Page 115 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 15651051111121131141151161171181191251652156151115 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    It's preview art for NA #22
    So now we can move past the T'challa not doing anything stuff and focus back on the incursions and his role. Someone mentioned that T'challa one of the few that continued to fight the incursions. We also know Namor is going to join the Cabal. I still think that the hints and foreshadowing is there with regards to Namor.

I have zero idea where this is all going, but i'm enjoying his role. Also I don't expect any solo announcement for SDCC. Maybe the NYCC (which would be better) or something after that.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphan View Post
    So now we can move past the T'challa not doing anything stuff and focus back on the incursions and his role. Someone mentioned that T'challa one of the few that continued to fight the incursions. We also know Namor is going to join the Cabal. I still think that the hints and foreshadowing is there with regards to Namor.

I have zero idea where this is all going, but i'm enjoying his role. Also I don't expect any solo announcement for SDCC. Maybe the NYCC (which would be better) or something after that.

Ditto.

Especially with the stuff going on in Avengers right now and Cap.

I am kinda lost and have no good theories. Which I guess is good? Although I wish I enjoyed the ride a little more. This is an average ongoing IMO that will be an epic trade if Hickman does what he does at the end.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Actually, Wakanda does indeed have A LOT of real-world african influence, with Kirby/sci-fi and fantasy, thrown in--but a lot of things are indeed based on African institutions.

I agree that you don't need extensive knowledge, but you need to have a willingness to understand things and also study, research and learn. Otherwise, this is how you end up with offensive, stereotypical crap that turns people of African descent off.
    Oh, I'm certainly all for African influence--it's an African nation after all. But I think a limited understanding of African cultures works fine, unless it's an ignorant understanding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This is the REAL answer right here. And they weren't the only couple that Marvel editorial broke up...
    They were just the only Marvel couple that Marvel editorial chose to break up like this....

Spectacular Member

Actually, Wakanda does indeed have A LOT of real-world african influence, with Kirby/sci-fi and fantasy, thrown in--but a lot of things are indeed based on African institutions.
    on the other thing u said i agree with you but this part saying a lot is a big stretch. the dress of the people and some of the art are African influenced sure but Wakanda isn't very African it like some African stuff on a very American framework.

A good example of this is the Panther God the BPs are pretty much its servants. In Africa men do not serve Gods, Gods serve men. If Wakanda was really has lots of African influence the BPs job would be to get the Panther God to do what the Wakandans wanted. Also the communalism that is the most prominent part of African culture is missing from Wakanda.
    Last edited by Zuri; 07-09-2014 at 10:00 AM.

BANNED

Namor is an interesting character so I'm sure that hi potential switch to Thano's side will be something of a defining role for the Atlantean monarch as the New Avengers narrative continues.

Having said that, I sincerely hope that the scan showing T'Challa decking Namor isn't representative of the art that will be on display in NA#22.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    on the other thing u said i agree with you but this part saying a lot is a big stretch. the dress of the people and some of the art are African influenced sure but Wakanda isn't very African it like some African stuff on a very American framework.

A good example of this is the Panther God the BPs are pretty much its servants. In Africa men do not serve Gods, Gods serve men. If Wakanda was really has lots of African influence the BPs job would be to get the Panther God to do what the Wakandans wanted. Also the communalism that is the most prominent part of African culture is missing from Wakanda.
    Doesn't that really depend on their religion. I would say christians serve God the same way Wakandans serve Bast
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Doesn't that really depend on their religion. I would say christians serve God the same way Wakandans serve Bast
    A core concept of all Traditional African Religion is that the cosmology is centered around humans all the other parts of the cosmology such as gods and ancestors serve mankind. Even in the parts of Africa that are described as Christian or Muslim these beliefs persist. If Wakanda is as it's presented as a traditional African country without outside influence. Their religion would be the same. And would feature the same concept of divinity serving man and not man serving divinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post

I didn't say all or it's totally influenced. Sure there are things that are different, which you would expect from a isolated nation. Having it that way would probably lessen Panther though, since Bast (who is a recent addition in the past decade) would do all the work. I don't think that would work. But things like the Dora's, the HZ, Priest-Kings and so on. But I agree with you on that.

My issue is the cringe worthy stuff when one doesn't know. Like the extremes of having Jungles everywhere or everything looking like Blood Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Namor is an interesting character so I'm sure that hi potential switch to Thano's side will be something of a defining role for the Atlantean monarch as the New Avengers narrative continues.

Having said that, I sincerely hope that the scan showing T'Challa decking Namor isn't representative of the art that will be on display in NA#22.
    Bro, I'm just ready for the next chapter and pray that T'challa isn't in the Axis stuff. lol.
    Yeah, Namor being on Thanos side has potential. I think T'challa is going to end up in a better position though. But not sure that will matter if it get ignored after Hickman. So it depends if Hickman is going to write something else and use him like he has with Reed and Franklin.

Spectacular Member

I didn't say all or it's totally influenced. Sure there are things that are different, which you would expect from a isolated nation. Having it that way would probably lessen Panther though, since Bast (who is a recent addition in the past decade) would do all the work. I don't think that would work. But things like the Dora's, the HZ, Priest-Kings and so on. But I agree with you on that.

My issue is the cringe worthy stuff when one doesn't know. Like the extremes of having Jungles everywhere or everything looking like Blood Diamond.
    I think i misinterpreted how much you meant by "a lot" anyway... Are modern writers so misinformed that they would actually think Africa is full of jungles and war? They should not be But I am remembering the Aids and war orphan child soldier nonsense that was in Batwing so overall you are right.
    Last edited by Zuri; 07-09-2014 at 11:12 AM.

BANNED

Bro, describing valid observations revolving relating to T'Challa's abilities not being depicted adequately within the pages of NA as just being "T'Challa not doing anything stuff" type complaints is a tad disingenuous to say the least.

I've made my obervations on the subject quite clear especially as regards T'Challa's off panel "defeat" of the Black Dwarf and Flex-Hectic clearly pointed out the blatant double standard inherent in the excuses some gave for Hickman's lapse in this regard by clearly pointing out the fact that the selfsame Black Dwarf's demise at the hands of Ronan the Accuser, Gladiator, Kllrt and Annihilus was shown on panel in all its awful glory within the pages of the Avengers book clearly illustrating that Hickman is no stranger to cripting on panel martial combat and associated physical mayhem.

The ensemble cast excuse peddled to excuse T'Challa's lack of on panel decisive physical dominance of opponents on panel, has no justifiable foundation in the face of panels like this....

where he backslaps a loyal Wakandan Elite Trooper with such obvious ease on panel.

A Elite Trooper much like the others who died defending Wakanda againt enemy force that T'Challa's own selective secrecy brought to Wakanda's doorstep.

New Avengers may be an enemble book but this is the Black Panther appreciation thread so some readers wishing to see more BP action shouldn't come as a suprise to anybody.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-09-2014 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

Bro, I'm just ready for the next chapter and pray that T'challa isn't in the Axis stuff. lol.
    Yeah, Namor being on Thanos side has potential. I think T'challa is going to end up in a better position though. But not sure that will matter if it get ignored after Hickman. So it depends if Hickman is going to write something else and use him like he has with Reed and Franklin.
    My bro, like yourself, I'm genuinely looking forward to whatever Hickman brings to the table just as long as he doesn't chump T'Challa, Shuri and Wakanda out.

You're also right about it not mattering whether Hickman leaves T'Challa in a good place if another writer comes along and chooses to reverse all positive forward progression.

I'm still waiting to see some no prize answers about how T'challa keeps his fade so immaculate.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I'm still waiting to see some no prize answers about how T'challa keeps his fade so immaculate.
    Shadow particle edged hair clippers.