Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    My top 5 stories:

-Sturm Und Drang
    -Deadliest of The Species
    -See Wakanda and Die
    -Enemy of The State
    -The Client

Haven't read Enemy of the State 2 or Kingpin of Wakanda yet. Heard Enemy of the State 2 was really good though (and some of the scans seem to confirm it).
    Enemy of the state 2 is really good. That is one arc I will like to see adapted to the big screen showing Panther vs Iron Man. Story can be a bit jarring at times especially with the whole time travelling aspect of the arc. Still a fantastic story.

DOTS happened to focus on 4 things I liked a lot about the BP mythos:

-Politics (both external and internal)
    -The Storm and BP marriage
    -Family dynamic between the main supporting characters.
    -Shuri

And the mysticism aspect of the story was well-handled too. Plus the story was well-written overall, I felt.
    It's almost ironic that this particular story, which I would agree is one of the better BP ones (at least top 10 in my mind), has T'Challa spending most of it in a coma.

But yeah... that issue aside I think it has all the elements which make the character unique. Perhaps taking T'Challa off the board almost forces the story to really highlight what makes T'Challa's supporting cast and world so special. And to me it did just that. Take T'Challa completely out of the picture, and it's still pretty darn cool. Which is exactly why T'Challa is being built up as a franchise in the MU. Apart from the main character, there's an entire cool world which was showcased very well in that story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Enemy of the state 2 is really good. That is one arc I will like to see adapted to the big screen showing Panther vs Iron Man. Story can be a bit jarring at times especially with the whole time travelling aspect of the arc. Still a fantastic story.
    Any story which has a super hero defeating someone with Windex is an instant classic in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's almost ironic that this particular story, which I would agree is one of the better BP ones (at least top 10 in my mind), has T'Challa spending most of it in a coma.

But yeah... that issue aside I think it has all the elements which make the character unique. Perhaps taking T'Challa off the board almost forces the story to really highlight what makes T'Challa's supporting cast and world so special. And to me it did just that. Take T'Challa completely out of the picture, and it's still pretty darn cool. Which is exactly why T'Challa is being built up as a franchise in the MU. Apart from the main character, there's an entire cool world which was showcased very well in that story arc.
    Having T'Challa in limbo / purgatory ended up being a good excuse for writing him to be very honest about ruling and seeing another look at his personality. I felt T'Challa had a very good showing despite everything.

The interaction between T'Challa and Storm was the highlight imo. Very good book overall.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-05-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I felt like the time traveling portion is what made it so interesting how everything was linked together. The whole battle between Tony and T'Challa is something i would also wanna see on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Any story which has a super hero defeating someone with Windex is an instant classic in my mind.
    Not only the Windex, I also liked how the one who did it was HP Panther, who out maneuvered his younger, more calculating self and should why BP is not to be taking lightly

Having T'Challa in limbo / purgatory ended up being a good excuse for writing him to be very honest about ruling and seeing another look at his personality. I felt T'Challa had a very good showing despite everything.

The interaction between T'Challa and Storm was the highlight imo. Very good book overall.

You see the work put in by Hudlin and McDuffie to show what a good relationship BP and Storm had just for AvX to come in and take a big steaming dump on it. With the weakest dialog and reason ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

You see the work put in by Hudlin and McDuffie to show what a good relationship BP and Storm had just for AvX to come in and take a big steaming dump on it. With the weakest dialog and reason ever.
    Man, I still feel some type of way about that whole fiasco. If they really HAD to break them up (which I doubt), there were way better ways to handle that.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-05-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Man, I still feel some type of way about that whole fiasco. If they really HAD to break them up (which I doubt), there are way better ways to handle that.
    Yeah, really is kind of sad. Reasoning was stupid and bogus. But... that whole event the characterizations were TERRIBLE all around. All the heroes were turned into teenagers with raging hormones. It was stupid.

(plus it lead to Xavier not being in the illuminati which could hae been awesome)

Its funny how, not matter what topic comes up, it somehow gets back to the few big topics this thread goes over again and again lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, really is kind of sad. Reasoning was stupid and bogus. But... that whole event the characterizations were TERRIBLE all around. All the heroes were turned into teenagers with raging hormones. It was stupid.

(plus it lead to Xavier not being in the illuminati which could hae been awesome)

Its funny how, not matter what topic comes up, it somehow gets back to the few big topics this thread goes over again and again lol.
    11/11/15 = Ultimates #1 = Cycle will be broken. Hang in there

Preview for Ultimates #1 is out

It 100% confirms that T'challa is...

- King of Wakanda
    - Enhanced Strength, Senses, and Reactions
    - Leader of the most advanced society on the planet
    - He is flanked by two Doras still

THE KING IS BACK!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Nice. Hopefully the continue on with what the ANAD line up said about Wakanda having its Vibranium back up and running as well as his KotD power, he is gonna need that so we can see him take on some heavy hitters with the rest of the team (although he doesn't need to go h2h as much since this is the always prepared panther).

Where did you see the preview?

Nice. Hopefully the continue on with what the ANAD line up said about Wakanda having its Vibranium back up and running as well as his KotD power, he is gonna need that so we can see him take on some heavy hitters with the rest of the team (although he doesn't need to go h2h as much since this is the always prepared panther).

I would think that if "king of the dead" was still a real thing, it would have been mentioned in that blurb

KoD t'challa was no different from HSH T'challa powerwise. It isn't like beating up BLack Dwarf is any different than utterly destroying Super Skrulls

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...mics-2015-2015

I would think that if "king of the dead" was still a real thing, it would have been mentioned in that blurb

KoD t'challa was no different from HSH T'challa powerwise. It isn't like beating up BLack Dwarf is any different than utterly destroying Super Skrulls
    I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact is not listed in the blurb, sense it also fails to mention P the super genius, and add B.Marvel and Col.Marvel our kind of missing things from theirs aswell and I'd be shocked if Spectrum wasn't missing something else.. more than anything is probably a spacing issue..