flex said, I could give a frak about what happened with the rest of the Illuminati.

I expect to see the upgraded T'Challa kicking mad ass and not waxing philosophical about almost breaking his hand off panel or how a Batman wannabe maybe a better fighter than him.

That's straight BS and Hickman needs to start showing us exactly what T'Challa's upgrades are rather than pussyfooting around the issue.

T'Challa talks way too much for someone who's kingdom was almost destroyed by a mutant just before his wife assaulted him before their marriage crumbled around his ears and the aforementioned estranged wife went off to **** someone she knew would hurt him on a personal level.

I'd be expecting T'Challa to be causing instant silences just by entering a room with everyone in attendance worried for their personal safety.

Instead we have the spectacle of T'Challa sharing a chuckle with the mutant who almost decimated Wakanda in a near genocidal act of unprovoked war.

I suppose T'Challa will be rubbing Namor's feet when he finally find out that Wolverine in't the only X-man that's nailed Ororo over the last few years. :SMH:
    Thanks for the unexpected, but needed splash of reality in ice cold water form.

Just reading your post.....regarding everything BP has gone through......seems to be what Priest had in mind when he launched BP back in the day (besides harkening back to how Stan & Jack originally conceived him).

BP should be acting the exact way Priest & Geoff Johns wrote him when they were handling BP solo & in Avengers. BP should be giving Namor the blues the same way he did Stark. The only member of the team BP should be laughing with is Reed. BP should be pushing Namor's buttons, testing the Sea King's patience & resolve. That would be fun, IMO.

IIRC, BP's actions at the start of Priest's run was due to finding "Happy Pants" Panther, and placing him in cryo due to his failing health. To avoid that fate, BP became a control freak, seeking a solution for every potential problem he may face.

It would be natural for BP to return to that mind set again, given his recent loses.

Priest & Johns had the other characters constantly on guard, and reacting to BP, now it almost seems like it is the other way around.

The problem is that BP really needs a writer that understands character, like Ewing.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-04-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    T'Challa pre-King of the Dead was beating the hell out of characters like Mephisto and generally outwitting and humiliating opponents stupid enough to underestimate him and that was when he was enhanced by the Sacred Heart Shaped Herb.

Maj, thanks for your eloquently stated point you said exactly what my thought was. For the record I don't know why you just can't have Strange and T'challa win this fight. It is silly if we have to build a character up by having them be the sole victor in a group fight, and if that is the case then when are we going to get a clear lone man standing victory crafted by yours truly... If that is the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Just reading your post.....regarding everything BP has gone through......seems to be what Priest had in mind when he launched BP back in the day (besides harkening back to how Stan & Jack originally conceived him).

BP should be acting the exact way Priest & Geoff Johns wrote him when they were handling BP solo & in Avengers. BP should be giving Namor the blues the same way he did Stark. The only member of the team BP should be laughing with is Reed. BP should be pushing Namor's buttons, testing the Sea King's patience & resolve. That would be fun, IMO.

IIRC, BP's actions at the start of Priest's run was due to finding "Happy Pants" Panther, and placing him in cryo due to his failing health. To avoid that fate, BP became a control freak, seeking a solution for every potential problem he may face.

It would be natural for BP to return to that mind set again, given his recent loses.

Priest & Johns had the other characters constantly on guard, and reacting to BP, now it almost seems like it is the other way around.

The problem is that BP really needs a writer that understands character, like Ewing.

All points are on the mark. Ewing could write water as a hero and rock that hell out of it far as I'm concerned. The guy has my vote as heir apparent to Priest easily.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

It's always a pleasure to read your posts Mr Shaw.

I totally agree with your assessment of my post and your own erudite observations.

People were afraid of Priest's Black Panther becase he was enigmatic, self assured and lethal in his execution of chosen objectives.

Feared and respected by friend and foe alike, the only person that got under Priest's T'Challa enough to reveal his inner humanity was Ororo Munroe and that served to make his character all the more compelling for it.

Hickman's T'Challa talks way too much, makes promises he doesn't live up to and worst still, actually seems unaware that as the "King of the Dead" he's supposedly stronger than his ever been with or without Wakandan tech or sacred heart shaped herb enhancements.

Queen Shuri on the otherhand, has done everything she set out to do in the aftermath of AvX and in so doing, has gained the well deserved respect of her subjects while T'Challa stays exchanging homilies with other dimensional Batman analogues. :SMH:

Ewing would be BOSS wrting T'Challa true to form no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Maj, thanks for your eloquently stated point you said exactly what my thought was. For the record I don't know why you just can't have Strange and T'challa win this fight. It is silly if we have to build a character up by having them be the sole victor in a group fight, and if that is the case then when are we going to get a clear lone man standing victory crafted by yours truly... If that is the standard.
    T'Challa and Strange should be the two characters most feared on page at any given time just based off of the fact that one is empowered by forbidden eldritch powers in addition to his already considerable might as the 616 MU's resident Sorcerer Supreme and the other possessed of 10'000 years of past warrior kings memories, abilities and powers, should be an unholy tactical, martial and spiritual terror on any battlefield.

Hickman needs to stop taking the piss with T'Challa and really show dude cutting loose as the on true King of the Dead.

The voiciferous Pussycat onesie routine has gotten really old.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-04-2014 at 03:35 PM.

BANNED

You know something's wrong when the only time we've seen T'Challa laying the smackdown on anyone post NA#1 is this....

I'd expect the above behaviour from his ex-wife but from T'Challa? :SMH: